The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 7: June 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed from the Duchess's outfit today ! not that boring fur hat again ?
she could do better in such a big event ?

:previous: I agree and I thought she looked great. I think she is dressing for warmth and practicality. She seems to opt for low-heeled boots in winter ever since she broke her ankle a couple of years ago.

I think people confuse a Memorial Service with a funeral, but I'll take my lead from the Queen, colour is definitely allowed.

I agree, I think she looks appropriate.

The military style coat and the military emblem on her hat IMO is fitting for a Service of Commemoration. The dark green is also in keeping with the military theme.

She clearly buys in bulk.

The black/blue hat from today, the Afghanistan Service.
Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - A Service of Commemoration for Troops in Afghanistan — Part 2 - Zimbio

The grey/green hat from March 11, 2015 Cheltenham Races.
Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Cheltenham Races Ladies Day - Zimbio

The beige hat from March 12, 2014 Cheltenham Races.
Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Cheltenham Festival: Ladies Day - Zimbio

The brown hat from November 9, 2009 in Victoria, Canada.
Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Canada - Day 8 - Zimbio

Now the polka dot dresses.

The gold polka dot dress and gold jacket. June 24, 2014
Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Camilla Parker Bowles Visits Wimbledon - Zimbio

The blue polka dot dress with the blue jacket,
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/08/article-2684810-1F7AE97600000578-608_634x850.jpg

I believe this one also has a sister in blue.
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Camill...la+Parker+Bowles+Visits+Newcastle/cuPsxlyyg5I

Last edited by a moderator:
The gown would be pretty except for the band, the superman cape and the mismatched colors.

She needs to get rid of her 'designer'. The band looks like a back support brace.

Is it too much to ask for a gown without the band?

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Charles+Visit+bW9PkuiJVIql.jpg

March 18, 2015 daytime
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Charles+Visit+WVQEvdPdM7Ll.jpg

March 17, 2015
The satin band across the coat matches the satin band across the gown.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/da5...18/WUSA/WUSA/635622667770792613-466685738.jpg

She appears to have a silver and grey theme going for this tour.

The March 17th arrriving dress is dove grey although looks cream and gold.
The March 18th daytime outfit is a grey dress with a grey and black coat.
The March 18th evening gown is silver lace with silver band and a silver or grey cape. In some pictures the gown looks gold with a cream band and grey cape.

I don't mind the superman cape, but I do mind that eye-catching band. It gives the illusion of extra girth in a part of the body no woman wants to look larger, and does her no favours. Interest could have been added with a draped band in the same sheer fabric as the cape, though there's enough going on there without anything around the waist. Apart from the band, I like the colours and the combination of textures.

:previous: A very smart outfit, I think.

Thanks to everyone who's posting these pics. :flowers:

The gown would be pretty except for the band, the superman cape and the mismatched colors.

She needs to get rid of her 'designer'. The band looks like a back support brace.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Charles+Visit+bW9PkuiJVIql.jpg
I love the dress and I like the cape but I am absolutely with you on the "band". It doesn't seem to be anything to do with the rest of the gown and it certainly doesn't segue effortlessly between lace and satin, in fact it clashes. If I close my eyes I can imagine what a more elegant and less glaring band would have looked like.
This ensemble nails it on all levels. It is warm but not mumsy.
March 17, 2015

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/da5...18/WUSA/WUSA/635622667770792613-466685738.jpg
Now this is really lovely and, if you are going to have a "band" this is how it's done.

The March 18th evening gown is silver lace with silver band and a silver or grey cape. In some pictures the gown looks gold with a cream band and grey cape.
Ah progress, it seems the latest innovations in photography seem to change our perception of colour completely. I am sure that in reality Camilla's evening gown matched where it should match and segued where it should segue. It just doesn't look the same to different people.

Remember this little argument? The dress: Celebrities join the white and gold or blue and black debate | Daily Mail Online

The dress for the dinner is lovely. We've discussed before how satin does not always photograph well. This is never so true as when it is used in combo with textured fabrics. I'm sure it was better in person.

That lace though is lovely and the color was very flattering. A nice choice for the venue IMHO.

I agree that the band isn't flattering. AdmirerUS is probably right in assuming the band looked better in person but she needs to consider how a dress will photograph. The lace is lovely and the cape is almost a necessity given that it is cold in DC right now. I think the color is very flattering.

I can't find many pictures of Camilla's look today. I'm not sure how I feel about the two toned coat, but I like the taupe (Oyster) color but I am not sure about the lighter patches, maybe they are pockets. The cut is great.
Prince Charles meets Obama, tours Lincoln's Cottage

I do not like those shiny inserted panels at all. The trim at the collar is alright, and perhaps the trim could have been repeated on pockets - fake or real - on the coat, maybe at an angle rather than horizontal, but not those huge inserts. What has come over her dressmaker? Whoever it is seems obsessed with big shiny things at the waistline.

Her fashion this trip has been awful.
I don't get the shiny parts at all
It looks terrible and because it's been repeated on just about everything she has worn is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's a matter of taste but i think i like it. Indeed a Bruce Oldfield's signature, it's different but at leat the outfits are nicely cut and the colours are flattering.
She's trying something new. Some posters wanted an "update" (lol) of Camilla, here we are ! (but still, she doesn't seem to get it right apparently).

March 18, 2015 daytime
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Charles+Visit+WVQEvdPdM7Ll.jpg

March 17, 2015

I love the evening gown. I love it with the band. I would just move the placement of the band down a little bit to get rid of the " back brace" look.

I must admit I think this trip contains one band/shiny feature too many. but otherwise she looks very good with some attractive accessories and an overall polish to her appearance. I quite like the colour choices too.

I hate this last suit, but all and all I think she looked nice.

Do we think it might be time to start a "Bring Back Anna Valentine" campaign?

I hate this last suit, but all and all I think she looked nice.
I have to agree with you on this one.

Do we think it might be time to start a "Bring Back Anna Valentine" campaign?

Mmm yes and no. Valentine's outfits were nice but sometimes ill fitted. With Bruce Oldfield the fit is perfect but, indeed, some experimentations "very couture" are forgettable.

Do not like today's suit.
It has too much material and the seams/fold/pocket above the breasts are not attractive. This suit makes her look much larger than she actually is.

She needs to keep it simple.

Yes get rid of Bruce Oldfield and borrow Angela Kelly or borrow Charles' tailor for all her daytime clothes or hire someone who knows how to sew.

The clothes need to be constructed with minimum seams. They need to use fabric by the yard rather than by the inch. The seams should not cross the breast but hidden under the arms.

She needs to keep the designs of her clothes simple but elegant.

Last edited:
Camilla has been let down by her fashion designers for this visit, she can look so lovely e.g. Mexican President's visit and Commonwealth Day Service

It's a matter of taste but i think i like it. Indeed a Bruce Oldfield's signature, it's different but at leat the outfits are nicely cut and the colours are flattering.
She's trying something new. Some posters wanted an "update" (lol) of Camilla, here we are ! (but still, she doesn't seem to get it right apparently).

Yes I wanted her to update her look and yes she still hasn't got it right (lol)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom