The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 8: May 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for the Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 7: June 2014 - May 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Camilla's, The Duchess of Cornwall, ensemble is so so. Shiny silk, I assume, is further aggravated by plastic looking embellishments. Lily white colour does not look good on older women.

Last edited:
:previous: As I watched last night, I was impressed by the way the ensemble moved. I was also not surprised that the DM chose to publish a photo of Charles and Camilla taken so up close as to look out of context.
Nico said:
Thanks Nico, these are wonderful and, since they are shown in context to the surrounding, Camilla's ensemble looks much better, not so starkly white nor over-embellished.

I think Camilla looks great in the cream ensemble.

The decorations on the coat is a floral arrangement possibly cherry blossoms, which gradually cascades down the front of the coat.

Last edited:
It is a classic manteau de robe and did suit the Duchess wonderfully. She made a very regal impression. Lovely.

I thought the white dress was outstanding, especially for the event. I prefer the stiffer fabric compared to last year's dress. Although I liked the design of the embroidery, the size of the beads were not to my taste - maybe silk embroidery with smaller pearls here and there would have been more to my taste.

The dress is wonderful, I can imagine that the jewels and tiara looked amazing close up. I love it when we get to see the royals in their finery.

I am not a fan of the stark white, I don't think it flatters the Duchess. Yes it is a very regal look but I personally don't like the material used for the dress and coat.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Unfortunately Court Dresses are white, end of story. If you look at the gowns in daylight they are very white, but watching the State Opening of Parliament on video you see it as it is meant to be seen, as is HM's.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Unfortunately Court Dresses are white, end of story. If you look at the gowns in daylight they are very white, but watching the State Opening of Parliament on video you see it as it is meant to be seen, as is HM's.
Good point, I hadn't considered that. TV lights and flash photography frequently give a false impression.

I like the silk blue dress. It is pretty, epecially without her usual day time choker.

Very pretty dress. It suits Camilla.

Regarding the gown for the opening of Parliament, not a lot of people can wear pure white but I understand the tradition. I liked the look overall. She certainly looked very regal.

I absolutely love the blue polka dot dress. It is a great color and I like the neckline. I don't mind the pearl choker but this dress definitely looked better without it.

I glad to see the Duchess's dated, 80s hairstyle is looking a bit more up to date. She carries off the formal wear with great panache I think. But her hair style definitely needs freshening up. I read somewhere that her husband favours the blonde, fluffy style, but I think it weighs her face down, if you know what I mean.

HRH the Duchess of Cornwall tonight attended, [as guest of honour] the annual fund raising dinner at the Royal Academy, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London.

She appears to be wearing the Shand Tiara.

Camilla looks very nice; wearing her Victorian Order, Royal Family Order and Shand Tiara.

LOL...I didn't even look at her dress to see what she was wearing until later. I was too busy taking in the tiara and pearl choker, which are both divine!

Sadly Joan Collins (if that is her on the picture above) does not look too good. She looks stuffed into that dress.

Interestingly the Duchess seems to wear another order with her RFO, any idea ?
I'm really surprised to see Camilla in full regalia for a non state event. A tradition perhaps ?

Interestingly the Duchess seems to wear another order with her RFO, any idea ?
I'm really surprised to see Camilla in full regalia for a non state event. A tradition perhaps ?

I am a little surprised as well. Any ideas as to why she decided to be dressed in "white tie" gear for this evening?

Also, some more pictures from the event.
The Duchess of Cornwall Attends the Royal Academy of Arts Annual Dinner - Pictures - Zimbio

The dress she wore to the garden party for the Women's Institute Centenary is the blue silk polka dot dress worn on Friday at the St. James' Palace for the BBC2 500 Word competition.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Duchess+Cornwall+Attends+Garden+Party+Women+nw5TL-JBjJ6l.jpg

shh...it is a secret don't tell anybody.:innocent::innocent:

Camilla clear likes dressing in blue.

Love her new do! She looks 20 years younger.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the Duchess's new hair style. She looks younger. Her outfit is also very lovely.

The blue 'snowflake' dress looks nice.

The hair is parted off to the side and is not curled back as much as usual but it is the same style. The left side just did not take the curl and is combed down.

If she allows the hair to grow she would not need to keep curling to give her hair volume.

I think her hair looks like it has for the last 35 years. Just a bit falter.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I thought the hairstyle took ten years off her.
If she could sweep it back further off her face, to provide a frame for her features, it would look even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom