The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color is beautiful, but the fabric is draped in such a way that the dress is very heavy-looking. It seems like there is too much fabric, and the neckline is very low. Not a flattering look for her.

I agree the color is great, but the dress mainly the neckline is just not flattering.

The colour is nice.
The fabric is great.

But...
i really dont like the way she is pushed up into the dress

I completely agree

And in the 2nd picture she looks bigger than she really is (or at least normally appears)

I don't like her style at all. I always feel like she just doesn't care how she looks.

in a year where the credit crunch has hit the headlines and the Queen has lead from the front by cutting cots Camilla manages to choose a designer dress that i am sure cost quite a bit of money yet it still looked a mess. I am sure one of her ususal desingers could have either made her anew one which would have cost less or hse could ahve followed the Queen's example by recycling - she has a big enough closet to choose from

That's a really nice looking hat. I'm not a fan of big hats on the Duchess. This one isn't over done. And the navy color looks great on her.

That's a really nice looking hat. I'm not a fan of big hats on the Duchess. This one isn't over done. And the navy color looks great on her.
i agree with you Incas she looks great in this hat and the color suit her yoo much , but i think she looks great in big hats too , i m a fan of her hats collection :wub:

Oh Camilla! The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Pictures - Zimbio

This outfit is a mess. The dress is far to thin looking and summery - and a bit too short for someone of your years too (though perhaps it isn't, but it looks it to me hmm). The hat is okay, though oft repeated (okay - so I applaud the thrift!) and the shawl just looks chucked on. And black with navy is not right. All wrong - looks like she got dressed in a rush. Which perhaps she did - perhaps I should stop ranting and get a life ;-))

Looks like she found an old school uniform, stretched it, threw other "stuff" on top and went. A fashion plate, she has never been. Sometime she looks nice, mostly she looks awkward.

She just didnt make any effort today - she really shouldnt have combined a shawl with that dress a smart suit woudl have look so much better or a nice coat over the dress (take a look at Lady Sarah, Lady Helen, Lady Nicholas and especially the Duchess of Glouester who all excelled today)

Looks like she found an old school uniform, stretched it, threw other "stuff" on top and went. A fashion plate, she has never been. Sometime she looks nice, mostly she looks awkward.
Absolutely true... Despite of all things available to her (designers, milliners, and etc.), Duchess of Cornwall contrives to look awkward in ill-fitted dresses and sometimes poorly matched outfits. Duchess of Cornwall's look was unpolished, to say the least. A cheap-looking dress was aggravated a black shawl and black stockings. The Philip Treacy hat (I hope I am correct about the milliner) looked nice though.

She just didnt make any effort today - she really shouldnt have combined a shawl with that dress a smart suit woudl have look so much better or a nice coat over the dress (take a look at Lady Sarah, Lady Helen, Lady Nicholas and especially the Duchess of Glouester who all excelled today)
It is all in the eye of the beholder, that much is clear from some of the examples put forward by other posters!:cool: For all anyone knows, the shawl may have been a personal gift from HM for the occasion.

IMO, nobody could see the dress clearly from the pictures shown on here and indeed the video's, it certainly didn't look cheap in real life.

I don't like this outfit, at all!:nonono:
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio

Well, the hat looks ravishing & modern. Pearls are great, too. However, the dress and the cape :ermm: dark blue and black plus a bit of white ... wasn't the best choice. Like a middle aged or elderly housewife for daily business, like a teacher in front of a class ... not at all like a royal in an event. The DoC sure can do better! I'd say, throw away this dress :cool:.

Her hat is lovely! I really like the color and design. Her outfit, on the other hand, looks baggy and frumpy. The jacket or shawl that she wore over her dress was too big. It looked like she was wearing a blanket.

I think she has no style at all, and she looks rather masculin,not feminin.

She sure is not as beauatiful as Diana. But I do think she "cleans up" ok.

I agree with mrsbugman. I like most of her outfits these days.

:previous: I agree with the comment above. Camilla is granted not as beautiful as Diana but she has her own style and looks simply stunning sometimes :)
x

Could we please try to leave out the comparisons with Diana (or anyone else really). Camilla's fashion is the topic of conversation here.

Thanks,
RHoF Mods

I really loved the outfits (both) she wore for her wedding, real class and very much a regal look for her marriage to the heir to the British throne.

I don't mean to be rude to make a comment about Camilla's style. As some members noted about her style, she doesn't have a very good style. I am not a big fan of her style. Yes, she does have wrinkles. It's because she's getting older and she also smokes. She seems to be masculine, not very feminie looking kind of woman.

I think Camilla has come a long way since the days of her bad tweed suits before she married Charles I thought she was always drab and dull. She now always tries to be colorful and she shows class, I think she has come into herself, she is not my favorite royal by a long shot but since this is a fashion thread I will give her just dues, even the red hat on Easter was a nice and bold look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom