The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope she fills up the basket and puts on a few pounds!

The green is a pretty colour, shawl or cardi. She looks lovely.

Several off topic posts have been deleted, please remember this is a fashion thread.
If you'd like to discuss the The Duchess of Cambridge, please do it in the appropriate threads​

She is casual dressed, nice look to go shopping in the local area...a country side so the look is O.K and relax...hope she never loses this...

She looks very comfortable in her outfit, not a fan of the shrug/sweater but she looked quite relaxed.

Will we see the resurgance of the shawl if she wears it more than once? Can she be a trendsetter? Or I wonder if it was a handmade wedding gift?

I don't really think that is a hand made shawl and I'am not a big fan of it...but she looks confortable and she is dress according to the ocasion, a countryside shopping in a supermarket area.

She looks fine for what she's doing. Casual & comfortable with no pomp about her. I'm really starting to like Catherine quite a bit. Although, I would advise more sleep and a few cucumber slices for those bads under her eyes.

Those sweater/shawl/shrug things are very popular in California right now, we were just in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills and saw quite a few of them (and lots for sale at The Grove). I actually got one, in purple, although mine is longer. I don't know what we're calling them, though. I guess my longer one is a shawl - and her shorter one is a shrug?

It's very cool to see her out doing her daily duties and that green is a great color on her. Can't wait to see more pictures in upcoming weeks (although I'm glad we're not seeing daily pictures and that the photogs are not totally hounding her).

Wow her hair really is amazing. I'm never cray about what she wears but I'm delighted to see her do the shopping.

In my next life, maybe I will be lucky and have hair like the Duchess of Cambridge! :lol:

As it is, I have to stick with extensions to get the same effect. :bang:

She really did look adorable zooming around with a shopping cart and chatting up the locals...I don't think I have ever seen a Royal do that...yet when it is called for she is incredibly regal and dignified, as if she was born a Royal. Good for her!

The chocolate biscuits must be for Prince William, I have read that he loves them.

Last edited:
Dress is cuter then the one Kate wore.....Pippa also owns a red version of the Issa engagement dress and wore it in 2007 (picture in my magazine) so they do share clothes and have similiar tastes.....

Its good that they have shared clothes so far. I suspect in future Pippa will be a recipient of the cast-offs of the Duchess of Cambridge

Its good that they have shared clothes so far. I suspect in future Pippa will be a recipient of the cast-offs of the Duchess of Cambridge

it would be nice, we never saw that in royalty before...

Kate and Pippa have quite a similar style, It's nice to see how close knit they are, sharing clothes etc

missMaryanne said:

Princess Mary of Denmark and her sister do this as well....

Diana also gave some of her older dresses to her sisters Sarah and Jane. It's not that unusual if you have similar sizes.

There is also the case of Infanta Cristina loaning a dress to her first cousin Princess Alexia (as a godmother) during Princess Isabella's christening.

I remember Princess Margaret wearing a coat of The Queen's on the balcony of Buckingham Palace for some occasion. It was a really old-fashioned colour, like Eau de Nile or something like that. HM had worn it years and years before that.

Last edited:
There is also the case of Infanta Cristina loaning a dress to her first cousin Princess Alexia (as a godmother) during Princess Isabella's christening.

How this could be possible??? They have the complete opposite sizes:eek:

Cristina is very tall and Alexia is very short, and she is also much much heavily built that Cristina

How this could be possible??? They have the complete opposite sizes:eek:

Cristina is very tall and Alexia is very short, and she is also much much heavily built that Cristina

It was a maternity dress and was commented upon immediately after Princess Isabella's christening. I'm sure it's buried in other threads at the TRF.

But let's get back on to the Duchess of Cambridge's fashion and style.

Diana definitely gave some clothes to Sarah, the Duchess of York. Unfortunately, they were some of her less attractive outfits. Diana hadn't looked particularly good in them, and Sarah definitely didn't. I recall a satin suit in pink, white, and black and a plaid affair that would have been better off consigned to the wastebin.

I liked the Duchess of Cambridge's "day after" blue dress and jacket but felt the wedged espadrilles were a poor choice. I like such espadrilles myself and wear them often, but hers were simply too high with that short skirt. Getting the proportions right is essential when it comes to heel height vs. skirt length. There was just too much "leg" going on there. Not that she doesn't have great legs, but still....

Moreover, I'm just not convinced that the style of the shoe went well with that floaty dress and the chic little jacket. Those are really shoes for jeans and other very casual items.

I didn't care for the green shawl at all. It was probably a bit chilly that day when she was grocery shopping on Anglesey, but I think an interesting jacket would have worked better with the jeans and ballet flats and been very bcbg.

I think of espadrilles as casual shoes, better worn with jeans or longer casual skirts. However, espadrilles are great for walking across a lawn and boarding a helicopter, which might have been the Dss.'s priority that day. Agreed though that the dress would have looked nicer with a dressier shoe.

>I liked the Duchess of Cambridge's "day after" blue dress and jacket but felt the wedged espadrilles were a poor choice.

I would have preferred a jacket worn with jeans and flats (or those espadrilles ;))as well. But as you say, it was likely a chilly day. It certainly looked windy, and Kate doesn't seem to be a girl for parkas.

>I didn't care for the green shawl at all.[/QUOTE]

I like that she does her own makeup ( I know everyone isn't crazy about her eyeliner, but I think it looks fine ) and is her own stylist. I hope she doesn't start getting worried about the way she looks to the point she lets someone dress her in unattractive clothes that they tell her are "fashionable".

I think that she looks great usually and really wonderful when she's on public appearances. I don't think she'll ever be a fashion victim--in a positive sense.

I hope she doesn't start getting worried about the way she looks to the point she lets someone dress her in unattractive clothes that they tell her are "fashionable".

Exactly, i hope she stays natural an young in style...nothing too "suity" and buttoned up.

colettec
Toronto

Was the picture of her shopping after the wedding? I'm surprised that she is by herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom