The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 5: November 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks lovely! Tiara is beautiful. I see why it's her favorite.

Hair looks great. Dress is well fitted , but horizontal lines are not our friend!

Sorry, she needs better under garments, don't you have good bras in England?. But not as frumpy as usual. They look fine.

Sorry, but this look is not very good. Line across her bust makes her look really big, and the hair is soooo 1970s. I wish she would trim it.

Sorry, but this look is not very good. Line across her bust makes her look really big, and the hair is soooo 1970s. I wish she would trim it.

I think big hair looks good with her tiara and for change she's wearing something more formfitting which looks good. She looks much better in clothes that fit.

A wow for Camilla and a mention for the lady in red behind :p

Camilla actually looks really really nice. Good color choice for her.

Like the fact that C & C decided to match.

There is just too much material. It makes her backside look even larger.

She needed a lighter material & less of it. It looks like a winter dress rather than spring. The modesty panel detracts from the dress.

Maybe a dress with a black top silk with delicate white lace over it and black silk skirt.

The hair & tiara look nice.

The look was nothing to write home about, but it was indeed appropriate and fitting for the occasion. The color was lovely on her.

The look was nothing to write home about, but it was indeed appropriate and fitting for the occasion. The color was lovely on her.

Couldn't have said it better and frankly that's just what royal ladies needed to do today!

I like that Camilla took her time to pose for pictures at the dinner last night. She looked pretty good in her evening gown and tiara. Being seen in her best isn't something she get a chance to show the media back at home. The palace seem to hide members of the royal family when they are in their glad rags.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/2013043012340/europe-royal-ladies-fashion/1/#7

First time for Camilla in Court dress.
The overall look is quite nice and the color particulary good. Of course it screams "dowager look" (she could have worn the same dress in Athens in 1964) but at 65 i don't think the Duchess wants to play the poster girl.
I would say appropriate, as usual.

I think Camilla's feathery hat is recycled from the wedding Peter & Autumn, and also the wedding of Tom & Sara Parker-Bowles.

I think Camilla's feathery hat is recycled from the wedding Peter & Autumn, and also the wedding of Tom & Sara Parker-Bowles.

Yes it it indeed - quite a silly piece really but at least she has got use and wear out of it.

Camilla looked the part today - plain and simple court dress with the added frillyness of the fascinator. She looked well - after all she is in her mid 60s and her counterparts of heirs and wives are much younger and can get away with wearing more 'daring'/fashion forward clothes than her

Did not like the balck and white combo dress from the dinner - it was pieced together in the worst place for Camilla and made her much bigger than normal and was very very unflattering

Camilla did, indeed, look the part today. I'm not understanding the empire waist-look on her, but overall the simplicity and lovely color worked in her favor.

I am not a lover of her dinner gown precisely because of the unusual seaming across the bust line. I did Love how she wore her tiara sitting at the back of her head! Very flattering and regal.

Camilla looked the part today - plain and simple court dress with the added frillyness of the fascinator. She looked well - after all she is in her mid 60s and her counterparts of heirs and wives are much younger and can get away with wearing more 'daring'/fashion forward clothes than her

Did not like the balck and white combo dress from the dinner - it was pieced together in the worst place for Camilla and made her much bigger than normal and was very very unflattering

ditto.
I also think her black and white dress would have looked better with long sleeves. T

Of the 11 pics in Hello, Camilla does indeed look the best.

I actually thought Camilla was very elegantly dressed for both the events in Amsterdam.

The black and white gown was lovely. Initially I thought the black meeting the white across the bust line was a bit odd, but once I saw a few pictures, it did not seem odd at all.

I loved the blue ensemble for the inauguration - so elegant, and so appropriate for the event. I also loved that she resued the hat from the weddings of Tom and Peter.

I am amused by the constant carping about any uplifiting garments that the Duchess may use - lets not forget, she is 65 years old. Personally, I would much rather see her as she appears, than in some gravity defying structure.

I am amused by the constant carping about any uplifiting garments that the Duchess may use - lets not forget, she is 65 years old. Personally, I would much rather see her as she appears, than in some gravity defying structure.

We're not talking about a feat of engineering; we're talking about a bra! For some reason, every other 65+ royal lady seems to have figured it out.

I didn't actually notice her bosom when I was looking at those pictures, I just thought she looked lovely in all of those dresses and regalia.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/2013043012340/europe-royal-ladies-fashion/1/#7

First time for Camilla in Court dress.
The overall look is quite nice and the color particulary good. Of course it screams "dowager look" (she could have worn the same dress in Athens in 1964) but at 65 i don't think the Duchess wants to play the poster girl.
I would say appropriate, as usual.

Funny you should say dowager...on some other royal sites they are saying that dress would be decent maternity wear for Katherine!:lol

Funny you should say dowager...on some other royal sites they are saying that dress would be decent maternity wear for Katherine!:lol

Well apparently Catherine wore something quite similar (in another color , shorter and without the sleeves) some days ago. Didn't see it. Maybe it was from Bruce Oldfield as well ...

It is an awful dress and the color, for her, is not becoming. She looks much better in deeper shades. She looked lovely the night before. Now she looks frumpy. The hat is fine and so is her hair. She does need better undergarments.

Tiara check , RFO check, RVO check, gloves check.
Totally regal.

I knew she would wear The Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara. I thought Camilla looked very good at the State Opening.

I really like Camilla. Really.

I just wish someone would tell her that breasts hanging down to the elbow and a long dropped waist is not the best choice for her. It destroys her body proportions and is not flattering. Yes she looks like a HRH. But she could look like a much lovelier HRH if she would just wear things that flattered her figure.

Sorry for the rant. I just want her to look great rather than droopy. ;) On the positive side, she does love diamonds and they seem to lover her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom