The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm puzzled on this one. Can't say it's a bad outfit as it's well fitted but something with the top just doesn't work.

Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Unveil The Bomber Command Memorial - Pictures - Zimbio

Well and i'm maybe one the few to love the hat ...

I like the hat also, and I agree about the top, maybe it needs a jacket of some kind.

I do like the hat, I think it lifts the outfit coniderably.

Anybody noticed that Camilla had a new watch on.

What's up with her hems

I have been admiring the DOC much more of late, but want to know what is the problem that she (or her staff) can't get the hems right. Yesterday at Wimbledon, the hem was all up and down. Today at Tom's book signing the hem is all - well, look at it...
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/28/article-2165883-13D25186000005DC-764_634x683.jpg

She's large busted and that makes getting a straight hem difficult, but today was not that problem.

Todays outfit didn't work for me at all nor was it flattering. Th outfit IMO is not an outfit that you could match such a hat with. The top part, the line going across was no necessary, it made her bust area look all weird.

I don't like the seam across the bust and the top does fit oddly. The color is fine for the summer season. But I love her feather-duster hat and her pearl choker; it's so Camilla! I thought that was a new watch, too.

As she has no bearing and slouches all the time, this outfit looks like she hadn't taken off her bedclothes. She can look much better and has.

I hate the dress, especially the seam.
And while I think the hat is gorgeous, it doesn't go well with the dress (which is too understated).

The hat looks like it was made for another outfit it doesn't go at all with what she is wearing. I think she needs to stay away from those sleaves and that colour too. i think she looks frumpy here and could do so much better.

I don't like the seam across the bust and the top does fit oddly. The color is fine for the summer season. But I love her feather-duster hat and her pearl choker; it's so Camilla! I thought that was a new watch, too.

Yes, the hat and chocker are my favorite elements of Camila's look. Not too crazy about the dress though. Like you, I think the seam and the fit of the top are not doing it any favors.

The Duchess of Cornwall in grey during a visit to Heartlands Community Regeneration Project in Truro on July 2, 2012.

I like the scarf and I like the female suit, but I think it doesn't fit for July even on a rainy day (which it was) - the look is too wintry.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

The Duchess of Cornwall in grey during a visit to Heartlands Community Regeneration Project in Truro on July 2, 2012.

I like the scarf and I like the female suit, but I think it doesn't fit for July even on a rainy day (which it was) - the look is too wintry.

Two observations. Firstly, it has been really cold in the UK, most of us can hardly believe it is July. Secondly, it does appear to be a summer suit in a light fabric.

I liked the scarf and grey colour of the suit. The suit is poorly tailored.

If her top had been a color - any color - or white, I think it would have negated that "wintry" look.

I like the color combination that Camila chose, even if it was a bit dreary and wintery. The scarf was a nice touch.

The hat looks like it was made for another outfit ...

It was indeed, and Camilla has worn this hat with a variety of outfits for he last 5-6 years.

To be honest, although it's summer we've had no summery weather in the UK. It's been the wettest June ever and July has started in the same vein. Camilla's suit is pretty appropriate.

For me, what sticks out like a sore thumb are her brown shoes with the gray and black. That's just a bad combination. If it's that cold in the UK, I don't blame her for wearing a winter-like suit; it's just too bad that the jacket seems a bit snug.

If it's that cold in the UK, I don't blame her for wearing a winter-like suit; it's just too bad that the jacket seems a bit snug.

Perhaps she just read the comments on TRF and the calls for her to not wear loose clothes, and instead wear fitted suits! :)

:previous:Poor lady, if that's true, she just can't win!;) But she does look better in more form-fitting clothes, but not too snug.

Last edited:
Perhaps she just read the comments on TRF and the calls for her to not wear loose clothes, and instead wear fitted suits!

She should wear fitted suits,and fitted dresses, she looks amazing when she does. I'll repeat she has a nice figure, why not show it off.

Wearing clothes that fit well, make you look better. The earlier picture with the ill fitting jacket and the shoes that didn't go at all, makes her look frumpy. The light blue suit, is still uninteresting, but fits better.

Those brown shoes must be very comfortable for Camila, because she's wearing them again with the blue suit. I love the shade of blue on the Duchess, and when she has her coat on, the shoes compliment it quite well.

I like the fit of the blue suit and color, but love the expression on her face with the dog on the couch. It looks like she thinks it poached her spot!:lol:

I like the fit of the blue suit and color, but love the expression on her face with the dog on the couch. It looks like she thinks it poached her spot!:lol:

I just got a picture in my head of Camila telling the dog to scoot over :D :lol:.

The Duchess of Cornwall in Newquay on July 4, 2012, wearing a skirt and a jacket - I like that soft combination of white and beige:

** Full view ** Close up **

Really like the outfit.
The combination of beige and white works well for Camilla. AND she's wearing a brooch, so all boxes checked in my "perfect royal" guidebook.

She looks frumpy though. I don't think the style of the top suits her.

LaRae

Really like the outfit.
The combination of beige and white works well for Camilla. AND she's wearing a brooch, so all boxes checked in my "perfect royal" guidebook.

I agree, the ensemble really works for her. She has had this outfit for 5-6 years, and uses it extensively.

She looks frumpy though.

LaRae

Women in their mid/late 60s tend to! :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
The queen doesn't ever look frumpy and she's well over 60!

Camilla needs some color too, the beige does nothing for her.

LaRae

I have a friend in her mid-60s who definitely doesn't look frumpy at all in her style and clothing; I can only hope to look like her reaching that age. This is an OK look for Camilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom