The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 3: May 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an absolutely gorgeous necklace and I love those diamond fringes. The earrings are just so beautiful, too.

Camilla looks absolutely wonderful in purple. I love the way the neckline is raised to frame her décolletage and highlight her necklace and earrings. Strangely, I think the richness of the purple makes the turquoise look almost luminous.

Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Attends An Official Dinner

not a native speaker alert!

It is not only what she wears here, it is how she wears it. Her expression, her body language is all: "Isn't that cool, I can't believe that I can pull this stunt off either" to me.

I find that totally endearing.

In theory, the turqouises don't fit with purple, but here the combination is a real winner.

Last edited:
Yes, a woman certainly knows when she looks good and Camilla knows it, I believe!

I do love the purple velvet dress. It's very elegant, beautiful and sophisticated. It doesn't even need a lot of embellishments, but the jewels she chose looked fabulous.

Wouldn't have chosen turquoise with purple, but it shows it off. A very good neckline for the DoC and she uses it often. Sumptuous color and fabric.

Her day outfits were very nice also, especially the purple hat and saphire brooch. Unfortunately, seems as if she caught MM's thick, dark hose disease!

Last edited:
I disliked the heavy hose as well, but loved the hat paired with the coat and that gorgeous brooch.

I love her confidence and her overall choices, very much. But I do think she needs to heed the advice of my late aunt and do something to stop the bleeding of her lipstick onto her upper lip. There are products to take care of this (my aunt managed to keep that from happening until she was 86). I'm also not liking the freckled chest and the bit of cleavage she shows - it's not the cleavage itself, exactly, it's the skin tone - a bit of foundation here might be nice). Gosh, I sound old myself.

But the big turquoise necklace does pull attention right down that way - so I'd say do a bit more camouflage (I'm sure she reads our every word!)

Shoulders and collarbone look elegant and in proportion to the dress, and her smile is the most important part of her look. Hair color/tone is excellent - which only points out the skin tone issue, for me, anyway. Face looks more peachy/pink than chest (etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... I might be the only one, but although I like the dress very much, I think something is not quite right with this look. Maybe it's the turquoises against purple, I'm not sure...

Camilla wore a gorgeous brown and beige ensemble for the visit to Granebo Outdoor Nursery School with Queen Sonja. I just cannot stress enough how much I love the whole lookhttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09uc0qz4ie3rS/x610.jpg, from brown boots to see-through umbrella! Underneath, the Duchess wore a lovely brown suit; while it's a nice look, I prefer the ensemble with cape on.

I agree - and the woman behind her is looking pretty fab, too. :)
That's Princess Martha Louise and she did look lovely, even despite the dangerously low cut of the gown.

Last edited:
I think the whole outfit looks very nice and appropriate for the event, though I have never been too fond of total brown outfits.

That is a lovely and relaxed look for the Duchess (and appropriate too). I really like the different shades of beige and brown, and the style of the boots.

I also love a cape! I wish more women would wear them!

I cant figure out if it's the post hysterectomy, or the ban on hunting, or she doesnt get to ride much any more, but Camilla has gained a tremendous amount of weight in the last 18 months. Today's pix in Norway look like she's 8 months gone.

:previous:
"Tremendous" is a real exaggeration.
She has gained some weight post-wedding; however, Camilla is past her sixties - you can't expect her to retain a figure of a young woman.

Last edited:
Why not? The Princess Royal seems to have kept her weight since .. forever.

I cant figure out if it's the post hysterectomy, or the ban on hunting, or she doesnt get to ride much any more, but Camilla has gained a tremendous amount of weight in the last 18 months. Today's pix in Norway look like she's 8 months gone.
Not everyone is built like a racehorse! Your nasty comments are, as always, more a reflection of your feelings about Camilla than her fashion which, not surprisingly, has been much complimented this trip.

I think Camilla is just not the sleder type, I dont mind her figure at all. I dont think that it is an urgency for her to lose weight but rather to find a well fitted bra. Sorry, but very often her (well covered up) cleavage seems to be all over the place under the dress or whatever she is wearing. Makes her torso so much more bulky than it acutually is.

I am absolutely in love with Camilla's cape. Just fabulous, and so elegant.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09uc0qz4ie3rS/x610.jpg

I love a good cape, don't you!

I also love a cape! I wish more women would wear them!

I like it, too - the cloth looks interesting - nice drape. I wonder if one can be had for a song somewhere....

Nice to see the cape work so well yesterday in Bergen, and it being recognised on these forums. Funnily, this very cape attracted some pretty scathing comments on TRF when it was first seen in Canada a few years ago.

Ouch! Your reputation precedes you on Camilla so I suppose I shouldn't be shocked, but that was just unnecessary.

For the first day of the official visit to Sweden, the Duchess of Cornwall wore an elegant ensemble consisting of grey coat with tartan collar, and matching tartan skirt. She accessories the look with a simple pair of pearl earrings. Underneath, the Duchess wore a tartan skirt, red top and an [URL="http://imageupper.com/i/?S0800010060011T1332428933455136"]asymmetrical vest. [/URL]

Absolutely love the look with coat on, especially the combination of the coat and skirt. The coat itself is very well-tailored and fits Camilla perfectly. :)
Not a big fan of the vest, but it certainly is interesting.

Last edited:
I much prefer the beautiful brown ensemble of yesterday instead of the grey and tartan look from today. The tan cape was wonderful, IMO.

Okay, she is not a young woman anymore and we don't know how her hormones are affected by her hysterectomy (though it's common knowledge that gaining weight is often a side effect). But isn't it lovely that she is still the mistress of Charles' heart? :D

How much love, comfort and joy is to be seen in their faces wehn they look at each other? I realise that many members interested in this thread are interested in fashion, so outer beauty is an important value but I believe that even though Camilla is not a stunning beauty anymore (if ever she was) she is still very much loved and adored by her husband. And this is something for which I feel much respect and admiration. That is how getting older side by side should be. IMHO of course.

BTW, loved Camilla's tartan outfit. Does anyone know if this is one of the Royal tartans or just a tartan-like design?

For the first day of the official visit to Sweden, the Duchess of Cornwall wore an elegant ensemble consisting of grey coat with tartan collar, and matching tartan skirt. She accessories the look with a simple pair of pearl earrings. Underneath, the Duchess wore a tartan skirt, red top and an [URL="http://imageupper.com/i/?S0800010060011T1332428933455136"]asymmetrical vest. [/URL]

Absolutely love the look with coat on, especially the combination of the coat and skirt. The coat itself is very well-tailored and fits Camilla perfectly. :)
Not a big fan of the vest, but it certainly is interesting.
Camilla's, Duchess of Cornwall, ensembles with tartan are my personal favourites because I happen to like the pattern. Unlike her other pieces, the tartan ensembles are well-tailored. The vest is absolutely ugly though. It tends to emphasise Duchess' Rubensque figure.

Last edited:
BTW, loved Camilla's tartan outfit. Does anyone know if this is one of the Royal tartans or just a tartan-like design?

It is indeed a Royal Tartan - Camilla is wearing the Balmoral Tartan.
That particular tartan was designed by Prince Albert (Queen Victoria's husband) back in 1850's. The overall grey look with over-checks of red and black was meant to achieve the appearance of rough granite. The Balmoral Tartan can be worn by the Queen and other members of the Royal Family - but only with the Queen's permission.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom