The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Serene Highness

She looks gorgeous! Shoes: WANT.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Aristocracy

I love the dress but I have to say that I think the shoes are ugly. No one needs to wear 4 inch heels or even 3 inch for that matter. There is nothing elegant about teetering along on these ridiculous stilts that the shoe industry is putting out there. If you watch women walk in these heels, their ankles are wobbling, their posture is thrown off and when they are standing still, their legs start to bend at the knee the opposite direction than they are supposed to bend. One of these days, someone is going to suffer a severe injury when they "fall off" their shoes and then maybe some sanity will return to shoes.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Courtier

She looked gorgeous. Kate can pull of the sparkly, soft, girly look very well.

I am also in love with her shoes. And her hair. I'm glad she finally wore a more high end designer. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

{edit}She is probably having PR-people chosing her dresses right now, but I reall hope that she will develop some style of her own, she is probably scared to make a mistake which is understandable, but right now she looks like a mannequin, not like a real person with a sense for style.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Serene Highness

I really love the dress and shoes
Old 06-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marlboro View Post
I love the dress but I have to say that I think the shoes are ugly. No one needs to wear 4 inch heels or even 3 inch for that matter. There is nothing elegant about teetering along on these ridiculous stilts that the shoe industry is putting out there. If you watch women walk in these heels, their ankles are wobbling, their posture is thrown off and when they are standing still, their legs start to bend at the knee the opposite direction than they are supposed to bend. One of these days, someone is going to suffer a severe injury when they "fall off" their shoes and then maybe some sanity will return to shoes.
I would have to agree with you here. I don't wear any kind of heels (balance issues), and plan to keep it that way because I'm terrified of breaking my neck. Catherine is tall as is, so there's no need for such hight. I think two inch heels (or lower) would have been fine.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by figtreecrossing View Post
Imagine how proud her parents must be when they see these photos
I'm sure they are

As for the dress, I could envision the Crown Princess of Denmark in it aswell. I think it would suit Mary wonderfully.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

I, for once, like the makeup. It was a evening event so the darker shades in the eyes worked for me.
{edit}
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked the gown better on Catherine than on the model.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I love the Jenny Packman dress{edit} Adore the L K Bennett shoes as they bring youth and fun to the outfit and the Prada clutch is also great. All in all a good outing for Kate

Old 06-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Overall, Kate looked very beautiful. The shoes? They are evening shoes...nothing special in my book.

I loved this dress when I saw it posted in another thread. Very wearable -- on the runway and off.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

i wouldn't have liked this dress on other person. it is by far something that would strike me as elegant on a shop: the cut is excellent but the glitter is something i would probably imagine on jenny lo rather than on a royal.
however, kate manages to make it look great. she certainly makes everything look a million dollars!
the shoes are lovely...
i can't wait to see what she chooses for trooping the colour!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
Well, I think she is awfully thin. Five pounds more and she would look beautiful. She is probably having PR-people chosing her dresses right now, but I reall hope that she will develop some style of her own, she is probably scared to make a mistake which is understandable, but right now she looks like a mannequin, not like a real person with a sense for style.
What brings you to this conclusion? Why would you think that she had not chosen the dress herself?
Old 06-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Royal Highness

This dress is wonderful and looks good on Kate but she is too skinny IMO and unfortunately this gown shows it. But the color and details are gorgeous, whole looks is fresh and youthful. I like accessories too. The make-up is a little too heavy (especially the blush), the hair is to die for-long and healthy-looking.
Overall really good, I like the fact that she is promoting British designers.
Can't wait to see her at the Trooping and Canadian tour.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the gown on Catherine, its a different style that what we are used to and bodes well for her future. Wearing her hair down was smart and very youthful and all the accessories pulled everything together. She is incredibly thin! but its still the honeymoon phase so I'm not to worried about it just yet. Now for the eyeliner, I remember one poster saying once that he thought it was tattooed on because its always there and in a perfect shape around the eye. Tattooed makeup seems highly unlike Catherine but who knows, does anyone actually have any recent pics of her without eyeliner?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I love that Jenny Packham dress!Finally an outfit that I love out of her.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

So tomorrow should be a fun day. What color you think she'll be wearing?
A bright and bold one would be nice, however taking into account that the real focus is HM, I'm predicting something more on the subdue side (hope I'm wrong)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

Beautiful dress, demure, glamorous, and subtly sexy at the same time, and that's not an easy balance to achieve. She has quite good taste in that respect and always has.

I like the shoes, too. I realize that many people have a problem with very high heels, and there have been times when the Duchess has worn very high heels and a too-short hemlength, but with a long dress that's not an issue.

Could we PLEASE avoid discussions about weight here? There must be another section in which members could discuss them if they feel it's necessary. I've brought this up before, the fact that this is a fashion forum, not one for debating so-and-so's thinness or for mentioning some tabloid's claim that Prince William wants his wife to be "as thin as possible". We all know how "reliable" the tabloids are.

We're supposed to be talking about clothes. Let's stick to that subject, please.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't think the eyeliner is permanent, she just likes wearing a lot of it. While I do think she can go a little heavy with the eyeliner sometimes, I did actually like her makeup for this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gudgeon View Post
Lots of people referred to pictures of her without eyeliner...I don't recall ever seeing it...can you post some links so I can see how she looks without it? TIA.
I've seen a few photos of her without eyeliner, but I can't seem to find them now. Here are a few where the eyeliner isn't so heavy.

Kate Middleton: Just Jared
Kate and Pippa tumblr- #1
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#2
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#3

I'm looking forward to seeing what she wears this weekend. We've got 3 events right? Polo, Trooping of the Colour and Order of the Garter.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't think the eyeliner is permanent, she just likes wearing a lot of it. While I do think she can go a little heavy with the eyeliner sometimes, I did actually her makeup for this event.

I've seen a few photos of her without eyeliner, but I can't seem to find them now. Here are a few where the eyeliner isn't so heavy.

Kate Middleton: Just Jared
Kate and Pippa tumblr- #1
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#2
Kate and Pippa tumblr-#3

I'm looking forward to seeing what she wears this weekend. We've got 3 events right? Polo, Trooping of the Color and Order of the Garter.
Tnks for all of the pics, Soap

Well there is also the Royal Ascot which we can hope Catherine will attend. Diarist have said that there is a buzz around this. Any chance to see her sporting a nice chapeau has my approval

Closed Thread