The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfit for the christening was very much in keeping with the style that Camilla has consistently stuck too since she married Prince Charles. It works well for her, and she looks entirely comfortable.

Camilla looked very nice at the christening, the coat is absolutely beautiful. The look reminded me of her wedding day.

I wonder if she will ever change her hairstyle. I think she would look better with shorter hair.

I also think the christening outfit was nice. She appears to be downsizing her hats.

CDM,
I also thought the christening hat was a mini version of her wedding hat.

As far as the hairstyle, I think she & Charles have had the same hairstyle for decades and neither is going to change. IMO I think she should wear her hair a bit longer but part it down the side.

Camilla looked very nice at the christening, the coat is absolutely beautiful. The look reminded me of her wedding day.

I wonder if she will ever change her hairstyle. I think she would look better with shorter hair.

I also think the christening outfit was nice. She appears to be downsizing her hats.

CDM,
I also thought the christening hat was a mini version of her wedding hat.

As far as the hairstyle, I think she & Charles have had the same hairstyle for decades and neither is going to change. IMO I think she should wear her hair a bit longer but part it down the side.

I do not think Camilla will ever really change her hairstyle. What I would hope though, is a subtle tweak to reduce the amount iof hair that covers her face. This is especially the case when she has not glammed up / had her had done for an event. IMO, this just makes her look a lot older.

Last edited:
Camilla should lose the platinum blonde haircolor, it does not suit her and looks totally unnatural on her. Several shades darker would better match her complexion. As for Charles, his part on the side makes him look like he has a combover. Shorter hair would be neater.

Camilla should lose the platinum blonde haircolor, it does not suit her and looks totally unnatural on her. Several shades darker would better match her complexion. As for Charles, his part on the side makes him look like he has a combover. Shorter hair would be neater.

Here, here!!

Commonwealth Nations Reception - Pictures - Zimbio

Camilla in an attractive blue silk jacket for a the Commonwealth Reception at BP in advance of C&C's trip to India and Sri Lanka in November

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1000326_640803615962307_1649472718_n.jpg

More winter staples from Camilla when she, along with HM, made a joint engagement today. As far as I remember, this suit was first seen on Camilla when Catherine, Camilla and a few others had lunch together at the Berkeley Hotel in early 2011, prior to the royal wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
She must have walked in the mud, her boots are very dirty. The colors of this outfit look nice on her, though.

She must have walked in the mud, her boots are very dirty. The colors of this outfit look nice on her, though.

The royal ladies visited the Ebony Horse Club, so Camilla probably did end up walking in the mud.

Here are some excellent pictures of the two ladies. I must say, that bee venom stuff seems to work really well. Camilla's face looks very nice.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Camilla should lose the platinum blonde haircolor, it does not suit her and looks totally unnatural on her.

Are we sure that's platinum blonde? At her age, I think it might be natural white.

I love the purple plaid (?) outfit, and the look for the Commonwealth Reception was nice too.

That plaid contraption is the worst thing I've ever seen on her. Makes her look huge and clown like.

The turquoise is a flattering color on her. Much better thant the perpetual all white/off white, which bleaches her out.

Turquoise is a good color on her. She should wear it more often. Maybe replace the navy dress with white collar and cuffs with something turquoise? :cool:

She already has a navy/white, and a crème one in that design. Perhaps the turquoise will follow!

Turquoise is a good color on her. She should wear it more often. Maybe replace the navy dress with white collar and cuffs with something turquoise? :cool:

One can only hope...

I love that Camilla wears such elegant, flattering and appropriate clothing when visiting places like India. She is lucky she gets to ditch the court shoes, etc. and still look good.

Turquoise is definitely one of her best colours!

I love that Camilla wears such elegant, flattering and appropriate clothing when visiting places like India. She is lucky she gets to ditch the court shoes, etc. and still look good.

Turquoise is definitely one of her best colours!

Over the years, Camilla has developed an extensive wardrobe of conservative, South Asian inspired clothes. She has used these clothes across geographies (in the M-E, Africa, South Asia, and the UK) and most of them have been used time and again.

Camilla Parker Bowles Pictures - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit India - Day 2 - Zimbio

Camilla in her cool and flowing white and blue dress / coat, first seen last year on the tour of Aus / NZ and PNG.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Perfect for the occasion. The blue and white really suits her and she looks both cool and elegant. I like her beautiful "Poppy" which seems a sort of unofficial tip of the hat to the occasion while giving a real "pop" of colour. Just lovely.

A very flattering design for her figure. The Duchess looks very comfortable yet still very smart and elegant - not a easy combination to pull off.

I like the floral pattern of Camilla's dress, but I personally think that the outfit's design isn't particularly flattering.

A very flattering design for her figure. The Duchess looks very comfortable yet still very smart and elegant - not a easy combination to pull off.

I totally agree. She either has a talent for this, or has excellent advisers.

Gosh, she looks beautiful! I love the dress-such a lovely floral print. And the shoes, necklace, and hairstyle: all wonderful.

This latest outfit makes her look 80. I am not a fan of this at all.

This latest outfit makes her look 80. I am not a fan of this at all.

If I look like that at the age of eighty, I'll be thanking my lucky stars. Love the outfit.

I am older than she is and would never wear that thing. But on the other hand she looks comfortable. You can look very stylish at 80. My mother will be 99 and would never wear that.

I am older than she is and would never wear that thing. But on the other hand she looks comfortable. You can look very stylish at 80. My mother will be 99 and would never wear that.

but then again we might not agree what is stylish.

Camilla looks comfortable, in tune with her surroundings, and people seem happy to be with her. That is more than many can say.

I like the look - and I talk as a fellow Brit, with blonde hair and a dislike of heat and humidity. Loose clothing helps a lot and a general cover-up ensures that no one can be offended.

I think she has developed a great wardrobe for the tour to date. But dont be surprised if you see it all again as she is doesn't buy new every time

And surely it is about how she looks and what is appropriate - not what we personally would wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom