The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 5: November 2012 - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Smashing ! Somewhat better than yesterday.
Glad to see that the POW brooch is back as well.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/17...pTe/NmsBSOFwMmtnfVE4RzMDZRsX3a8VI2ZNRAhtviA==

Camilla looking lovely in green today, Day 2 at Ascot. I think the hat is from William and Catherine's wedding, whilst the rest of the ensemble has been seen earlier (in the Middle East?). Good to see the PoW brooch with the emerald in use.
POW stakes was today. Hence the brooch. Al Kazeem won.

And the Duchess got away without wearing her Royal Enclosure Badge as far as I could tell from the photos. ;)

I think Camila looks quite lovely. The shade of the coat is very pretty, and I simply love the hat.

The Duchess of Cornwall at a special gala performance of 'Strictly Confidential' in Oxford this evening, June 19, 2013, wearing the dress she has worn twice before this month, but for the first time without a coat and hat:

** Full view **

For the annual Garter Ceremony at Windsor Castle today, June 17, 2013, the Duchess of Cornwall has recyled the lovely outfit she had worn on June 6:

** Full view ** June 6 - Founder's Day Parade **

I like Camilla's hat, but I'm not too sure about her jacket. I'm not a fan of the white detail on the sleeves. Her top is OK and I also like her earrings.

I love the colour of her outfit, it's a very nice shade of green.

The Duchess of Cornwall at a special gala performance of 'Strictly Confidential' in Oxford this evening, June 19, 2013, wearing the dress she has worn twice before this month, but for the first time without a coat and hat:

** Full view **

I really like Camilla's dress and her shoes are nice too. :)

Last edited:

** Full view **

I love it!

The color of the dress is quite lovely, and suits the Duchess.

Camilla looked great today and wearing the Wales Brooch.

IMO a woman of her rank should not be seen in the same outfit more than once a month.

But Camilla refuses to follow these rules and insists on wearing the same clothes once a week or more.

The dress worn for the Strictly Confidential performance on June 19, 2013 in Oxford was worn just 2 days earlier for the Order of the Garter and on June 6th for the Founder’s Day Parade.

The outfit is pretty but 3 times in 2 weeks is way too much. :bang:
(I did like the way the dress moved.)

She has repeated the recycling of outfit within 2 days of a wearing on several occasions. Sometimes with or without the coat.

The green coat worn for day 2 of Ascot looks like it was made of scraps of material. Can’t they afford material by the yard? All her clothes of late seem to have been made of small pieces of material sewn, sometime badly, together.

I know there will be another mouth to feed but making clothes from scraps & wearing the same outfit every 2 days seem a bit harsh.

If she attends Ascot today, will we see the aqua outfit again?:lol:

IMO a woman of her rank should not be seen in the same outfit more than once a month.

But Camilla refuses to follow these rules and insists on wearing the same clothes once a week or more.

The dress worn for the Strictly Confidential performance on June 19, 2013 in Oxford was worn just 2 days earlier for the Order of the Garter and on June 6th for the Founder’s Day Parade.

She has repeated the recycling of outfit within 2 days of a wearing on several occasions. Sometimes with or without the coat.

The green coat worn for day 2 of Ascot looks like it was made of scraps of material. Can’t they afford material by the yard? All her clothes of late seem to have been made of small pieces of material sewn, sometime badly, together.

I know there will be another mouth to feed but making clothes from scraps & wearing the same outfit every 2 days seem a bit harsh.

I thought the dress looked lovely in Oxford. I agree it was a repeat, but with the coat, it was hardly visible on the previous occassions.

Also, the 2 times the dress and coat were worn were a few weeks apart, and the audience was totally different, so I think it is fine. Its hardly like she wore the same ensemble twice the same week.

The dress is a pretty color, but I dislike the two-toned shoes. They look too casual, somehow.

IMO a woman of her rank should not be seen in the same outfit more than once a mnth.

Your opening sentence states that in YOUR opinion a woman of rank etc., etc. well thats the point, its your opinion and it isnt shared by all women of rank. IMO its a ludicrous statement.

The longer I watch her the more I smile. She's not a clothes horse. Sometimes, it is as if she can't or won't be bothered. She wears clothes in which she is comfortable (looks it too, sometimes). She wears big hats I hate and won't listen to a darn thing I say about them :lol:. Good for her.

To be fair - The Duchess and I have approximately the same face shape and I went to one of those "What hat is right for you?" online sites. The test told me I should be wearing the DOC's huge hats. :ROFLMAO: Now I chuckle every time I see her in one.

I agree, her hats are not of my taste either so I ignore all her hats but this wearing the same dress more than once a week is one of my pet peeves.

She also wore the same outfit twice during the 1st week of her honeymoon. (This is why the repeat of a dress bothers me. It feels as if Charles is neglecting his wife. All the negative talk about how much he had spent on her yet none bothered to mention that his wife wore the same outfit twice during her honeymoon.)

Another time, she wore the dress with the coat & the very next day she wore the dress w/o the coat. (I did not follow the RF regularly nor do follow her every appearance so I'm sure there are multiple occasions when she has worn a repeat more than once a week.)

Even Princess Anne gives her clothes a rest. I don't think once a month is a reasonable amount to time between wears.

Is there any other female member of the RF, PAST or present who wears/wore the same outfits as often as Camilla?

I doubt it. We would have heard if someone of her rank repeated clothes as often. I think Camilla would wear different outfits if she had a larger budget.

Last edited:
Sometimes I can't remember from one day to the next what I wore two days earlier, so I'm in awe of people who can remember from one day to the next what other people wear. :lol:

I think Camilla would wear different outfits if she had a larger budget.

No i don't think so. She doesn't really care about her appearance and never did and the only thing she wants is to look appropriate for the "royal stuff". And she does.

As quoted in the following article :

‘Well, she doesn’t particularly like all the ceremonial stuff — I mean who could enjoy getting toffed-up in all that stuff at 11 o’clock in the morning — but she’s decided to just get on with it.’

No wonder she's smiling: As Camilla takes centre stage with the husband she's lifted from gloomy introspection, will she soon be queen in all but name | Mail Online

It's not a question of budget, as she has access to the best designers ( Oldfield, Westwood ...), it's a question of character : she's incredibly down to earth and all the sartorial stuff is clearly not a priority.

I do believe she cares about how she looks. She just doesn't obsess.

I am not asking for expensive clothes. Just a few dresses more. They can bought from the catalog. They can be the same simple dress in different colors.

She already has the same clothes/hats in different colors. What is a few more dresses. (She can repeat the hats, shoes & boots as often as she wants I don't care. (Okay maybe not the boots.) But the dresses worn daily or 2 days later make me wonder why.

One or two new outfits for each overseas trip, isn't much too ask.

Her selection of clothes for her 1st solo overseas visit was a disappointment as they were all repeats.

I do believe she cares about how she looks. She just doesn't obsess. But the dresses worn daily or 2 days later make me wonder why. Her selection of clothes for her 1st solo overseas visit was a disappointment as they were all repeats.

I think she is filling the role she sees fit to fill. She is married to a man that prefers the the limelight be on him. New dresses put the spotlight on her and I think she knows this is not a good thing for the relationship. And there is the inevitable backlash about how much money is being spent on frocks to worry about. You may like to see new things all the time, but there is not much stomach for the cost of that in overall public opinion.

I also think, as the men often wear the same suit more than once a week, that what is good for the gander is good for the goose. That's my opinion. And I realize that it may look like Anne is wearing new things - but I doubt she has ever gotten rid of a single outfit and you can place most of her suits firmly in another decade - beyond our memory. In that way, I think Anne and the DOCornwall are very similar.

I'm not asking for expensive clothes just a few new ones. They can be $10 dresses. When the season end they sell the clothes for less than $5.

Today - NO, just NO! A Little House on the Prairie print done two ways with ruffles on a day dress is not a good choice. Even for a vineyard. Heck - wear floaty pants and a floaty top and it would have been an improvement for the venue.

Adding that 1970s sagging hippie belt is not a good look. Given the choice of undergarments = NEVER CHOOSE SAGGING LINES OR ACCESSORIES.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/09/article-0-1ABBD572000005DC-936_634x1093.jpg

Please, start asking anyone honest for a check before you walk out the door.

I get it that the DOC is not a clothes horse and I try very hard to be supportive, but today just crushed my spirit.

Tonight was better and she wore floaty pants and a floaty top: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/09/article-2359070-1ABC8500000005DC-365_306x531.jpg

Why does it have to be all about what is worn ? The Duchess is 66 years old, of course she is not a "clothes horse", her job is to support her husband which, IMO , she does admirably (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not HAVE to be anything. But the truth is that we have seen Camilla in shoes with the leather worn off the heel back. We have seen her make simple wardrobe mistakes which, frankly, would have damaged someone in MY career, much less someone in a career at her level.

She has a job. If people in her career cannot speak in public, they get coaches. I just think, if she cannot dress, she should get help. That belt was a horror. Leave it off. Leave it at home. Hire someone to tell you that.

This is not rocket science. It's fashion! Even if she just mimicked the Queen, she would have avoided that outfit in the vineyard or not hiked through the vineyard. Or she could have made a personal choice and worn trainers and pants and a blowsy top and been more comfortable and not looked like she had no idea what to put on in that situation. She did a lot of that for the evening function.
Why not just ask for help?

The first outfit is not to my taste, but I think that at this stage, the Duchess goes for comfort. This was probably something that she felt comfortable in, so she chose to wear it on an engagement. People forget that when a person is dressed in something he/she is not comfortable wearing for whatever reason, the performance of the task at hand will not be at the optimal level. I know that I do my best work when I'm dressed in clothing I can easily move around in, and get on the floor with the children if need be. Perhaps Camila just wanted to take it easy. Nothing wrong with that. The evening look is very nice, and no doubt comfortable as well.

It's not to my taste, but that outfit looks just fine to me for tramping around in a vineyard.

It does not HAVE to be anything. But the truth is that we have seen Camilla in shoes with the leather worn off the heel back. We have seen her make simple wardrobe mistakes which, frankly, would have damaged someone in MY career, much less someone in a career at her level.

She has a job. If people in her career cannot speak in public, they get coaches. I just think, if she cannot dress, she should get help. That belt was a horror. Leave it off. Leave it at home. Hire someone to tell you that.

This is not rocket science. It's fashion! Even if she just mimicked the Queen, she would have avoided that outfit in the vineyard or not hiked through the vineyard. Or she could have made a personal choice and worn trainers and pants and a blowsy top and been more comfortable and not looked like she had no idea what to put on in that situation. She did a lot of that for the evening function.
Why not just ask for help?
Perhaps she did not ask for help because there were no reason to. She looked just fine. Besides it is not her "career". She is in it for life and is at it splendidly.

It's not to my taste, but that outfit looks just fine to me for tramping around in a vineyard.

Perhaps she did not ask for help because there were no reason to. She looked just fine. Besides it is not her "career". She is in it for life and is at it splendidly.

I agree, it may not be the most chic ensemble going, but I thought it was just fine for the event.

The evening outfit has been used consistently for many years now, probably dating back to 2006 or 2007. Camilla usually tends to use it when visiting Asia and the M-E states, and occasionally, in the UK in the summer months. I am not a big fan, but it seems to work for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom