The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,776
Today - NO, just NO! A Little House on the Prairie print done two ways with ruffles on a day dress is not a good choice. Even for a vineyard. Heck - wear floaty pants and a floaty top and it would have been an improvement for the venue.

Adding that 1970s sagging hippie belt is not a good look. Given the choice of undergarments = NEVER CHOOSE SAGGING LINES OR ACCESSORIES.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...6_634x1093.jpg

Please, start asking anyone honest for a check before you walk out the door.

I get it that the DOC is not a clothes horse and I try very hard to be supportive, but today just crushed my spirit.

Tonight was better and she wore floaty pants and a floaty top: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...65_306x531.jpg
__________________

__________________
  #382  
Old 07-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 39
Why does it have to be all about what is worn ? The Duchess is 66 years old, of course she is not a "clothes horse", her job is to support her husband which, IMO , she does admirably (..)
__________________

__________________
  #383  
Old 07-09-2013, 09:59 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,776
It does not HAVE to be anything. But the truth is that we have seen Camilla in shoes with the leather worn off the heel back. We have seen her make simple wardrobe mistakes which, frankly, would have damaged someone in MY career, much less someone in a career at her level.

She has a job. If people in her career cannot speak in public, they get coaches. I just think, if she cannot dress, she should get help. That belt was a horror. Leave it off. Leave it at home. Hire someone to tell you that.

This is not rocket science. It's fashion! Even if she just mimicked the Queen, she would have avoided that outfit in the vineyard or not hiked through the vineyard. Or she could have made a personal choice and worn trainers and pants and a blowsy top and been more comfortable and not looked like she had no idea what to put on in that situation. She did a lot of that for the evening function.
Why not just ask for help?
__________________
  #384  
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,174
The first outfit is not to my taste, but I think that at this stage, the Duchess goes for comfort. This was probably something that she felt comfortable in, so she chose to wear it on an engagement. People forget that when a person is dressed in something he/she is not comfortable wearing for whatever reason, the performance of the task at hand will not be at the optimal level. I know that I do my best work when I'm dressed in clothing I can easily move around in, and get on the floor with the children if need be. Perhaps Camila just wanted to take it easy. Nothing wrong with that. The evening look is very nice, and no doubt comfortable as well.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #385  
Old 07-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,801
It's not to my taste, but that outfit looks just fine to me for tramping around in a vineyard.
__________________
  #386  
Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
It does not HAVE to be anything. But the truth is that we have seen Camilla in shoes with the leather worn off the heel back. We have seen her make simple wardrobe mistakes which, frankly, would have damaged someone in MY career, much less someone in a career at her level.

She has a job. If people in her career cannot speak in public, they get coaches. I just think, if she cannot dress, she should get help. That belt was a horror. Leave it off. Leave it at home. Hire someone to tell you that.

This is not rocket science. It's fashion! Even if she just mimicked the Queen, she would have avoided that outfit in the vineyard or not hiked through the vineyard. Or she could have made a personal choice and worn trainers and pants and a blowsy top and been more comfortable and not looked like she had no idea what to put on in that situation. She did a lot of that for the evening function.
Why not just ask for help?
Perhaps she did not ask for help because there were no reason to. She looked just fine. Besides it is not her "career". She is in it for life and is at it splendidly.
__________________
  #387  
Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
It's not to my taste, but that outfit looks just fine to me for tramping around in a vineyard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Perhaps she did not ask for help because there were no reason to. She looked just fine. Besides it is not her "career". She is in it for life and is at it splendidly.
I agree, it may not be the most chic ensemble going, but I thought it was just fine for the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Tonight was better and she wore floaty pants and a floaty top: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...65_306x531.jpg
The evening outfit has been used consistently for many years now, probably dating back to 2006 or 2007. Camilla usually tends to use it when visiting Asia and the M-E states, and occasionally, in the UK in the summer months. I am not a big fan, but it seems to work for her.
__________________
  #388  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:55 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,869
The new three scan be found here
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camillas evening dresses, camillas outfits, camillas style, duchess of cornwall's fashion, duchess of cornwall's fashion and style, duchess of cornwall's style


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 6: July 2013 - June 2014 dazzling Archives 402 06-14-2014 11:41 AM
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 7: November 2012 - March 2013 iceflower Archives 388 04-05-2013 05:17 AM
Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 6: July 2012 - November 2012 iceflower Archives 403 11-18-2012 03:40 AM
The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012 iceflower Archives 396 11-12-2012 10:00 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]