The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 7: June 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cornwall's
Fashion and Style Part 7

Previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderators

The Duchess looked superb during today's Trooping the Colour. Together with Marie-Christine of Kent she was topping my list of "winners".

Love what Camilla's wearing today. Love the hat.
And, best of all , the pink choker! :clap:Charles has great taste!

I'd love to see a full length picture, to be able to see the cut of the coat, or is it a jacket an skirt ?

From what I saw, that was a beautiful color and outfit. Those large hats always look marvelous on her and she's wearing my all-time favorite pink choker.

It is my all time favorite too- Baroness!

Here is a photo of Camilla's outfit from this afternoon, just incase anyone was interested.

Overall, she looks nice and I like the colour of her outfit. It suits her. However I'm not too keen on her hat, since the decoration on it is a little OTT for my liking.

It is OTT, but Camilla carries it so well, I feel. I know I could never get away wearing such an ornate, massive chapeau but she just looks so elegant in it.

I like the hat and the choker. The rest is just all right .

That's another great look for Camilla. I really love the hat, actually, even with all the stuff that's been added to it. Also, that's a corker of a choker (say that 10x really fast).

superbe Camilla in pink !
i like the way camilla recycle her hats with new outfits , specilay the remarkable hats like this one .
im not sure about the chocker for a morning activity , even i'm a very big lover of this stunning peace , i prefere to be woren in evening.

Camilla looks fabulous! She can get away with those OTT hats and the choker completes the outfit beautifully.

What a fabulous look for Camilla. I love the shade of pink, and that choker is simply divine.

It is OTT, but Camilla carries it so well, I feel. I know I could never get away wearing such an ornate, massive chapeau but she just looks so elegant in it.

That choker has got to be my favorite in her collection.

I can see why some people would feel that it is OTT, with the big rose, but I love Camilla in it.
As for the choker, I am with you. Do you do :clap: when you see it too?
The blue one is nice too, but this is my favorite.

I know Camilla's got a set of matching earrings to the pink stone in the choker. I remember seeing them awhile ago, but she normally wears her pearl earrings with that piece.

Yes, he does. He loves to adorn his wife with precious jewels.

He certainly does, and she has the presence to carry them off, too. I'd love to see her swathed in some of Queen Mary's stash! She's got the bosom to carry off the stomacher. Imagine that sight! :D

I used to think she had one choker and changed the centrepiece stone to match the outfit, but I've just had a look through photos of her and some of them have 5 strands of pearls, some 4, and another one, 3. And they are attached to different settings, too, and in some the pearls look a different size. So I now think she has a few different entire ones.

Can you imagine Camilla packing on those diamonds and pearls a la Queen Mary? She could probably carry it off with great presence, no doubt! Who knows what possibilities exist.

And she does have a nice collection of pearl chokers, but this pink one is by far the best.

The Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands simply are two ladies with an outspoken love for big, bold hats and ladylike gloves, often in combination with outspoken jewels. I like that. They dress like you would expect a royal lady to dress for formal events. The Duchess of Cornwall often seems ready for transportation by time machine to the Reigns of Edward VII and George V.

:flowers:

Camilla wears the Edwardian look with its flamboyant styles very well. With a hat like that, a cape and a rapier, she could also be further transported back in time as one of the Three Muskateers. :D

Last edited:
This outfit is similar to the the 2010 Trooping of the Colours outfit.
It is the same hat & choker.
(IMO, the stone looks pale purple.)

Trooping the Colours
2005 Cream suit no necklace
2006 (Absent due to father's death)
2007 Gold with string of gold pearls.
2008 Green (repeat from her daughter's wedding minus the fascinator with 3 strand pearl necklace)
2009 Pale blue/aqua suit with her 3 strand pearl choker with aquamarine clasp.)
2010 Pink suit with cream blouse with a rounded collar and 5 strand pearl choker with pale purple stone.
2011 Cream suit with 5 strand pearl choker with pale purple stone.
2012 Pale blue with her 3 strand pearl choker with aquamarine clasp. The hat a repeat from 2009.
2013 Cream suit with 4 strand pearl choker with oval diamond clasp.
2014 Pink suit with cream cream blouse with a V neck collar and 5 strand pearl choker with pale purple stone. Hat a repeat from 2010.

The 2009 Ascot looks like the same outfit from 2010 Trooping the Colours.

Last edited:
Has it ever been established what the pink stone is? Sapphire, topaz, tourmaline, quartz? It's not a diamond, as they don't come that large in pink.

Her pink suit details (at the shoulders) are unusual and very attractive on her.

I love the hat Camilla chose for Ascot.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

Has it ever been established what the pink stone is? Sapphire, topaz, tourmaline, quartz? It's not a diamond, as they don't come that large in pink.

Not that I am aware of. Its a great choker, IMO, one of the best of the European RFs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom