The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 7: June 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the whole look, the dress, clutch, and--most importantly--the jewelry. What I wouldn't give for that necklace and those earrings!

The maroon dress is lovely. The material looks luxurious.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Elegant outfit, but I really dislike that hat.

That dress is absolutely exquisite! Breathtaking color and regal style.

^ Yes, the jewel tones are very becoming. Much more flattering than white/cream, which is hard for many ladies over about 40 to wear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla may not be most stylish royal woman, but I will say this. Like Charles, she knows what looks good on her and mainly sticks with it. She always looks polished and appropriate for the occassion. And like the Queen, Camilla always puts forth her best effort with her makeup, hair and jewels. BTW, love, love, love her boots!!

As we say here 'she scrubs up well'.. Is is often forgotten that from a private individual [with little or no interest or experience in dressing 'for the public', the Duchess has taught herself how to become a very well dressed woman, invariably appropriately attired for whatever the occasion demands..

All this without a 'stylist', to lure her into the treacherous waters of 'fashion'... She may not be the best dressed woman on the planet, but neither is she a 'victim'...

As we say here 'she scrubs up well'.. Is is often forgotten that from a private individual [with little or no interest or experience in dressing 'for the public', the Duchess has taught herself how to become a very well dressed woman, invariably appropriately attired for whatever the occasion demands..

All this without a 'stylist', to lure her into the treacherous waters of 'fashion'... She may not be the best dressed woman on the planet, but neither is she a 'victim'...

It's the way I see Stephanie, too. :flowers: 'She scrubs up well' and is not about fashion.

Camilla may not be most stylish royal woman, but I will say this. Like Charles, she knows what looks good on her and mainly sticks with it. She always looks polished and appropriate for the occassion. And like the Queen, Camilla always puts forth her best effort with her makeup, hair and jewels. BTW, love, love, love her boots!!

Yep, that's Stephanie! :flowers:

I agree about the boots! :flowers: Love her hat, too.

The Duchess is probably the best dresser of the royal family. I like her style best, more natural than the Queen's sometimes overdesigned apearance.

Being a countrywoman at heart, Camilla will have established a very specific style for various occasions long ago and has developed this since she married Charles. I love the tweeds and the plaids and tartans she wears, good, traditional clothes that are bright and sturdy. I don't think she has ever tried to experiment (I may be wrong) and that's the great thing abutter style, she rarely wears anything that is likely to shock us!

Well, the Duchess of Cornwall has been experimenting too, think about the interesting colour-changing effect of her coat during the wedding of Prince William but she indeed remains the easily-recognizable lady with big hats, pearl strands, stunning jewels and outspoken clothes associated with a lady of a manor indeed.

:flowers:

The Duchess is probably the best dresser of the royal family. I like her style best, more natural than the Queen's sometimes overdesigned apearance.

I agree on both counts.

Camilla always looks good and I think she's constantly improving. She always seems appropriately dressed for the occasion and sometimes adds a touch that really wows.

I like both these latest two outfits.

I love both outfits, particularly the boots and the scarf. I disagree with the Daily Mail that she looks "glamorous" though. Camilla saves her glamorous looks for evening events. These two outfits are flattering and appropriate--which is how she should dress.

I like the hat. It look cozy and warm. She is not a great dresser, but looks good. Unfortunately, her face is that of a smoker and has more wrinkles than her age would have.

Being a countrywoman at heart, Camilla will have established a very specific style for various occasions long ago and has developed this since she married Charles. I love the tweeds and the plaids and tartans she wears, good, traditional clothes that are bright and sturdy. I don't think she has ever tried to experiment (I may be wrong) and that's the great thing abutter style, she rarely wears anything that is likely to shock us!

Agree, for daytime appointments suits or dresses with a jacket has been her style at since at least the early 80s.

Tweeds and plaid were also part of her stable attire.

Camilla has always stayed with the tried and trusted traditional clothes.

She does experiment with ruffles, pockets and patterns but usually it is kept to a minimal.

She follows the tradition of dark colors in fall and winter, light colors in the spring and summer.

Agree, for daytime appointments suits or dresses with a jacket has been her style at since at least the early 80s.

Tweeds and plaid were also part of her stable attire.

Camilla has always stayed with the tried and trusted traditional clothes.

She does experiment with ruffles, pockets and patterns but usually it is kept to a minimal.

She follows the tradition of dark colors in fall and winter, light colors in the spring and summer.

Yes, that's true I must agree with both you and Duc_et_Pair! I'm not sure what i was thinking but it must have been Camilla's staple wardrobe that was on my mind.

There have been one or two outfits that were an experiment too far (for me at least) such as the Diamond Jubilee service at St Paul' Cathedral - although at the time I probably liked it! Some of her experiments have been a great success, like the flowing outfits and line-like trousers she has worn in hot countries.

I lik the look from the first DM article. It's elegant, and suits the Duchess quite well. As for the second look, I'm not too crazy about the hat, but agree that it looks warm, so it very well may have been chosen for practical reasons. I think that Her Highness dresses well, and knows what works for her figure, and for the engagement that she's attending. She doesn't strike me as a fussy dresser, but someone who prefers simplicity and practicality.

Camilla looks regal and stunning tonight, beautifully co-ordinated gown and accessories - the colour does indeed suit her well!

She does indeed look stunning! What a wonderful outfit. And those rubies! *swoons* Not everyone could pull that off, but Camilla can get away with the 'overloaded with precious stones' look.

I'm looking forward to seeing that film, too. I liked the first one. What a cast!

Last edited:
The rich plum and pink suit her, and so do rich blues and reds, but she also looks splendid in white and cream and pastels, and browns too. She seems to be able to look good in just about any colour.

Oh, this look is divine, absolutely divine. Camilla pulled out all the stops here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom