The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
This is one of my favourite outfits for the Duchess - the style suits her and the print isn't too overwhelming.

Not too keen on the hat for the racing event though. I'm trying to picture the size of the hat box used to transport it in
Elly - I thought I was the only one who ever thought about those big hat boxes in transit! I suppose because I used to travel so much for business and lug the printed materials, the laptop, occasionally the golf clubs or tennis racquet - I know what a drag all the extra baggage can be. I wonder if the royals use UPS/FedEx to ship things ahead the way I used to

Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

This is so funny - these adorable little girls are giving Camilla flowers, and she is saying (I am sure), "Oh and I have a dress just like yours only it is long sleeved and navy blue - and everyone is so tired of seeing me wear it!"

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...zc-c0JQWNl.jpg

Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 PM
Majesty

THis is a great look. Camila looks very elegant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This is so funny - these adorable little girls are giving Camilla flowers, and she is saying (I am sure), "Oh and I have a dress just like yours only it is long sleeved and navy blue - and everyone is so tired of seeing me wear it!"

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...zc-c0JQWNl.jpg
It would be funny if she actually said that . That dress is indeed getting extremely old. However, what she's wearing in the photo is quite lovely.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
THis is a great look. Camila looks very elegant.

Fully agree with you, she looks lovely.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

The Duchess seems to have found, at last, what really suits her with the simple dress/ fitted jacket combination :

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 4 - Zimbio

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 3 - Zimbio

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 3 - Zimbio
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone recognize the day 4 dress from an earlier outing? I'd like to see what the top looks like without the jacket. It seems to be a patterned fabric on top?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles Pictures - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 5 - Zimbio

Camilla looking lovely in white today in Sydney

Also, a lovely beige dress for the reception

Prince Charles Pictures - The Prince Of Wales And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Australia - Day 5 - Zimbio
Old 11-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

I like both the colour and the beading of the reception dress - the colour suits her complexion. I must say Camilla has chosen dresses for this tour which are flattering to her figure and appear to be comfortable to wear. I know she has many variations of pearl necklaces/chokers but I would now like to see a very different choice for an evening event.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I just saw a clip on Sky and it looks more like a muted peachy apricot. Really lovely and isn't Charles just the perfect husband with a steady hand to help her alight from the tender whilst clutching her very elegant shoes in his other hand. What a gent!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Majesty

Lovely, plain and simple.

I love the second dress, but not the first.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Loved both her dresses today. She looked very nice. Also loved Charles holding her shoes as she was stepping down. What a gentleman.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Love the dress! And what a gent Charles is!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

The top half a nightgown, the bottom half a costume fit for Pocahonta's Granny on a musical stage:
The shapeless creation chosen by The Duchess of Cornwall in Auckland last night must be one of the worst evening dresses she has ever worn.

Full view:
http://s12.postimage.org/l0e5er4cd/C...ess_L6_FDI.jpg

Back view:
http://s18.postimage.org/d3yv2cvmh/back.jpg
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Gentry

Tragic front! Like synthetic curtains sewed togeter and including a short bead curtain. The cape is nice and goes well with her hair. But that dress.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

Oh Camilla i heart you but i fear this one is a big no no ...
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Oh Camilla i heart you but i fear this one is a big no no ...
On the other hand, she had plenty of room to fit in her meal! And she is wearing the serpent necklace.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!

Tags
camilla, camillas fashion, duchess of cornwall's fashion