The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. :)

Ooh, Royal Ascot. Thanks for reminding me. I hope she attends.

The Jenny Packam dress is a dream but when I looked at the whole picture something was wrong. It lacked balance. And then I saw a photo of the model and realised what it is. All of JP's models had updo's or short hair.

That was the missing peice. The neck and sholderline of the dress is intrinsic to the overall style but with Catherine's hair . . . . . too much length, too much volume, ruined the line and balance. A soft up do would have restored the balance and made her look healthier.

The long flowing locks created the effect of a pumpkin on a pin, emphasising how slender she is but without balance which left everyone thinking "thin".

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Posts have been edited and deleted that discussed weight issues.
Please remember this is a fashion thread, further posts will be deleted without notice.​

The outfit did nothing for me too :( I feel like she's trying not to stand out, which I guess is fine, but we need more color! actually that goes to all Royal Ladies

I guess then she would have been criticised for trying to overshadow the Queen by some ;)

I can understand pale colours for Camilla, The Queen, PM etc. But Catherine, no way.

Ilove her outfit and the hat is fresh and young and fun.

Her outfit reminds me of one of Princess Mary who often wears light colours when on similar duties, she has a white coat she often wears, and nobody finds her boring.

It's not a garden party, it's a very very formal event. The outfit is absolutly perfect. Very classy, not boring at all, and black and white is alway a winner.

I wish she would wear something interesting. Boring hat, boring hair, boring outfit.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Indeed. A bland outfit I have to say. It looks a bit like something the York girls would wear on a sane day. :whistling:
The hat looks too funeral-like, I hope she will go for something more lively and colorful if she attends Royal Ascot...

Last edited:
Indeed. A bland outfit I have to say. It looks a bit like something the York girls would wear on a sane day. :whistling:
The hat looks too funeral-like, I hope she will go for something more lively and colorful if she attends Royal Ascot...

They have sane days? :ROFLMAO:

I think this was a very wise choice, as someone else said, if she had worn something more extreme she would have been accused of trying to outshine the Queen, and probably attempting the same with Camilla. As it is she was probably aware that she would get a good bit of attention. She may well reserve the real "wow" factor to engagements with William.

I wish she would wear something interesting. Boring hat, boring hair, boring outfit.

Color wont hurt her, it will do her good IMO. The hat is pretty but not for such an event, the coat is boring and nothing special. If she wanted to wear that coat than I would've suggested a colored hat/headpiece, if she wanted to wear that hat then I would suggest a printed coat/outfit or something colored where the black would break it up.
I quite liked her make up today, looked fresh.

A subdued outfit was both entirely predictable and completely appropriate. This day belongs to the Queen and the soldiers taking part. It would not surprise me at all if the outfit was a conscious decision on the part of the Duchess of Cambridge not to overshadow the Queen.

Boring! What a dreary start to her public appearances. She looks like she's off to a mate's wedding and didn't have time to get a new "look". Honestly, all those long locks hanging all over the place are more suited to Beatrice or Eugenie, not the new Duchess of Cambridge on her first Trooping of the Colour.

I kept waiting for a stray gust of wind to smack a lock of hair around Camilla's face or get caught in her hat! And as for the lacklustre black and white outfit . . . . forget it. I know I will very, very quickly.

Catherine needs to look at her new situation and grab it, own it and not look the same as she did seven years ago. Today was a day to announce she had arrived. The Queen would not have minded, after all she was aware that the focus would be on the newest royal so why not make it memorable instead of infinitely forgettable.

Oh well, there is always Ascot, so long as she doesn't feel the need to reprise today's look!

Today's outfit was okay. Nice, but a little boring. I didn't really expect much though considering it's the Queen's day. Hopefully she'll step it up for Order of the Garter and Ascot.

I did love the hat though. It was really cute.

I've always loved Catherine's look but today, it's a big deception, because of this hat! I really don't like it, and it's not only because of its colour: the shape is ugly. :sick:

Another picture where we can see a little bit of the lower part of the outfit. Don't know why but it reminded me of her wedding dress WENN Photo Library

I've always loved Catherine's look but today, it's a big deception, because of this hat! I really don't like it, and it's not only because of its colour: the shape is ugly. :sick:
That hat is actually quite interesting and if it had been placed on a fabulous up-do what a difference that would have been,

Serious Millinery is for serous women and only girls of women of little confidence plonk them on top of long hair. They are made to make a statement not to linger lonely and shapeless with equally lacklustre hair drooping below them!

Think Zara at William and Catherine's wedding!

Another picture where we can see a little bit of the lower part of the outfit. Don't know why but it reminded me of her wedding dress WENN Photo Library

Yes actually it is quite similar to her wedding dress (you can see it clear from the balcony shots on TV, we will have to wait for picture) but looking at that coat in full view, it does look good and pretty IMO but a different color as I said before would be nice.

Thanks for the pics! She has a beautiful smile, but she could have done something to her hair. They are beautiful, too, but it doesn't really bring out her face, her outfits, and even her hat. I would dare to add that maybe she could cut them just a little bit, and that for such an official ceremony, she should have had keep them under control.

The hat that the Duchess of Cambridge is wearing is the same, albeit in another colour, as the Queen Of Norway wore to the Duchess' wedding in April. Does anynone know who the milliner is?

Could be by Lock & Co. There was an article a few posts/pages back stating that Kate had picked up a hat from them but didn't mention for when it was going to be worn.

Mia_mae said:
(...)

Kate Middleton Pictures Shopping in London

It seems she not only changed the color but also cur her hair.

Guys this is going to sound weird but are we sure this is Kate? In all the ARK gala pics there is no blonde- and why would she change to go shopping again? These just look so different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom