The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 7: June 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dashka, funny you said that, it's exactly what my daughter's russian skating coach said!

Heh. The similarities are quite uncanny indeed :D. All the woman needs is to dye it brown, and add a white apron-type contraption to make it complete (white because it's a special occasion).

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She wore this cream coat in 2007 at Ascot

Does anyone know if she employes or changed a stylist recently? Because she has been dressing very well lately...

A lovely look for the Duchess today.

Camilla looks nice and the outfit suits her. I love that white/cream colour.

Looks like she shortened her hair quite a bit.

I agree that she looks best when just after a trim - and that usually happens just before a tour.

The suit details are stunning and it looks great on her.

The bag would be - Boa? Anaconda?

I think some color too. She was getting past platinum and well into gray. This is better. Though as you know I dislike the all white/off white in a lady of her age.

The outfits are all repeats.
I do wish she had a new wardrobe for each tour or at least one or two new outfits.

I believe she will use the purse but maybe for an evening event. It was small & she always carries her purses rather than slings them over her shoulder.

:previous: I agree, she looks lovely in that colour and, may I say that Charles is certainly no sartorial slouch either!

Last edited:
I do wish she had a new wardrobe for each tour or at least one or two new outfits.

I think Camilla has a good blend of appearing to dress well and getting good wear out of her favourites. For certain tours, she does get plenty of new clothes (especially when visiting the M-E and India), and at other times, the staples get used.

I believe she will use the purse but maybe for an evening event. It was small & she always carries her purses rather than slings them over her shoulder.

I think some of care about repeats a lot more than she does. She's just not a clothes horse. I can respect that.

Camilla looked great in a Bruce Oldfield beige / gold evening dress in Bogota, last seen in Australia in 2012.

I must be on my own here, as I'm not a huge fan of Camilla's latest evening dress. I'm not so keen on the glitter/sequins on the top half of the dress, as they're a bit much for me. The dress also makes Camilla look larger, IMO.

I must be on my own here, as I'm not a huge fan of Camilla's latest evening dress. I'm not so keen on the glitter/sequins on the top half of the dress, as they're a bit much for me. The dress also makes Camilla look larger, IMO.

The dress was first used in Sydney, during the Jubilee tour of 2-12. I am not sure I have seen it used since then.

The dress was terrible and made Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall, appear bigger. A poor upper support further aggravated the look. The tights were too shiny. Overall the ensemble was awkward.

Last edited:
Camilla sure loves Bruce Oldfield. I don't have a sartorial eye, but he seems to be her fallback designer.

Of course Camilla looks bigger. She's packed on some pounds since she married Charles. Love weight, maybe? Slower metabolism? Charles also had to let out his belt. Either way she looks lovely for her age. And Charles has no problem showing her off.

I like all the outfits Camila used on this trip, except the evening dress. The sparkles on top are a bit much.

Camilla sure loves Bruce Oldfield. I don't have a sartorial eye, but he seems to be her fallback designer.

I don't think The Duchess is a slave to fashion. My guess is that she likes the Oldfield style AND whomever she works with from the house (of Oldfield). I've always thought Oldfield made her feel beautiful and cared for without a lot of fuss. Just my opinion.
I do think women like Camilla wish that she could be fit as easily from measurements as her husband is. But is different for women. There is not so much that is predictable on the bumpy frames we have!
OTo+LUmYBMwGFuFjiq69cCQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Love the pink and lime suits as well as the gold evening dress.

Camilla wore her lime green suit again and it appears she paired it with the clutch she received from the teacher Magly Palacios during a visit to Escuela de Artes Y Oficios Arts and Crafts School on October 29, 2014.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_BOGOTA_COLOMBIA_OCTOBER_3.JPG

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall is presented with a a clutch bag by... News Photo 458046818 | Getty Images

If I am not mistaken, this green suit dates back to 2005 or 2006. As sizes may have changed since, it is quite possible Camilla had Anna Valentine make her the very same suit again in her current size.

Muriel,
It think it is the same one and not a copy. She wears clothes that are loose fitting. If she puts on a few pounds then she wears her Spanx. In previous photos of her wearing this outfit, she looks the same size.

I'm not a fan of that lime colour, but having said that, it suits Camilla and she wears it well. I'm not too keen on the sleeves either, as they're a little bulky to me and don't fit in well with the rest of the suit IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom