The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see the evolution of Camilla's style :

-Same event 7 years ago. Same colour of dress and same tiara but the effect is unfortunate : wrong choice of jewels, bad hairdo and makeup and yes there's a somewhat saggy effect..
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/camillaPA2411_228x630.jpg

- Now : Make up and hairs under control, understated elegance without so much bling, a fitted outfit making the difference (thank you Bruce Oldfield).
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles Visit Sri Lanka: Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

Interesting to see the evolution of Camilla's style : -Same event 7 years ago. Same colour of dress and same tiara but the effect is unfortunate : wrong choice of jewels, bad hairdo and makeup and yes there's a somewhat saggy effect.. http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/camillaPA2411_228x630.jpg - Now : Make up and hairs under control, understated elegance without so much bling, a fitted outfit making the difference (thank you Bruce Oldfield). Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles Visit Sri Lanka: Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

You were reading my mind. Color too washed out, too much blingage . She looked uncomfortable. Now a definite fashion do. And her smile is confident and radiant.

I don't like how the mail keeps going on about her looking 10 years younger. That's triggering a lot of negative comments. She looks 66. A healthier happy 66.

I liked the tiara and hairstyle. The dress per se is all right. However, the upper part appears to be unflattering, saggy. The tanned makeup/tan(?) is terrible.
I couldn't disagree more. The dress is wonderfully fit. She looks like she has all the proper undergarments. And, to echo the sentiment-if not the words-of Mr. Darcy in the 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, there's nothing wrong with tanning a little when traveling to tropical places.

Interesting to see the evolution of Camilla's style :

-Same event 7 years ago. Same colour of dress and same tiara but the effect is unfortunate : wrong choice of jewels, bad hairdo and makeup and yes there's a somewhat saggy effect..
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/camillaPA2411_228x630.jpg

- Now : Make up and hairs under control, understated elegance without so much bling, a fitted outfit making the difference (thank you Bruce Oldfield).
Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles Visit Sri Lanka: Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio
Hmm, I think the first time out HM wanted Camilla to be a statement. Unfortunately Camilla didn't yet have the confidence required in this particular mileau. Now she has a style and confidence all her own and her use of the gorgeous Bruce Oldfield gown, coupled with the Mighty Bucheron is a masterpiece of understatement.

I really like both the colour and style of this gown and really love the small train. It's colour and style are immensely flattering and, as noted in a previous post, showcase her delicate collar bones which were completely obscured by the jewellery she wore in 2007.

Instead of a necklace with five rows of diamonds that probably weigh enough to drown her if she fell in a fairly shallow puddle, she sports delicately gorgeous but understated earrings and bracelet, both of which compliment her beautiful gown The less is more approach which seems to have become her standard.

Camilla has definitely arrived. However, the authors of the Mail article couldn't seem to make up their minds as to whether HM leant her the Mighty Bouch just for this occasion or that she has worn it for years. A little research might have helped, certainly more than the insert about the recent history of this tiara that made both authors sound pretty silly.

Last edited:
Get out the ruler - this is the least sag we have ever seen from the Duchess. Good for her!
I couldn't disagree more. The dress is wonderfully fit. She looks like she has all the proper undergarments. And, to echo the sentiment-if not the words-of Mr. Darcy in the 1995 adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, there's nothing wrong with tanning a little when traveling to tropical places.
You have a right to disagree with my personal subjective opinion. I guess that is all.

Last edited:
I love all the outfits Camilla has worn during this trip. Top marks. :clap: I think she's looking fabulous in these most recent photos. I love both the day dress and the evening gown.

Camilla looks wonderful and the aqua suits her so well. Maybe it's the neckline, but I don't think I've seen her collarbones jutting out like that before. Has she lost weight? Her face looks thinner as well.

I'm actually glad Camilla didn't wear the necklace because it looked like it was dragging her down. I think that should be given to perhaps a younger person.

Camilla looks wonderful and the aqua suits her so well. Maybe it's the neckline, but I don't think I've seen her collarbones jutting out like that before. Has she lost weight? Her face looks thinner as well.

I think she has. She looks slimmer all round, but her face particularly. She looks great. She is obviously aging, but that sparkling smile of hers cancels out the physical marks of age and makes her look beautiful, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Camilla does look very good; the extra grooming and care have certainly resulted in a sleeker appearance. Weight loss always shows first in the face, but at least it's not drastic and she's definitely aging well with her personal warmth giving that special patina. She's definitely looking majestic these days.

The light blue dress is lovely. I have no complaints whatsoever. Camila looks very confident too, which helps.

I agree the pale aqua looks good on her.

It's the neckline,
I have a photo of her from maybe 2009 in a low cut navy dress/gown showing quite a bit of bosom with a diamond necklace & earrings and the collar bone along with the creepy shoulders are protruding more so than in the Sri Lanka photo.

Depending on the cut of the neckline & how she stand, the collar bone & shoulders protrude.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate a copy of the orginal image of Camilla in the navy dress only one that has been badly photoshopped.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/jmc11393/dagmarnecklacegrevilleearingsvladim.jpg

Last edited:

Get to the back of the line... ;)

Not only are they stunningly gorgeous, but did anyone else notice they match w/the leaf and branch design of the lace of the dress? Did a bit of a double take seeing that.

Camilla looks increadble. Only thing I'm wondering about is why isn't she wearing her Royal Victorian Order? I would have thought she'd worn it for something like this.

Regardless, HRH looks amazing and wow does that Aquamarine ever bring out the best in her!!

Last edited:
I love the new gown Camilla wore to the Royal Variety Perfomance.

gettyimages/zimbio gallery

The gown is wonderfully styled and the deep blue looks magnificent on her . . . the sapphires didn't hurt either. ;)

I love the new gown Camilla wore to the Royal Variety Perfomance.

gettyimages/zimbio gallery

The gown is wonderfully styled and the deep blue looks magnificent on her . . . the sapphires didn't hurt either. ;)

I agree, the Vivienne Westwood gown looks wonderful on Camilla, and I am glad to see it reappear.

It was first made for her in 2008, and she has used it on a number of occasions including the 2008 Royal Variety Show, the Classical Brits at the Royal Albert Hall (where she also wore the aquamarine demi-parure for the first time) and at a State banquet.

The Duchess looks simply sensational in that Westwood gown, and the sapphires are lovely too.

Does anyone know wether we have seen them before, or what their provenance might be ?

The Duchess looks simply sensational in that Westwood gown, and the sapphires are lovely too.

Does anyone know wether we have seen them before, or what their provenance might be ?

Have a look at the Duchess of Cornwall jewellery thread. I think the earrings may be from the Saudi sapphire demi-parure, but the provenance of the pendant is unknown.

It is a beautiful gown and perfect for this occasion. I like that she has chosen different jewellery - I think the pendant suits the neckline well and it is a wonderful piece.

She looks absolutly fab in that dress, and also her (relatively) new haircolour does suit her very well. Much better than the yellowy stuff.

Same would be true for Mette-Marit; less yellow and more sandy would look much better in fotos

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Camilla looks lovely and the color is nice especially with the sapphires. But I'm not a huge fan of Vivienne Westwood (never have been). I think there is too much bunching and fabric and takes away from the Duchess. It seems the dress is wearing her and not her wearing the dress.

I can't get too much into women's fashion because I don't know much about it but I agree. The color is great on Camilla but I think princess gertrude is right, the dress has too much material bunched up together and the dress is wearing her and not her wearing the dress. I remember Camilla wearing this dress before and I don't think it's a good fit for her.

I can't get too much into women's fashion because I don't know much about it but I agree. The color is great on Camilla but I think princess gertrude is right, the dress has too much material bunched up together and the dress is wearing her and not her wearing the dress. I remember Camilla wearing this dress before and I don't think it's a good fit for her.
It's too big. And the first time she wore it the cleavage was too low. The second time it fit better. The hair and jewelry were fab. Great color!

The dress is typical Westwood : a lot, lot ,lot of fabric and assymetrical cut. Not my taste either but at least Camilla is patriotic by wearing bristish design...
I think she should stay with Oldfield , who did wonders with clear, classical lines ansd clearly knows how to dress her.

I'm of two minds about the Westwood gown. At first I thought it just looked like a mess, but I feel that way about most of Westwood's stuff; I prefer simpler lines. However, on reflection, I decided it's fabulous on her. It's daring and modern and I think Camilla has the presence to get away with it. It's certainly an attention-getter and think it makes a statement about her self-confidence. I love the colour and it provides an opportunity to wear those wonderful sapphires. And I like the matching shoes.

Maybe there is a lot of fabric in that gown, but it is such a beautiful cut and color. I think Camilla does have the presence to carry it off well and those sapphires are just divine.

That color looks way better on her than the perennial white/off white/ivory she favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom