The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 2: December 2009 - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this coat - certainly matches the occasion - and I don't mind the hat. The overall look is nice, IMO.

I like the outfit too. Despite having a military-ish look, it still has a very feminine feel to it.

I have no words of praise for the DOC's outfit on Xmas day- the hat was hideous, and the outfit was not much better!

Love the hat, boots and coat!

Last edited:
Was that bear fur the hat was made of? Looks like a bird could nest on the top of her head!

I read that it was ancient fur from one of her female ancestors?

Yes, I think Camilla inherited quite a bit of fur from her mother and grandmother and has been creative in re-using it. She had turned it into the inside layer of her beige coat-cape but had it removed and I think turned part of it into the hat. A far more successful attempt!

How strange. A whole bunch of photos and posts seem to have disappeared. I know the photos were posted before.....

Having straight white teeth is not such a big deal in Europe as it is in US. I doubt you could get rich being an orthodontist there. There is not such a emphasis on the connection between overall health and healthy teeth.
The DOC has loads of money to have her teeth sparkle whether in Europe or elsewhere.However I have to agree with you that in Europe the perception about oral hygiene is is different than that in North America.
The military outfit with the feather in the hat is rather old world.But it suits the DOC rather well.

Last edited:
Sorry, dingey, dirty teeth should be a priority for all. Nice, well, healthy teeth are what you strive for. The outfit was great, She looked very nice.

Sorry, dingey, dirty teeth should be a priority for all. Nice, well, healthy teeth are what you strive for. The outfit was great, She looked very nice.
Normal human beings were not created with matching ice white picket fence teeth! It was an offshoot of the colour revolution on film and television, and, for the most part, look as fake as implants.

There are many reasons for teeth to be more creamy yellow and age is one of the most common. Excessive smoking or coffee drinking is another very common cause. And then there is a generation whose teeth reflect the scientific move from penicillan to tetracycline and erythromycin and other such drugs.

Just because teeth are not fake snow white does not mean they are dirty!

Can someone tell me why this thread is titled 'Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall'?

She isn't divorced so why give her the divorced style rather than the married form?

No wonder people get confused with peoples titles when sites which are supposed to be home to people who are supporters and knowledgeable about these things can't get it right.

She is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.

EEEEK!! Is that polka dots and..*gasp* plaid?!?!?! Ghastly.:bang:

Normal human beings were not created with matching ice white picket fence teeth! It was an offshoot of the colour revolution on film and television, and, for the most part, look as fake as implants.

There are many reasons for teeth to be more creamy yellow and age is one of the most common. Excessive smoking or coffee drinking is another very common cause. And then there is a generation whose teeth reflect the scientific move from penicillan to tetracycline and erythromycin and other such drugs.

Just because teeth are not fake snow white does not mean they are dirty!

Exactly! And it doesn't mean that they're not healthy if they're a bit yellow either (could simply be predisposition). Sure, bleached teeth may look perfect in the eyes of some, but they are as fake as Botox or silicone boobs. I, for one, am grateful to see people who keep a bit naturalness in this day and age. I think, bleached teeth aren't that popular in Europe anyway. Not among older people for sure, they're happy as long as they're healthy.

The DOC has loads of money to have her teeth sparkle whether in Europe or elsewhere.

And imagine what the press would say if Camilla used that "load of money" to have her teeth whitened?
They look just fine.
I loved her outfit on christmas day, especially the fur hat. :)

And imagine what the press would say if Camilla used that "load of money" to have her teeth whitened?
So true Lumutqueen. I don't think her teeth are all that bad.

Teeth are, naturally, many different shades. And, everyone here isn't "bleaching" their teeth, but we seem to take better care and have more pride in a nice bright smile. We, also, strive to have our teeth cleaned, professionally twice a year. I think Camilla has done some work with her teeth. Originally, they were really grim from smoking. Teeth do not need to be fake white to be healthy, but they need care and cleaning.

Let's move on from the teeth discussion, this is a fashion thread

Thanks​

EEEEK!! Is that polka dots and..*gasp* plaid?!?!?! Ghastly.:bang:

I shriek EEEEK!! everytime I see the ditty dotty polka dot dress ever since she first wore it in Canada. I'm really beginning to think the DOC is reading the TRF's and having a jolly good laugh on me.

:previous: It depends on your taste. :p No, I don't find it that bad. By the way, mixing polka dotted and checked scarfs is a no-no, IMO.

Duchess of Cornwall's outfit reminds me of outfits worn by wives of First Secretaries of the Communist Party to demonstrate their husbands' exclusive position and all the material perquisites it had. As far as the polka-dot dress is concerned, I remember her wearing it with an English cape coat. Anyway, I do not expect much in terms of fashion choices from her.

Last edited:
:previous: It depends on your taste. :p No, I don't find it that bad. By the way, mixing polka dotted and checked scarfs is a no-no, IMO.
That's exactly what I mean. The two look nice but on condition that they're worn separately. :D

IMHO, Al Bina is absolutely on the mark here - the polka dotty dress in several of its appearances, including the particularly awful last one, has all the chic appeal of the awkward dress sense shown by Communist First Ladies, vintage ca. 1973.
It's rather mind-boggling that it appears to be one of the DOC's favorite outfits.

Great... a hat a bird could nest in... and an outdated boring dress!

Great... a hat a bird could nest in... and an outdated boring dress!

I think its charming that Camilla manages to geet good wear out of most of her clothes. I am not a big fan of the polka dotted dress, but I think its fine, especially when worn with a plain coat that covers most of it. I do not think I have ever seen the dress without a coat on it.

As regards the scarf and dress combination, the scarf is a very expensive check Kashmiri shahtoosh from India, with some embroidery on it. The check and embroideery are quite subtle, and I think the plain coat sets off the scarf and the dress well.

I don't like the oufit combinations or the colours. Her hat is too big!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom