The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know that Camilla have same version feather hats since marriages to Prince Charles in April and in June she wores black and white at Garter Ceremony they NOW i cant complete!

but im not sure i cant find that feather hats in websites if you would find anywhere who designer Camilla's

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
you know that Camilla have same version feather hats since marriages to Prince Charles in April and in June she wores black and white at Garter Ceremony they NOW i cant complete!

but im not sure i cant find that feather hats in websites if you would find anywhere who designer Camilla's

Sara Boyce
British-Irish designer Philip treacy is the man behind of The Duchess of Cornwall's hats.I think someone had posted about it several times in TRF, The Duchess seems has good taste in fashion by her outfits and hats but she wears too much of this feathery hat style.He also designed the hat for her on Wedding Day in April.And i also find some of her hats on his collection on his website:
http://www.philiptreacy.co.uk

Last edited:
Mostly I like The Duchess of Cornwall´s hats but my first thought seeing the hat she was wearing at her son´s wedding was she picked off the feathers from her Royal Garden Party hat and made a new hat out of it ... Only at the second sight I noticed the different shape of the feathers.

So please please stop wearing these feathersomethingheadpieces, you have such a lot of stunning hats to wear instead !!!

Camilla knows what works for her and sticks to it which I like. She is not trying to be 20-30 something. She looks good for her age.

She found something she likes, so she wants to keep wearing similar items. (We all do it.) Maybe in 20 years we'll all be saying, "There goes Camilla with one of those crazy headpieces again", rather like in the past when everyone knew exactly what Queen Mary was going to wear.

Maybe it will turn out this way, Iowabelle ...

Actually I like the style of Camilla. And for the record: Yes I think she looks good and I´m astonished what the media tried to make us believe the last 15 years. IMO this is a real nice, interesting and attractive person. But sometimes I don´t like her outfit or parts of it and these headpieces will never be my favourites.

I have just got a look on The Duchess of Cornwall's hats that she had worn again, and i have got think again, i think since she became a member of The Royal Family, everything of her style/ fashion have improved really much rather than the years before, actually she has really much better taste of fashion, and it's good that she has something new, and it's good on her, i think it has been improved really really much, that's a good thing, it would be better if we also share with her, she has done alot of her bests, i also feel it's very bad i have think of The Duchess really in negative way, and i had got an idea that it would be good if we think of someone in a positive way, and it's good, both will be happy and good, but actually The Duchess is doing well.

Just my thinking....her feather style hat (or hair piece?) might make her as fashion icon in future...just like Jacky O with her pills bottle top hat. People will said "Camila's (hat) style".:)

Well, it semes that she like big and flying hats .... not bad but to big in my opinion.

Camilla's hats are...wow! Sometimes I love them, sometimes I think they're over the top. There's always something on them, feathers and other stuff just spilling out of them. I like the fact that she experiments with what she wears on her head especially because she doesn't seem to experiment with suits all that much. Does anybody know where she gets her hats or are they specially made for her? Can you imagine how many hat boxes she has?:D

Philip Treacy does her hats he does a lot of the hats worn by the royals.

I think Philip Treacy has done all of the hats and hairpieces I've seen her in.

My guess is, that the hats are done especially for her to match her ensembles. Diana's hats were mostly custom made for her.

Re:

Her hats are indeed Philip Treacy. If you go to his salon in London you can pick up copies of the hats as several are made at a time. Of Course, only a really impolite person would wear the same hat as her at an occassion but Freddie Fox and Philip Somerville have been stocking similar QE2 hats for years.

I'm sure they don't release copies of her hats when she's expected to wear them (sort of like they avoid having Hollywood stars show up at events in the same dresses).

Re:

Iowabelle, I think they wait 6 or 7 months. A close friend of mine is a Royal lookalike hence why I know these things!! She bought her signature outfits from Jean Muir and her hats from Freddie Fox - he wouldn't release a direct copy until 1 year after the Queen wore it first.

How interesting. Does she get a lot of engagements?

Re:

Usually she works four days out of 7. She's very good and very precise. She refuses to do anything that would upset the lady she impersonates.

Camillas Gowns

I rather liked the yellow gown. I think it fit her quite well and looked really nice. I did not like the Asian inspired gown. The idea behind it was good but it just did not work. Camilla has a very hard figure for long gowns. I think thats one of the reasons people went crazy for her wedding dress. It was a nice dress but Camilla made it work for her and made it look great. I think Camilla is much better off with the knee lenght dresses. They look much better on her.

The October 2003 one is very nice and elegant.

One of Camillas hats when she still was married to Andrew

Lt Col Andrew Parker-Bowles of the Blues and Royals, with his wife Camilla, son Tom, 9 (holding his fathers OBE), and daughter Laura, five. 21st February 1984: (from TopFoto)

Re:

How 70s is Camilla's outfit in that photograph?! I'm not sure about the hat - I think her passion for huge feathered saucers is wonderful and it shows that she's not going to hide away.

The Queen wears bright colours to be seen - Camilla wears big hats to be seen!

The hat worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend a service to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, St. Paul's Cathedral, London. October 23, 2005

HRH's hat at the service

Boris said:
Others (judging from GRMB) seem to love this dress, but I think it's a desaster... the top's fabric looks like some old couch's upholstery while the skirt resembles polyester curtains, falling in awkward pleats - no good craftmanship here - and the color is less than flattering for Camilla. I'm aware that for some reason people suddenly seem to love just about everything about her these days, and I think her daywear looks great for the most part, but this is a terrible choice for her first evening gown as Duchess. I guess her very busy stylist took a day off.

:p Thats a Big TEN4. I like the color. But, not on her. She doesn't have the coloring to wear that color. It makes her look washed out. & I have to gree about the jacket & skirt statement. But, she is an old woman there is only so much that they can do for her. She has to look her age & anything that maybe better styled & in fashsion might be looked down upon by the Queen & Especially Phillip.

Panther2000 said:
:p I like the color. But, not on her. She doesn't have the coloring to wear that color. But, she is an old woman there is only so much that they can do for her.
:eek:

Princess Camilla looks great, even the check suits that everyone criticized early in her marriage, became fashion favourites here.

At 57 she is hardly 'an old woman', you are obviously very young. She tends to go for elegance rather than 'fashion'.

It would be nice to find a thread that doesn't have the ex wife's 'fans' snipeing at Camilla all the time.

The hat is really nice exept for the spiral corkskrew sticking out of the bow. What is that.

The gown Camilla wore to attend a banquet at the White House during the visit of her and the Prince of Wales to the U.S., November 2, 2005
Reuters
The gown worn by HRH at the White House

The gown the Duchess wore to attend a gala in San Fransisco on the last leg of her and the Prince of Wales' U.S. tour, November 7, 2005
Colourpress
The gown worn by Camilla

Last edited by a moderator:
Ithought that for her first big event she wore some really impressive gown...well I was disappointment. As now I can't say that I like her dresses...maybe one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom