The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you follow for example the Danish Royal Family Skydragon but when looking at CP Frederik it must be extremely hard to dress a male ;) Seriously, it's not that easy and Charles is definitely standing out among his peers or future peers.
No, I don't follow the DRF. Males do have it easy, all of mine are measured by their tailor, he then has his staff 'run up' their uniforms, day wear, evening wear etc, from the same patterns. No worrying about different hemlines, necklines etc. The rules are set for males, with very little room for fashion, apart from garish shirts or ties, and how to tie them.

No, I don't follow the DRF. Males do have it easy, all of mine are measured by their tailor, he then has his staff 'run up' their uniforms, day wear, evening wear etc, from the same patterns. No worrying about different hemlines, necklines etc. The rules are set for males, with very little room for fashion, apart from garish shirts or ties, and how to tie them.

You have a point but IMO that doesn't make it easier. Still, you need the right man to wear the right clothes. It's no different from what is valid for women, it has to be suitable for the specific person. Fitted, high quality clothes can still look horrible if they don't suit the type of person / figure, no matter if on men or women. Finding the right cut, the right colour, the right type of accessory, the right pair of shoes also applies to men and the BRF leading males usually get it right. Camilla had fantastic outfits in the past but especially her evening gowns are matronly and frumpy, without any finesse. And what an 80 year old still gets right, a 60 year old should get right even more - with a good designer who understands how to present her in the best possible way.

It is entertaining to see a great debate about fashion choices made by Duchess of Cornwall. I do not expect her to wear the cutting edge designs because of her age. Her outfits are safe and comfortable. Duchess of Cornwall should find a designer, who can better tailor her dresses and suits. That is all.
[snipped] ... and the 'Japanese' homage in the back may be well intended but looks more pathetic than charming. ... [snipped].
I wonder who suggested paying Japanese homage by incorporating some variation of an obi belt into the dress. Generally speaking, Japanese do not like such things.

I´m sometimes astonished about the harsh words in questions of style and fashion in threads like this one.
Okay, everybody should say if he / she thinks a dress, a fashion style, a jewel or a make up is nice or bad.
But it´s only a question of someones taste - nothing more!
But some critics here need words like worst, awful , terrible, frumpy...( It´s hard not to see an attack against the person who wears this sort of ´unacceptable sacks´ ).
Sorry, but do these people judge in the same way when they have a look in the mirror?:whistling::ermm:

The purple dress/suit looks ok, I agree it is one of her better outfit in this tour in Japan!
Purple dress!
Zimbio
Purple colour seems to suit every woman very well!
I don't like the bag very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Carla Bruni wore that stunning purple outfit on her visit to England women all over the world have rediscovered purple. Beautiful. It looks very nice on Camilla...

Thanks for the pix giov. Fabulous gown. No tiara, but a consolation with the diamond collett? :wub:

I think she looks fabulous in that colour pink. Since her marriage she has really blossomed, somthing I, for one, never expected.

I have to admit I thought she would be a credit to her husband. I also thought that she would "pay" for dressing. She seemed to have a natural style or maybe it was just her innate dignity but never in a million years would I have imagined she would become the "Style Queen of Elegance for those of later years. :wub:

But then again, that Pink gown would look gorgeous on any woman with her height. I'm talking about real women - not those heroin chic waifs that totter along the catwalk! :eek:

I wonder what she will do with it when she has finished with it! I would write and ask her, very politely for it, but darn I am too short.
She looks absolutely stunning in it, perhaps on a later occasion as the ladies of the royal family are starting to recycle dresses (hurrah hurrah) she will wear it with a tiara.....
I am looking forward to seeing this.

I have to admit I thought she would be a credit to her husband. I also thought that she would "pay" for dressing. She seemed to have a natural style or maybe it was just her innate dignity but never in a million years would I have imagined she would become the "Style Queen of Elegance for those of later years. :wub:

But then again, that Pink gown would look gorgeous on any woman with her height. I'm talking about real women - not those heroin chic waifs that totter along the catwalk! :eek:

Perfectly said, Marg. Perfectly! She is someone that most women can relate to style wise--and can I just say how much I enjoyed seeing her wearing that collet necklace again? She wore it at her birthday party a couple years back and I believe it was the Queen Mum's, loaned to her by the Queen that evening. Perhaps it is now a gift?

Her hair...

will never change, and in all honesty, fair enough. But If I could style her hair, even if only once, then certainly a style such as this is what I'd suggest.

Not to mention one of her better, evening dresses.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/801399901.jpg

Certainly not to everyone's liking I'd anticipate, but I think it would suit her very nicely.

:previous: That is a very flattering stlye. I really like it but, I think you need more hair (by volume) to be able to wear a decent tiara. Infortunately the Bucheron or the Deli Dhurbar would swamp her with that syle. :ohmy:

:previous: That is a very flattering stlye. I really like it but, I think you need more hair (by volume) to be able to wear a decent tiara. Infortunately the Bucheron or the Deli Dhurbar would swamp her with that syle. :ohmy:

Oh...hmmm...gee...a real shame that...especially the Boucheron...:D

I wonder what other tiara HRH could wear (ponders for a moment)...I KNOW...:)...the Russian sapphire bandeau, of course..hehe. How convenient a hairstyle...;)

As for the Delhi Durbar. The late Queen Elizabeth wore a style of similar volume and she managed to wear the Durbar quite well, even if only once. And if I recall correctly (?), the Durbar was reset with extra width for the Duchess and so not in it's original form.

Very nice dress, what necklace is she wearing? Warren??

Finally - Camilla looks absolutely stunning in that pink dress. No tiaras, the dress code wasn't even black tie, let alone white tie!

Very nice dress, what necklace is she wearing? Warren??

I think Camilla was wearing the diamond collet collier necklace that she wore on her 60th birthday party and again on the banquet for the Sarkozy's.

13/11 60th Birthday Prince Charles

Galerías de imágenes

A full length pic of Camilla, although no close up. Sorry but on the big occasion she didn't get it right. I hate the pink colour on her and the dress looks ill-fitted and frumpy.

:previous:
As always...again...the choice of a dress is only a question of taste...and so i would prefer to avoid such harsh words...:whistling:

I think the dress was a good choice and the Duchess looked brilliant! :flowers:

I don't think this dress suits Camilla at all.
I don't want to be rude, but I think that is not the right dress for Camilla's body!
She should have worn the beautiful light pink dress she wore in Brunei, IMO!

Both the pink dress she wore in Brunei and the pink dress she wore in the celebration of her husband look great on her.

And the turqoise shorter dress that were in a link further up (By Madame Royale) in this thread, was stunningly beautiful on her.

I agree with that it is possible for any woman to picture wearing her clothes. She is not skinny skinny, but yet she is elegant and just the way she should be.

:previous:
As always...again...the choice of a dress is only a question of taste...and so i would prefer to avoid such harsh words...:whistling:

I think the dress was a good choice and the Duchess looked brilliant! :flowers:
i totaly agree with you milla ca ! the dress was a fantastic choice she lokked elegante and briallant :wub: .i didn't like her in the pink dress in malysia she lokked a old women :whistling:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=866005&postcount=101
Vivienne Westwood's dress was an all right choice on the part of Duchess of Cornwall.
The dress seemed a bit overwhelming on her. Looking at the photos, one may notice that she looked fatter than she really is. I like a draped neckline and rich blue colour though. At the same time, I do not think Duchess of Cornwall can wear Vivienne Westwood properly. Airy lacy creations by Elie Saab would have suited her much better. If Duchess of Cornwall wished to support British desingers, I think Alexander McQueen would have been a perfect choice because she looks nice wearing tartans.

Thanks for the photo's Al bina. I agree that the blue dress looks a bit "heavy," but she still looks pretty stunning. I can't quite make out the necklace though...it looks like one of the Saudi necklaces which belong to the Queen. Can anyone tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom