The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Nobility

I just have to put this out there. I so wish that Camilla would comb her
hair back off her face some. I quess this is the style that Charles' likes, or so it has been reported. But she would look so much younger and refreshed with her hair back and up some on the front and lots of hairspray!!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
The black/white outfit is nice but I agree that the jacket is a little too snug around the middle.
Fair point, but I suspect she has put on some weight in the last few months that she has suffered / recovered from her foot injury and probably has been unable to exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
hair back off her face some. I quess this is the style that Charles' likes, or so it has been reported. But she would look so much younger and refreshed with her hair back and up some on the front and lots of hairspray!!
I think there is big difference in Camilla's appearance when she had had her hair done by a hair dresser, and when she has not. I also think she does a lot of outdoors engagements in quite windy places (eg St Michael's Mount in Cornwall), all of which add to the sometimes dishevilled look

Old 07-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
Now that you mention it, I can't recall her ever wearing her hair up.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
Now that you mention it, I can't recall her ever wearing her hair up.
Not unless you count fox hunting!

I'd love to see her try something new in the evening - sometimes they make her hair so huge to accommodate the tiara she usually wears it completely overwhelms whatever else she's wearing.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has very little style, IMHO, and does not care. She, also, looks years older than her present age. Her face shows wrinkles of someone 75. Perhaps, smoking and the oudooors. She has never changed her hairstyle nor anything else, much. I am sorry, but those huge hats, look awful on her, as do the berets. There is something in the middle, one can look in the mirror and know that.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Nobility

I have noticed in some photos, even on the wedding day when the wind
blew her hair off her face, she looked so much better.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I've lways thought that Camilla had (around the time of her wedding) sought the use of temporary fillers. Not botox, but a filler which would last a matter of 4 to 7 months.

She looked particularly 'fresh' for a few months post wedding, and then she seemed to age quite quickly. It's never made much sense to me so I think she had a little 'help' for a short while but hasn't seemed to have gone back for more.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She has very little style, IMHO, and does not care. She, also, looks years older than her present age. Her face shows wrinkles of someone 75. Perhaps, smoking and the oudooors. She has never changed her hairstyle nor anything else, much. I am sorry, but those huge hats, look awful on her, as do the berets. There is something in the middle, one can look in the mirror and know that.
I disagree. IMO she is a very stylish dresser for a woman of her age. Her hats are always magnificent and she could certainly teach Sophie and the York sisters a thing or two about millinery
Remember also her husband nor his mother have changed their hairstyles for decades.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

As for her hairstyle, I don't see the problem. It looks well on her and why should she change it. You are right about Sophie and the York sisiters hats, are just awful, making Camilla's better. I am a woman of her age, actually, a bit older, sometimes she dresses well and sometimes she dresses frumpy. She is older looking and, unfortunately, it translates into her attire.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Serene Highness

I read a tabloid rag today (okay, I confess, they're light reading) that said Camilla was up to 200 lbs. I believe it, looking at her recent pics, but it must be remembered that she had a bad leg for awhile. I think she needs to wear light flowing clothes that don't emphasize the waist and chest.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post
I disagree. IMO she is a very stylish dresser for a woman of her age. Her hats are always magnificent and she could certainly teach Sophie and the York sisters a thing or two about millinery
Remember also her husband nor his mother have changed their hairstyles for decades.
I too think that Camilla is usually very well dressed, a few disasters excepted
Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I like her style, hair, outfits etc... I think she looks very well....
Old 07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
I believe she does care and tries her best in contrast to the Princess Royal e. g.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I think her fashion improved a lot after her marriage. She looks decent and aristocratic most of the time, not to mention that many of her appearances have been super elegant so far.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quite like the way she styles her hair. Yes, it's been the same for a long time but that's what makes it her "signature" style. Somehow I can't imagine her with another hairstyle.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

^ Me neither, Opal. It's very... Camilla. hehe
Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Majesty

http://i28.tinypic.com/2qjc8bq.jpg

Camilla very appropriately dressed for the WW1 memorial event in France today
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

^ From what I can see, she looks super chic indeed! This hat is fantastic! Looking forward to more photos!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics from her event in France:

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/21335542.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/21335590.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/21335583.jpg (Closeup of hat & jewelry)
Old 07-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Majesty

This is the sort of classic and elegant style of dress and hat that works so well for Camilla. In my mind, the problem only arises when she deviates from this broad theme, or attempts to wear the beret style hats.

Closed Thread