The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her suit is really nice. Love the tartan print

Thanks for posting the history of the Balmoral tartan and fashion, I did bot know Prince Albert was responsible for designing it!

The Duchess of Cornwall at "The London Library Life in Literature Award 2012" in London, May 1st, looking good and elegant in black/dark blue:
** Full view with a jacket ** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Camilla looks lovely.
The top and the skirt do appear to be a bit mismatched colour wise, but the overall look is quite pleasant. The choker is beautiful.

As Honorary Air Commodore, RAF Halton, the Duchess of Cornwall received the Freedom of Thame on behalf of RAF Halton today, May 2nd, 2012.
Camilla wore a lovely blue coat combining it with matching hat and a scarf, as well as her regiment's wings (the pin).
Love the hat; it's quite quirky and not at all like the usual hats Camilla wears.

- Overall look
- Side view
- Close up
- The hat

Pictures originally posted by iceflower in current events thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like the outfit, especially the hat; and its Airforce Blue - fantastic!

A beanie fascinator, it does look good on her though I have somewhat mixed feelings about it. But I love the blue outfit and the scarf.

Last edited:
I really like the black outfit except the bottom of the skirt.

I like the blue outfit too. Especially the crazy hat. However the scarf just looks misplaced.

I like the black and the blue outfit on Camila. The grey-blue coat is lovely, and the hat is...interesting. The light scarf gives very nice contrast too. It stands out, and gives the look some pizzaz.

As Honorary Air Commodore, RAF Halton, the Duchess of Cornwall received the Freedom of Theme on behalf of RAF Halton today, May 2nd, 2012.
Camilla wore a lovely blue coat combining it with matching hat and a scarf, as well as her regiment's wings (the pin).
Love the hat; it's quite quirky and not at all like the usual hats Camilla wears.

- Overall look
- Side view
- Close up
- The hat

Pictures originally posted by iceflower in current events thread.
I think she looks fabulous in Air force Blues. I say blues because the uniform has several shades and Camilla has used them in the coat scarf and especially that magnificent hat!

It never ceases to amaze me the way she uses scarves and this scarf is very interesting with its almost floral theme juxtaposed with the geometric blue and white. In this case I love that she is all woman and leaves space at the neck to showcase her newest diamond and pearl choker offset, of course, by her favourite pearl earrings all highlighted brilliantly in the close-up of The Hat.

The dress has been worn fair few times.
- The first time (that I know of) was back in 2008 in France, for a private banquet with the Nicola Sarkozy and Carla Bruni.
- It's next appearance was in 2009, when Camilla, along with other members of the Royal Family, unveiled a statue of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
- On September 7, 2011 Camilla wore the dress for the opening of the Wool Modern exhibition to mark Wool Week 2011, accompanied by Prince Charles.
- The dress re-appeared shortly afterwards, at the War Horse: Fact and Fiction exhibition at the National Army Museum on October 19, 2011.
- Camilla wore it again for a visit to The Prince's Foundation For Children And the Arts with Prince Charles and Kate on March 15, 2012.
- And of course, during the Scandinavia visit: during a visit to the British International Primary School in Sweden, and for official lunch with the Swedish Royal Family.

I've been doing a bit of research on Camilla lately; might have missed a couple of appearances because I'd been researching her jewellery, not outfits. :)

ROYAL RECYCLING - Like

I think she looks fabulous in Air force Blues. I say blues because the uniform has several shades and Camilla has used them in the coat scarf and especially that magnificent hat!

It never ceases to amaze me the way she uses scarves and this scarf is very interesting with its almost floral theme juxtaposed with the geometric blue and white. In this case I love that she is all woman and leaves space at the neck to showcase her newest diamond and pearl choker offset, of course, by her favourite pearl earrings all highlighted brilliantly in the close-up of The Hat.

Fuly agree with you. All of these bits have been used previously, and I love the way Camilla is not afraid to mix and match, depending on the occassion.

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay are currently in Scotland.
Today, Camilla attended a service at the Rosslyn Chapel wearing one of her favourite coats; the tartan of the coat is the Balmoral Tartan.

- The whole look
- Close up 1
- Close up 2

The only thing I dislike is the tartan on the flops of the pockets. Otherwise, she looks nice. The cut of the coat is very flattering on her.

The only thing I dislike is the tartan on the flops of the pockets. Otherwise, she looks nice. The cut of the coat is very flattering on her.

I think the coat looks lovely. The maroon top with the ensemble, though not visible in the pictures but seen in Sweden, is really not to my taste.

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay today took a royal salute from Armed Forces and Royal British Legion members.
Camilla wore a lovely pink coat with tartan motives, and a gorgeous red beret. I really liked the whole ensemble; Camilla looks very nice. :)
- The whole look
- Close up

Last edited:
I think if this picture was in B&W I would be quite enamored with the look- the styling is elegant and flattering. However, I dont care for the fuschia, plaid, maroon color combination. I think the plaid is a little off to tie those colors together - but maybe it is just the way they photograph together.

However Camilla is also the one who mixes brown and black accessories all the time which drives me crazy

I think if she eliminated the scarf, the outfit would have looked less busy with all the tartan details on the collar, buttons, pockets and cuffs. But I do like the fuschia coat and cranberry beret; close enough in the color wheel to complement each other.

Baroness of Books said:
I think if she eliminated the scarf, the outfit would have looked less busy with all the tartan details on the collar, buttons, pockets and cuffs. But I do like the fuschia coat and cranberry beret; close enough in the color wheel to complement each other.

I agree she would look "smarter" without the tartan - but bless her, she deserves credit for trying hard - I'm sure the Scots will have appreciated her efforts.

I totally agree with you, Baroness. She could also lose the feather in the beret as it just adds to all the confusion going on! Other than that I think she looks quite nice.. :)

:previous:Absolutely; there's nothing like the recognition factor, but it can be worn in moderation.

Last edited:
I don't dislike any of the elements here, but I hope Camilla doesn't wear tartan on every engagement in Scotland. It's a nice nod to the locals every so often, but you can only do so much with it. Tartan needs to be rationed to a certain extent.

She can look lovely and she can look jumbled, today she looks jumbled. The hat doesn't go with the coat, black and brown and plaid, yuck!!!

:previous: I have to admit that I don't really like the "little" hats too much. Camilla looks great in something with a brim and I'd like to see her wearing them more often.

I really like the coat. The color and style look lovely on her. The feather in the hat is not doing her service (and the hat itself is not to my liking either).

I agree she would look "smarter" without the tartan - but bless her, she deserves credit for trying hard - I'm sure the Scots will have appreciated her efforts.
I certainly hope the Scots appreciated this (was she actually in Scotland?) and wonder whether she is wearing the Rothesay tartan as we are told ad nauseam that she is Duchess of Rothesay when in Scotland:bang:

:previous:
Camilla is indeed wearing The Duke of Rothesay tartan.
It is predominantly red and green with over-check of white. It can only be worn by the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay, and by their immediate family members with the Duke's permission. The Duke of Rothesay has the same colours as the Royal Stewart Tartan; the styles, however, are quite different.

Last edited:
The Duchess attended Queen Katherine Parr Quincentenary Festival today wearing a blue suit.
- Full view
- Close up

Looks lovely, but I think an addition of a brooch would not go amiss.

Last edited:
Camilla looks lovely. The suit has been around for some time, and was used last year at the Royal Windosr Horse Show when HRH and HM appeared together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom