The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks lovely. The length is flattering. One of her better looks.

I like that colour on her. It's nice for a change. I was going to say it would have been nice if she'd swapped that pearl choker for a necklace with a few rubies, but I think I spy a ruby in the centre there.

I echo everyone else's thoughts. I like the dress, it suits Camilla and she wears it well.

She looks nice. There is nothing wrong with the dress. The length complaints are because her legs are not comely and she looks dumpy. Longer would have been better. The shawl is a waste.

The shawl is not a waste. She is about to spend at least 2 hours in a stone built former church. It will get cold.

The dress has a Spanish vibe. I like it. The Duchess is a good dresser.

First time I'm seeing it, but Camilla needs more outfits like this, as it is a major Grand Slam Home Run!! Great style, great fit and suits the Duchess to a tee. She looks fantastic.

Duchess of Cornwall attended the official welcome ceremony in Halifax, Nova Scotia

without scarf
**Pic**

with scarf
**Pic**

Tartan of Nova Scotia
Tartan_of_Nova_Scotia.png

The ensembles with tartan are the best pieces in Camilla's,Duchess of Cornwall, wardrobe. She looks absolutely splendid. I like richness of the blue shade and do not mind an odd looking feather on the hat and unflattering bronzed (tanned?) makeup.

Last edited:
Duchess of Cornwall attended the official welcome ceremony in Halifax, Nova Scotia

without scarf
**Pic**

with scarf
**Pic
I think she looks marvelous and really suits both the colour and the style of her ensemble. I love the scarf and especially like her hat with it's natty (not so little) feather! How utterly serendipidous it is that the Nova Scotia tartan looks so well on her and is a nice touch when visiting Nova Scotia. :flowers:

She looks wonderful and the color is lovely on her. Not crazy about the feather..

She looks wonderful...love this color on her.

The Duchess looks lovely in the blue outfit. It's elegant, and it suits her.

The ensembles with tartan are the best pieces in Camilla's,Duchess of Cornwall, wardrobe. She looks absolutely splendid. I like richness of the blue shade and do not mind an odd looking feather on the hat and unflattering bronzed (tanned?) makeup.

I think it may just be the lighting that is making Camilla appear tanned.

I like Camilla's latest outfit. That shade of blue (I think it's duck egg) is great and suits her well. I have no complaints.

I liked her in the darker blue with the tartan.

I liked the darker blue outfit as well although in some pics with the scarf she reminded me of the old British Caledonian flight attendants - showing my age!

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

The Duchess of Cornwall looked very regal, stately and charming. I was very impressed seeing her on BBC today.

Camilla looked great but I wish her Royal Victorian Order sash fitted better. I think it hangs too much. Have to take a page out of Princess Margaret's book and make sure those sashes fit well. Catherine is rather slim so her future Order sash will need to be fitted or it will hang down her leg.

Last edited:
Camilla looked great but I wish her Royal Victorian Order sash fitted better. I think it hangs too much. Have to take a page out of Princess Margaret's book and make sure those sashes fit well. Catherine is rather slim so her future Order sash will need to be fitted or it will hang down her leg.

To defend the Duchess of Cornwall: Princess Margaret usually wore no sash at all at the State Opening of Parliament...

:flowers:

From imagecollect.com: HRH The Princess Margaret at the State Opening of Parliament 1997
http://static9.imagecollect.com/preview/560/6bc58a6e83f74d9

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm talking about when Princess Margaret wore her Victorian Order sash on other occasions. It just looks better when the Orders fit better.

Now that was funny, lol. It's not going to look right if it's not fitted though. The Queen was known to wear her sashes well fitted too. I'm surprised she hasn't advised Camilla on wearing the sash. Then again, Here Majesty's ladies-n-waiting seem to be wearing theirs the same way, very loose and hanging.

In Amsterdam, the Duchess showed she masters the art of wearing a sash neat and corrrectly, picture s from Zimbio:

Aerial view - http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...ration+King+Willem+Alexander+9ZoWD-37cEhx.jpg

Front view - http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...ration+King+Willem+Alexander+YcMQJJjZpBsx.jpg

It always depends on that moment one sits, bows, walks, turns or moves and a sash eventually folds a bit. :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom