The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

The look was nothing to write home about, but it was indeed appropriate and fitting for the occasion. The color was lovely on her.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
The look was nothing to write home about, but it was indeed appropriate and fitting for the occasion. The color was lovely on her.
Couldn't have said it better and frankly that's just what royal ladies needed to do today!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Majesty

I like that Camilla took her time to pose for pictures at the dinner last night. She looked pretty good in her evening gown and tiara. Being seen in her best isn't something she get a chance to show the media back at home. The palace seem to hide members of the royal family when they are in their glad rags.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/2013043012340/europe-royal-ladies-fashion/1/#7

First time for Camilla in Court dress.
The overall look is quite nice and the color particulary good. Of course it screams "dowager look" (she could have worn the same dress in Athens in 1964) but at 65 i don't think the Duchess wants to play the poster girl.
I would say appropriate, as usual.
I think Camilla's feathery hat is recycled from the wedding Peter & Autumn, and also the wedding of Tom & Sara Parker-Bowles.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think Camilla's feathery hat is recycled from the wedding Peter & Autumn, and also the wedding of Tom & Sara Parker-Bowles.
Yes it it indeed - quite a silly piece really but at least she has got use and wear out of it.

Camilla looked the part today - plain and simple court dress with the added frillyness of the fascinator. She looked well - after all she is in her mid 60s and her counterparts of heirs and wives are much younger and can get away with wearing more 'daring'/fashion forward clothes than her

Did not like the balck and white combo dress from the dinner - it was pieced together in the worst place for Camilla and made her much bigger than normal and was very very unflattering

Old 04-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla did, indeed, look the part today. I'm not understanding the empire waist-look on her, but overall the simplicity and lovely color worked in her favor.

I am not a lover of her dinner gown precisely because of the unusual seaming across the bust line. I did Love how she wore her tiara sitting at the back of her head! Very flattering and regal.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Camilla looked the part today - plain and simple court dress with the added frillyness of the fascinator. She looked well - after all she is in her mid 60s and her counterparts of heirs and wives are much younger and can get away with wearing more 'daring'/fashion forward clothes than her

Did not like the balck and white combo dress from the dinner - it was pieced together in the worst place for Camilla and made her much bigger than normal and was very very unflattering
ditto.
I also think her black and white dress would have looked better with long sleeves. T
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Courtier

Of the 11 pics in Hello, Camilla does indeed look the best.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I actually thought Camilla was very elegantly dressed for both the events in Amsterdam.

The black and white gown was lovely. Initially I thought the black meeting the white across the bust line was a bit odd, but once I saw a few pictures, it did not seem odd at all.

I loved the blue ensemble for the inauguration - so elegant, and so appropriate for the event. I also loved that she resued the hat from the weddings of Tom and Peter.

I am amused by the constant carping about any uplifiting garments that the Duchess may use - lets not forget, she is 65 years old. Personally, I would much rather see her as she appears, than in some gravity defying structure.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

I am amused by the constant carping about any uplifiting garments that the Duchess may use - lets not forget, she is 65 years old. Personally, I would much rather see her as she appears, than in some gravity defying structure.
We're not talking about a feat of engineering; we're talking about a bra! For some reason, every other 65+ royal lady seems to have figured it out.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Commoner

I didn't actually notice her bosom when I was looking at those pictures, I just thought she looked lovely in all of those dresses and regalia.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Lovely. Just lovely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/2013043012340/europe-royal-ladies-fashion/1/#7

First time for Camilla in Court dress.
The overall look is quite nice and the color particulary good. Of course it screams "dowager look" (she could have worn the same dress in Athens in 1964) but at 65 i don't think the Duchess wants to play the poster girl.
I would say appropriate, as usual.
Funny you should say dowager...on some other royal sites they are saying that dress would be decent maternity wear for Katherine!:lol
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Funny you should say dowager...on some other royal sites they are saying that dress would be decent maternity wear for Katherine!:lol
Well apparently Catherine wore something quite similar (in another color , shorter and without the sleeves) some days ago. Didn't see it. Maybe it was from Bruce Oldfield as well ...
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is an awful dress and the color, for her, is not becoming. She looks much better in deeper shades. She looked lovely the night before. Now she looks frumpy. The hat is fine and so is her hair. She does need better undergarments.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

May 8, 2013 - At the opening of parliament in a whit dress with a lace top part.

Close up ** Full view
Old 05-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

Tiara check , RFO check, RVO check, gloves check.
Totally regal.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Majesty

I knew she would wear The Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara. I thought Camilla looked very good at the State Opening.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
May 8, 2013 - At the opening of parliament in a whit dress with a lace top part.

Close up ** Full view
I thought Camilla looked very regal at the state opening - very much the Queen in waiting.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really like Camilla. Really.

I just wish someone would tell her that breasts hanging down to the elbow and a long dropped waist is not the best choice for her. It destroys her body proportions and is not flattering. Yes she looks like a HRH. But she could look like a much lovelier HRH if she would just wear things that flattered her figure.

Sorry for the rant. I just want her to look great rather than droopy. On the positive side, she does love diamonds and they seem to lover her.

Tags
camilla, camillas evening dresses, camillas outfits, camillas style, duchess of cornwall's fashion, duchess of cornwall's fashion and style, duchess of cornwall's style