The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for the Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!

Old 03-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

Looking very good today at Windsor :

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/mSOys...en/bBDuRWsraPu

Odly this Bruce Oldfield coat works better with a hat.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought I had double vision when I saw Camilla's hat. I don't think I care for the discus-like protrusion from the hat and it's just too busy against that repeat of the coat she wore before. Just too many stripes!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I thought I had double vision when I saw Camilla's hat. I don't think I care for the discus-like protrusion from the hat and it's just too busy against that repeat of the coat she wore before. Just too many stripes!
I think the discus-like protrusion is actually Sophie's hat! I had the exact same thought when I 1st saw that picture!

No protrusion here:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/mSOys...en/7qHL4ReH8aP
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you! I went back and looked more carefully and saw Sophie behind her. That flying saucer sure gets around! Your picture shows a better look for Camilla and I like her hat better, but still dislike the striped coat.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think Camilla would want to claim that one!

I don't mind this navy coat dress. I like the shape of it, and I've always had a soft spot for the colour navy. If there was another stripe I would agree that it's too much, but it works for me.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Right, Camilla's taste in hats runs more toward the old-fashioned type with frills and furbelows rather than the modern architectural look, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Love the combination of the hat and the dress; very coordinated.
I am somewhat tired of this particular dress though; Camilla has worn it quite a lot lately.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I am somewhat tired of this particular dress though; Camilla has worn it quite a lot lately.

I agree, she's worn this dress or dresses very similar alot in recent appearance. She look nice, which is she wears it alot, she needs to switch it up in color at least.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Hate the black and white outfit!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Majesty

The stripes on the coat ruin it for me. I don't have an issue with the hat though.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Hate the black and white outfit!
Its navy blue & white.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Agreed. The hat makes the dress an ensemble, rather than just a bi-color dress. She looks great!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If I recollect correctly, the navy blue and white Bruce Oldfield coat / coat dress has only been worn twice, once at F&M and then again at Windsor.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
If I recollect correctly, the navy blue and white Bruce Oldfield coat / coat dress has only been worn twice, once at F&M and then again at Windsor.
The dress has been worn fair few times.
- The first time (that I know of) was back in 2008 in France, for a private banquet with the Nicola Sarkozy and Carla Bruni.
- It's next appearance was in 2009, when Camilla, along with other members of the Royal Family, unveiled a statue of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
- On September 7, 2011 Camilla wore the dress for the opening of the Wool Modern exhibition to mark Wool Week 2011, accompanied by Prince Charles.
- The dress re-appeared shortly afterwards, at the War Horse: Fact and Fiction exhibition at the National Army Museum on October 19, 2011.
- Camilla wore it again for a visit to The Prince's Foundation For Children And the Arts with Prince Charles and Kate on March 15, 2012.
- And of course, during the Scandinavia visit: during a visit to the British International Primary School in Sweden, and for official lunch with the Swedish Royal Family.

I've been doing a bit of research on Camilla lately; might have missed a couple of appearances because I'd been researching her jewellery, not outfits.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Serene Highness

Mmmm i'm sorry to say that but it seems there's a confusion btw TWO outfits :

-The navy dress, worn almost every weeks by Camilla :
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/ohMMd...en/Nf0ERCHEz_i

-And the navy coat dress by Bruce Oldfield, indeed worn only once before Windsor (and better with the hat IMO).
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/YrQJR...+2/09ieqe7HWyH
Old 04-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

My fault, thanks for clarifying, Nico!
I viewed the older pictures of Camilla in a navy dress (hence my subsequent post), while completely forgetting she wore the navy coat with stripes for that outing.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Mmmm i'm sorry to say that but it seems there's a confusion btw TWO outfits :

-The navy dress, worn almost every weeks by Camilla :
The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Sweden - Day Two - Pictures - Zimbio

-And the navy coat dress by Bruce Oldfield, indeed worn only once before Windsor (and better with the hat IMO).
Kate Middleton, the Queen Visit Fortnum & Mason 2 - Pictures - Zimbio
Quote:

My fault, thanks for clarifying, Nico!
I viewed the older pictures of Camilla in a navy dress (hence my subsequent post), while completely forgetting she wore the navy coat with stripes for that outing.
Oh well, Camilla has always been a fan of blue, and has a few blue and white outfits.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I like to see Camilla in navy blue and white, although I thought the multi-striped coat was a bit OTT for me. It did look better paired with her marvelous hat for the memorial service, though.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

I typically like what she wears, but I'd love to see her with some better foundation wear.

Tags
camilla, camillas fashion, duchess of cornwall's fashion