The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

You're welcome.

Ooh, Royal Ascot. Thanks for reminding me. I hope she attends.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I read somewhere that she is.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The Jenny Packam dress is a dream but when I looked at the whole picture something was wrong. It lacked balance. And then I saw a photo of the model and realised what it is. All of JP's models had updo's or short hair.

That was the missing peice. The neck and sholderline of the dress is intrinsic to the overall style but with Catherine's hair . . . . . too much length, too much volume, ruined the line and balance. A soft up do would have restored the balance and made her look healthier.

The long flowing locks created the effect of a pumpkin on a pin, emphasising how slender she is but without balance which left everyone thinking "thin".
Old 06-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Royal Highness

Kate shopping 3 hours before gala-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...Cambridge.html

But weren't there pics of her in a pink dress or was that the day before? Also IMO Kate looks more stunning in the casual wear.....love,love,love the hair,sweater and flats- she looks good at the gala but amazing in the jeans and flats !
Old 06-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Posts have been edited and deleted that discussed weight issues.
Please remember this is a fashion thread, further posts will be deleted without notice.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Kate shopping 3 hours before gala-

Kate Middleton shopping before Ark Gala Dinner in Kensington | Mail Online

But weren't there pics of her in a pink dress or was that the day before? Also IMO Kate looks more stunning in the casual wear.....love,love,love the hair,sweater and flats- she looks good at the gala but amazing in the jeans and flats !
Nice casual looking.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Serene Highness

Love the hat at Trouping the Colours
Old 06-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wish she would wear something interesting. Boring hat, boring hair, boring outfit.
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/...ty-Images-News
Old 06-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

The outfit did nothing for me too :( I feel like she's trying not to stand out, which I guess is fine, but we need more color! actually that goes to all Royal Ladies
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness

I guess then she would have been criticised for trying to overshadow the Queen by some
Old 06-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I can understand pale colours for Camilla, The Queen, PM etc. But Catherine, no way.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Nobility

Ilove her outfit and the hat is fresh and young and fun.

Her outfit reminds me of one of Princess Mary who often wears light colours when on similar duties, she has a white coat she often wears, and nobody finds her boring.

It's not a garden party, it's a very very formal event. The outfit is absolutly perfect. Very classy, not boring at all, and black and white is alway a winner.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I wish she would wear something interesting. Boring hat, boring hair, boring outfit.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Indeed. A bland outfit I have to say. It looks a bit like something the York girls would wear on a sane day.
The hat looks too funeral-like, I hope she will go for something more lively and colorful if she attends Royal Ascot...
Old 06-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Indeed. A bland outfit I have to say. It looks a bit like something the York girls would wear on a sane day.
The hat looks too funeral-like, I hope she will go for something more lively and colorful if she attends Royal Ascot...
They have sane days?

I think this was a very wise choice, as someone else said, if she had worn something more extreme she would have been accused of trying to outshine the Queen, and probably attempting the same with Camilla. As it is she was probably aware that she would get a good bit of attention. She may well reserve the real "wow" factor to engagements with William.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Color wont hurt her, it will do her good IMO. The hat is pretty but not for such an event, the coat is boring and nothing special. If she wanted to wear that coat than I would've suggested a colored hat/headpiece, if she wanted to wear that hat then I would suggest a printed coat/outfit or something colored where the black would break it up.
I quite liked her make up today, looked fresh.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

A subdued outfit was both entirely predictable and completely appropriate. This day belongs to the Queen and the soldiers taking part. It would not surprise me at all if the outfit was a conscious decision on the part of the Duchess of Cambridge not to overshadow the Queen.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Boring! What a dreary start to her public appearances. She looks like she's off to a mate's wedding and didn't have time to get a new "look". Honestly, all those long locks hanging all over the place are more suited to Beatrice or Eugenie, not the new Duchess of Cambridge on her first Trooping of the Colour.

I kept waiting for a stray gust of wind to smack a lock of hair around Camilla's face or get caught in her hat! And as for the lacklustre black and white outfit . . . . forget it. I know I will very, very quickly.

Catherine needs to look at her new situation and grab it, own it and not look the same as she did seven years ago. Today was a day to announce she had arrived. The Queen would not have minded, after all she was aware that the focus would be on the newest royal so why not make it memorable instead of infinitely forgettable.

Oh well, there is always Ascot, so long as she doesn't feel the need to reprise today's look!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Today's outfit was okay. Nice, but a little boring. I didn't really expect much though considering it's the Queen's day. Hopefully she'll step it up for Order of the Garter and Ascot.

I did love the hat though. It was really cute.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Courtier

I've always loved Catherine's look but today, it's a big deception, because of this hat! I really don't like it, and it's not only because of its colour: the shape is ugly.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Commoner

I love her earrings and her shoes
shoes http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...e_1917497i.jpg
earrings http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...d_1917443i.jpg
really perfect outfit for the couple :>>>
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend the ARK 10th Anniversary Gala Dinner - Telegraph