The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 5: November 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is really looking terrific and she seems to exude the "I'm comfortable in my own skin" look, which seems to translates as both warm and friendly. It makes people feel happy and at ease.

Those particular tones of blue are terrific colours for her. I think she has had the subtle gold shade taken out of her hair and the slightly more elegant colour suits her skin tone. That particular fabulous pearl choker and favourite earrings don't hurt either! :D

She is really looking terrific and she seems to exude the "I'm comfortable in my own skin" look, which seems to translates as both warm and friendly. It makes people feel happy and at ease.

Those particular tones of blue are terrific colours for her. I think she has had the subtle gold shade taken out of her hair and the slightly more elegant colour suits her skin tone. That particular fabulous pearl choker and favourite earrings don't hurt either! :D

Quite agree with you - this is clearly somebody very comfortable in her own skin and role, and genuinely appears to be enjoying herself. Its quite a happy place to be in!

Camila looks quite fabulous in blue, but what really makes the look for me, is her self-confidence, and glow. She looks great, and I'd venture feels great too.

Camilla Visits Bletchley Park - Pictures - Zimbio

More of Camilla's staples in use at Bletchley: the (in)famous brown polka dotted dress and the blue coat. Am I right in thinking that the brown pola dotted dress has actually never been seen in public in its entirety?

Am I right in thinking that the brown pola dotted dress has actually never been seen in public in its entirety?

You're right. It's one of the Windsors best kept secrets ! ;)

Camilla Visits Bletchley Park - Pictures - Zimbio

More of Camilla's staples in use at Bletchley: the (in)famous brown polka dotted dress and the blue coat. Am I right in thinking that the brown pola dotted dress has actually never been seen in public in its entirety?

You're right. It's one of the Windsors best kept secrets ! ;)

For purposes of conceptual clarity and to get the contextual framework right, the dress was heavily criticised on these forums sometime back (last year). Funny, as nobody appears to have seen it in its entirety!

Camilla Visits Greenwich Fan Museum - Pictures - Zimbio

More trusty staples from Camilla's wardrobe re-emerged when Camilla wore her blueish - purplish suit to Greenwhich yesterday.

Loved the Kashmiri hand-embroidered pashmina she wore with the suit - the embroidery on it is very fine.

Daily News

Camilla wore her silver suit with the disks for dinner with the King and Queen in Amman last night. The suit was first seen at the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi in 2010.

Day 3 in Amman, when C&C visited the refugee camps. Camilla was wearing a beige tunic, with creme trousers. This is a style she has used very effectively for many years, and has tunics in similar designs in soft blue and sea green as well.

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall And Prince Charles

The "far east" wardrobe from Anna Valentine is always very flattering and appropriate.

Camila looks very lovely, and comfortable a well.

Day 3 in Amman, when C&C visited the refugee camps. Camilla was wearing a beige tunic, with creme trousers. This is a style she has used very effectively for many years, and has tunics in similar designs in soft blue and sea green as well.

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall And Prince Charles

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Visits The Qatar

The light blue tunic I previously referred to has reappeared on Day 2 of the trip to Qatar.

Britains Prince Charles And His Wife Camilla Duchess Of

New royal blue tunic suit on Day 1 of Qatar

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the color, even if it looks like she's wearing a bathrobe, or nightie!

Point taken :), though I think this may be down to not having great pictures without watermarks.

Both shades of blue are lovely for the Duchess. She must be very comfortable in this attire, since I imagine the heat is pretty intense.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Camilla looking lovely in her trusty purple Anna Valentine number at the enthronement of the new Archbishop of Canterbury today

Oh my, this is not a good look. The hat looks like something out of My Fair Lady, the fit on the coat makes it seem like a shirt is bunching up underneath, and the boots are straight off the seedy parts of Wilshire Blvd.

I am in total agreement with casualfan. Too much going on and the shiny boots don't help. I do however, like her in purple.

The purple is a flattering color. However, she really needs to add some form of exercise to her day, now that she has little time to ride. At her age especially, the post menopausal hormone levels really do a number on your metabolism.

The purple is a flattering color. However, she really needs to add some form of exercise to her day, now that she has little time to ride. At her age especially, the post menopausal hormone levels really do a number on your metabolism.

I noticed that, too. Last week though, in relatively flimsy outfits in the Middle East, she didn't look as chunky. She seems to have a peculiar relationship with the camera. From one day to the next, she can look better or worse, more so than most people. Maybe it's her posture. Maybe it's just my perception.

I'm sure you're right about the exercise, too. I'm around her age, and with that schedule I'd go nuts.

Are you suggesting that HRH has gained weight?- laughs

Her Highness looks wonderful in purple, and healthy as well. The shade is very flattering.

Her undergarments were never of the finest quality if I dare say so... Perhaps quality is the wrong word, but they never seem to help the fit of some of her outfits.

tell me about it!:argh:

I realised that this might be misunderstood. I am a bit younger than Camilla but built on similar lines and it is so difficult to overcome that middle spread, especially when exercise is limited. This is a woman who loves walking ,riding - an active life, but since she broke her leg a few years ago and had a period of enforced rest, the weight went on and at 67 it must be difficult to shift. I've been through the same and I'm trying to shift it but it is so much harder than it used to be.

Or let's just say as a general theme...what used to be called better corsetry. I can understand why she doesnt want to wear them as they are not exactly comfortable. But a bit more aerobic exercise would solve the issue. Time is a bitch with claws and she gets meaner as we get older....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom