The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with all of you on the descriptions of the dress... Way too severe and prim and proper. It is almost Spring and it is time to get rid of the dark tights!!

The blue dress looks good from a distance, but up close I do not like the vertical lines down the front of the chest. I also feel she shouldn't have worn black tights.

Camilla wore a blue dress for the visit to The Dulwich Picture Gallery on March 15, 2012 in London, England. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales introduced Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge to the work of The Prince's Foundation for Children and The Arts.

I really dislike this dress; it looks too strict for my taste. The bag just doesn't go with the dress. Nice pearls though.
No, no, a thousand times no!:ermm: Way too old fashioned, dull and depressing!

The dress actually doesn't look as bad as I feared, at least judging by this picture.
Still, definitely not one of Camilla's best looks. I think she played it a bit too safe this time.

I'm fine with the dress. In fact, I wonder if its sedate aspect was intentional - to let Kate shine - or not 'try' (doubt she would anyway) to compete with Kate. She has down-dressed so deliberately, it seems, that she makes the fashion focus Kate. It'd be fascinating to know how these Royal women are deciding their colors when they arrive 'in bunches' at a function. :D

I wonder if its sedate aspect was intentional - to let Kate shine - or not 'try' (doubt she would anyway) to compete with Kate. She has down-dressed so deliberately, it seems, that she makes the fashion focus Kate. It'd be fascinating to know how these Royal women are deciding their colors when they arrive 'in bunches' at a function. :D

Well that's very considerate and unselfish of Camilla then. She seems the type that doesn't need to be the center of attention and have her picture in the press.

I'm fine with the dress. In fact, I wonder if its sedate aspect was intentional - to let Kate shine - or not 'try' (doubt she would anyway) to compete with Kate. She has down-dressed so deliberately, it seems, that she makes the fashion focus Kate.

I agree that the dress is okay but not with those dark stocking. The bag she is carrying looks like it is in bad shape... not so good. I doubt her fashion statement vs. Kate is in any way deliberate.

Last edited:
The bag she is carrying looks like it is in bad shape... not so good.

I think Camilla is tired. The bag does look tried and true - goes along with the brown fur-trimmed hat she wore a day or two ago. I love her hats but that one looked like one that was hanging on the hook by the door - handiest one to put on. When you're in this role with such public visibility - what does one do when one is tired - or maybe a bit under-the-weather?

The blue dress per se isn't that bad, it is Camilla herself that looks tired and not at her best, IMO.

I think Camilla's fashion style is dissimilar from Kate's so there's no need for her to intentionally dress down. There are some days where she can be just off with her look.

She could very well be tired or under the weather. She also seems like she doesn't need to be the center of attention. Even if they have dissimilar styles one could still purposelly dress down. I think Mary did this too when Kate & William visited Denmark.

The Duchess of Cornwall wore a nice ensemble on the first day of visit to Norway. She paired the grey coat with black shoes, dark blue hat and a beautiful brooch.
A very nice look, if a bit sombre. However, given that she was to attend a wreath-laying ceremony at the National Monument at Akershus Fortres, it was quite appropriate.

Last edited:
Camilla looks fab today. The hat is especially nice.

:previous:
I love the way she combined the hat with sapphire brooch. Really very subtle and elegant.

Last edited:
Lovely indeed. Camilla knows how to wear purple like no one else.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cornwall wore a nice ensemble on the first day of visit to Norway. She paired the grey coat with black shoes, dark blue hat and a beautiful brooch.
A very nice look, if a bit sombre. However, given that she was too attend a wreath-laying ceremony at the National Monument at Akershus Fortres, it was quite appropriate.

Lovely indeed. Camilla knows how to wear purple like no one else.
Love both outfits, my favorite being the purple one of course!;)

Although I like the arrival charcoal and navy outfit, I REALLY like the purple suit alot! My only critique is that the hosery seem to thick and dark. Much prefer Queen Sonja's hose. Love Camilla's choker too!

Although I love the color purple she is wearing I think the fit makes her appear heavy. I am really liking her shoes!

Stunning and elegant come to mind.. I am loving her necklace! Can anyone identify it?

Camilla looks FAB: elegant outfit, classy jewellery. Younger CPs of any monarchy, take note!

Rich, luxuriant color and that draping neckline suits Camilla so well. The turquoise jewelry is just so marvelously displayed.

Last edited:
Camilla is batting 1,000 in my book. Her use of the turq with the gown works brilliantly.

Didn't she wear this dress already? It is sooo beautiful and only for very special occasions, so I wonder?

Didn't she wear this dress already? It is sooo beautiful and only for very special occasions, so I wonder?
I don't think she has. The Duchess has worn a similar gown as seen in Nico's post, but not this one.
Camilla looks absolutely stunning. Purple is definitely her colour.

Last edited:
Camilla looks stupendous this evening, only word for it. I tend not to like turquoise jewellery, but I really like this set, and it works with the dress beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom