The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Serene Highness

This is a beige version of the faithfull blue polka dot dress worn several time by the duchess. I was quite tired by this last one so this new version is very welcome !

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Prince Of Wales Annual Tour Of Wales - Day One - Zimbio

Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

At least this beige version appears to fit her well. The color suits her, as well.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look at the difference. In the blue outfit the jacket is does not fit. Too tight. The beige is lovely, I thought it was gold.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla Parker Bowles Pictures - Camilla Parker Bowles Attends First Solo Overseas Engagement - Zimbio

Camilla at the Evening Reception. I think this is a repeat from Trooping the Colour (2011 or 2012)

She looks very elegant I think. This makes (for me) 4 great looks in a row.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

It's a repeat from the diamond jubilee concert too.
A nice ensemble : not too fussy for an informal evening reception.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't like it at all. Also, not well fitted, as the afternoon outfit was great and she looked trimmer, because properly fitted clothes make you look slimmer.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Twice in one day - scarf hanging out on the left hand side? Is this just an irritating tendency that I have not noticed till now? Please let your helper hold this.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...c3pS_sKQ2l.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...CTR48LI7Pl.jpg
Old 05-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Twice in one day - scarf hanging out on the left hand side? Is this just an irritating tendency that I have not noticed till now? Please let your helper hold this.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...c3pS_sKQ2l.jpg

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...CTR48LI7Pl.jpg
I don't think it's a scarf, I think it's intentional to make the output blend.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I love both outfits but that scarf effect erupting from the pockets is such an odd look.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Majesty

I love the blue outfit, but as others pointed out, the hang-y thing from the pocket just looks odd.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Not a fan of either outfit, but I do love the color of the blue outfit. That shade of blue looks really good on her.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Serene Highness

She needs some serious underpinnings. Um, gravity catches up with all of us.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sigh. Today at Dior atelier, the cream pintuck front dress. Has it always had dark cuffs and hem? Edit - yes it has (http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...b_HLZ_afSx.jpg)

http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/R...y_2575077a.jpg

And with the Mona Lisa - this is just too cute (no comment on the coat) http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...se9SeWYZ2x.jpg
Old 05-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anything fit her correctly? *sigh*
Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Does anything fit her correctly? *sigh*
maybe she was at dior to organize a private fitting? one would love to know what she was discussng with the Dior rep; perhaps the challenges of a fuller figure and what Dior could do to help? btw, the grey jacket behind la duchesse is to die for, no?
Old 05-30-2013, 12:34 PM
Nobility

I think the Duchess looked very nice.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
She needs some serious underpinnings. Um, gravity catches up with all of us.
Also, the posture doesnt help. Stand up straight and she will be taller and look less bulky.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
... [snipped] And with the Mona Lisa - this is just too cute (no comment on the coat) http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...se9SeWYZ2x.jpg
I liked the trench coat and the pearl choker. The overall impression is unpolished. Well ... some of the British ladies, even with money, totally lack refined elegance and grace the Japanese women possess.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look she needs good underwear, most people notice, but she is a haphazard dresser, at best, some things when fitted properly look fine, other like that dress look awful. I am 71 and my mother who out dresses the duchess many times over is 98. Having a good foundation helps a lot, having taste in clothes in an asset to, her slouch, unfortunately is how she stands, Queen Mary stood ramrod straight, but Camilla slouches. She need someone to pick styles that make her look more together, like her blazer and dress in the beige (Gold). She looked nice. That blue outfit looked like old lady without underwear. The trench coat is fine, I assume it was raining or she is a spy. It, really, doesn't matter, except she is representing a nation. And, by the way 65 is not old any more.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Also, the posture doesnt help. Stand up straight and she will be taller and look less bulky.
When one is well-endowed, shall we say, on the top, standing up straight is very, very difficult. I'm speaking from experience, and therefore, can sympathize with Her Highness. It's not easy to carry all that weight around, so please, cut the woman some slack. I'm sure she tries the best that she can. It's not easy to find proper undergarments for those of us who are top heavy.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camillas evening dresses, camillas outfits, camillas style, duchess of cornwall's fashion, duchess of cornwall's fashion and style, duchess of cornwall's style