The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for the Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I thought I had double vision when I saw Camilla's hat. I don't think I care for the discus-like protrusion from the hat and it's just too busy against that repeat of the coat she wore before. Just too many stripes!

Thank you! I went back and looked more carefully and saw Sophie behind her. That flying saucer sure gets around! Your picture shows a better look for Camilla and I like her hat better, but still dislike the striped coat.

I don't think Camilla would want to claim that one!

I don't mind this navy coat dress. I like the shape of it, and I've always had a soft spot for the colour navy. If there was another stripe I would agree that it's too much, but it works for me.

Right, Camilla's taste in hats runs more toward the old-fashioned type with frills and furbelows rather than the modern architectural look, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Love the combination of the hat and the dress; very coordinated.
I am somewhat tired of this particular dress though; Camilla has worn it quite a lot lately.

I am somewhat tired of this particular dress though; Camilla has worn it quite a lot lately.

I agree, she's worn this dress or dresses very similar alot in recent appearance. She look nice, which is she wears it alot, she needs to switch it up in color at least.

Hate the black and white outfit!

The stripes on the coat ruin it for me. I don't have an issue with the hat though.

Agreed. The hat makes the dress an ensemble, rather than just a bi-color dress. She looks great!

If I recollect correctly, the navy blue and white Bruce Oldfield coat / coat dress has only been worn twice, once at F&M and then again at Windsor.

If I recollect correctly, the navy blue and white Bruce Oldfield coat / coat dress has only been worn twice, once at F&M and then again at Windsor.

The dress has been worn fair few times.
- The first time (that I know of) was back in 2008 in France, for a private banquet with the Nicola Sarkozy and Carla Bruni.
- It's next appearance was in 2009, when Camilla, along with other members of the Royal Family, unveiled a statue of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
- On September 7, 2011 Camilla wore the dress for the opening of the Wool Modern exhibition to mark Wool Week 2011, accompanied by Prince Charles.
- The dress re-appeared shortly afterwards, at the War Horse: Fact and Fiction exhibition at the National Army Museum on October 19, 2011.
- Camilla wore it again for a visit to The Prince's Foundation For Children And the Arts with Prince Charles and Kate on March 15, 2012.
- And of course, during the Scandinavia visit: during a visit to the British International Primary School in Sweden, and for official lunch with the Swedish Royal Family.

I've been doing a bit of research on Camilla lately; might have missed a couple of appearances because I'd been researching her jewellery, not outfits. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:
My fault, thanks for clarifying, Nico! :flowers:
I viewed the older pictures of Camilla in a navy dress (hence my subsequent post), while completely forgetting she wore the navy coat with stripes for that outing.

Mmmm i'm sorry to say that but it seems there's a confusion btw TWO outfits :

-The navy dress, worn almost every weeks by Camilla :
The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Sweden - Day Two - Pictures - Zimbio

-And the navy coat dress by Bruce Oldfield, indeed worn only once before Windsor (and better with the hat IMO).
Kate Middleton, the Queen Visit Fortnum & Mason 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

:previous:
My fault, thanks for clarifying, Nico! :flowers:
I viewed the older pictures of Camilla in a navy dress (hence my subsequent post), while completely forgetting she wore the navy coat with stripes for that outing.

Oh well, Camilla has always been a fan of blue, and has a few blue and white outfits.

I like to see Camilla in navy blue and white, although I thought the multi-striped coat was a bit OTT for me. It did look better paired with her marvelous hat for the memorial service, though.

I typically like what she wears, but I'd love to see her with some better foundation wear. ;)

I feel like Camilla could use the services of a seamstress that understands fitting and the use of darts, etc. As a long time seamstress I cringe everytime I see ill fitted clothing.

:previous: She needs to throw back those shoulders, too. Pilates would help. :p (But its all in the bra! ;) )

I like the coat but the brown boots don't match the outfit at all, I'm afraid.

For a visit to Aberdeen today, the Duchess of Cornwall wore a lovely tartan suit.
- The outfit
- Close up

Just as for the official visit to Sweden, the Duchess is wearing the noblest of Royal Tartans - the Balmoral Tartan.
The Balmoral Tartan was designed by Prince Albert, The Prince Consort back in 1850's. The overall grey look with over-checks of red and black was meant to achieve the appearance of rough granite. The Balmoral Tartan can be worn by the Queen and other members of the Royal Family - but only with the Queen's permission.

Pictures originally posted by iceflower in the Duchess of Cornwall Patronages thread.

Last edited:
I really like this particular tartan on Camila. The blend of colors are complimentary and suit her very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom