The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her jacket is very nice and it was a good choice of scarf

I think I like the hairstyle: it reverses the downward focus of the previous longer hair and puts more emphasis on her face.
Yes. I approve. :)

This new hair is great! So much weight off from the frames of her face!

It's amazing just how much good a simple hair cut cam achieve. The opposite is true as well, but not in this case. WOW!! The new short do has done wonders for Camilla. It's looks like she lost weight instead of simply having her hair cut. It also frames her face much better.

It really suits her. I only hope she keeps it this way.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Patron Of The National Literacy Trust Camilla Duchess

Not sure I am a fan of the dress that Camilla wore to a reception for the National Literacy Trust at CH yesterday. I also don't like the much shorter hair.

White yet again *sigh*. Also the fabric is thin enough that you can see the fabric on either side of where the seam is sewn.

While I may not love the hair cut, at least she tried something different!

Oh, my, this looks like a costume from Harry Potter. And I think it's the all-black that does that.

I much prefer her in the slimming black to the perennial aged bride all white. Black hides a multitude of fitness 'sins'.

I like the soft hair on Camilla. The style of the dress is lovely, but I agree that the entire frock needs to be lined.

:) Life would be far less interesting if we all liked the same things and wore the same things. I love the whole outfit. I think the hat works with the coat.

A nice look for the Duchess of Cornwall at Barnardo's headquarters at Barkingside, Essex, today, December 10, matching with the one Queen Elizabeth as chosen :)

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Nice outfit, minus the boots ...

I wonder if the reason she wears those (and the brown) boots so often is that she is chilly? She does not wear gloves, usually.

Last edited:
The outfit is, really, nice. The tights and boots are ridiculous with this outfit. Do the British not know that tights and boots come in varied colors. The Queen wears the same black shoes with everything. They can be made in varied colors.

A nice look for the Duchess of Cornwall at Barnardo's headquarters at Barkingside, Essex, today, December 10, matching with the one Queen Elizabeth as chosen :)

I really like this outfit. Also the hair cut and color are more modern and up to date. But the biggest thing these past few months is her skin. It's not a different make up- her skin is glowing. And it's not botox- she has the same expressive face. Not sure what but she looks good. (Note- not younger-Good - like a " totally live" Granny).

I never get the black dress/black shoes no matter what the outfit. Maybe its a royal thing.

I really like this outfit. Also the hair cut and color are more modern and up to date. But the biggest thing these past few months is her skin. It's not a different make up- her skin is glowing. And it's not botox- she has the same expressive face. Not sure what but she looks good. (Note- not younger-Good - like a " totally live" Granny).

I never get the black dress/black shoes no matter what the outfit. Maybe its a royal thing.

Her face always looks much better following a stop at the Indian Spa she favors. The effects last about 6 months and then ebb.

And the queen got a pair of those black shoes in snakeskin back in summer. So don't think she can't be quite a wild thing!

I thought the Duchess of Cornwall looked very smart when she welcomed home the 4th Battalion The Rifles and presenting them with medals on their return from Afghanistan.

The coat is lovely, but I do wish she would ditch the dreadful hat.

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Welcomes Home The 4Th Battalion

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...hoto/454560729

First outfit- Elegant, but dislike the hat.
Second outfit- Elegant, love the choker action.:D

Camilla's outfit is by Bruce Oldfield. Quite touchingly, he himself is a Barnardo's boy.

Perhaps the boots provide more support for her feet than pumps. Speaking as a middle-aged female, there are some people who need more support. I know I can't wear Catherine's heels (and I certainly couldn't play volleyball in them). I have a pair of boots that are almost as comfortable as athletic shoes.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely red and black dress when she, along with the Prince of Wales, attended a performance of 'Barry Humphries' Farewell Tour: Eat Pray Laugh' at the London Palladium on December 12, 2013.

iceflower said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the black and red dress. The cut looks very nice on Camilla and the colors are very festive.

I love the dress but what's with the choker?? Doesn't go, IMO

I like the pearl choker only. The dress is fussy. The whole fussiness is aggravated by usual overload of cheap-looking jewellery.

Last edited:
I like the pearls choker only. The dress is fussy. The whole fussiness is aggravated by usual overload of cheap-looking jewellery.

Are you referring to the choker as cheap looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom