The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 1: May 2011 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks absolutely brilliant and she and William make a stunning match. Married life does not treat them bad so far ;) - I like that :)

Love it! not only the dress but the fact that she chose something out of her normal comfort zone. May this be just the beginning!

Definitely different, but not at all bad. She can pull this particular look off, and I'm personally in favor. Love the hair as well. Very nicely cut and colored.

Its okay. Looks like something a D-list star would wear, but the color is nice on her.

LOL - could be something a D-list star would wear but it's so much better on a royal duchess!

That is a nice surprise. If she starts turning up in more outfits from the fashion suggestion thread, we'll know she reads here. Lol.

She looks great. I really like this dress on her.

Cute.
http://i51.tinypic.com/2i92i6d.jpg

I am not crazy about it on the model, but I think the DoC looks smashing in that gown. Her hair and makeup look fabulous!:whistling:

ETA: An upsweep would have really put her over the top...but she still looks beautiful, imo!

Last edited:
There is something on this dress that I find somehow strange. Can't tell what and why. I love the colour. Her make-up, hair are very nice. Maybe it is the upper cut of the dress. Don't know.

An undo would have looked better but Kate looks amazing. I love the dress on her than the model!

Lovely :D

I know that everyone (most people) seem to want DofCa to have her hair up but I have now reached the opinion that it wouldn't be right. I personally didn't like the bun the other day but I think that is because she always wears her hair down and seems to be comfortable with it.

Saying that though, there are times when it would be appropriate to have her hair up (but mainly to keep it tidy).

(Just my opinion, so don't shoot me :D)

I'll stop rambling now!!

I think a loose chignon would have gone with the "mood" of this evening gown PERFECTLY.

I did not like the way she wore it at the Derby because it didn't go well with the severe little hat...in fact the entire ensemble seemed mismatched.

I was disappointed with the Derby outfit...but not with this Jenny Packham gown! I like it.

OMG.....I L.O.V.E her shoes! I actually was thinking of ordering them and having them shipped from England.....until I figured how much they would end up costing me! LOL!!!!!:lol:
checked out the web site and I must say that I love the vast majority of all the shoes. Wish they were carried here in the states.

I think a loose chignon would have gone with the "mood" of this evening gown PERFECTLY.

I did not like the way she wore it at the Derby because it didn't go well with the severe little hat...in fact the entire ensemble seemed mismatched.

I was disappointed with the Derby outfit...but not with this Jenny Packham gown! I like it.

Yep, that makes a lot more sense than what I was babbling on about :flowers:

Beautiful! Everything looks perfect!

I like the dress, but I'm disappointed that it was worn first by that actress on the Gossip Girl show.

(Although I believe Catherine looks better in it).

Wow. She is stunning!!!

Seems she's had adjusted quickly into her Role as Duchess....Guaranteed, THEY will have HELP and not only in London..She has tasted what Royal Like is like..
Mark my words..

She's moving on up!

She looks lovely, she needs a hairdresser.

Mia_mae said:

Sorry I don't like the streaks of blonde

soapstar said:

Love the dress, shoes...everything....! the blonde streaks look nice here- far less harsh...but agree with plp and updo would have been a tad better!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-30R_rfQ8r...AAOUQ/lOdYdZ9s6BQ/s1600/14533266816_6R4hp.jpg

More pics (sorry if posted already)-
http://m.zimbio.com/pictures/KIQ_ZnHKeiE/ARK+10th+Anniversary+Gala+Dinner/geCGGY_N8Ci
Scroll to find Kate and William

Last edited:
Kate looks very glam what is exactly what is needed for such an event, they make a great couple!

Now that I have seen better quality pics of the gown, I love it! LOL. And Prince William in a tux!! What can I say?

Last edited:
I like Kate's outfit from the Derby. Less sure about the gala dress, except for the shoes! I would wear those in a heartbeat!

I thought Catherine looked wonderful. The dress was not to my taste, but I thought it worked for her, and it was good to see her glam it up a bit. I think she might have real potential to develop as a fashion icon in time.

OMG.....I L.O.V.E her shoes! I actually was thinking of ordering them and having them shipped from England.....until I figured how much they would end up costing me! LOL!!!!!:lol:
checked out the web site and I must say that I love the vast majority of all the shoes. Wish they were carried here in the states.

I think LK Bennett do sell in the US now, so you should be able to get them. Have a look at their website, I think they do have some US retai operations.

Last edited:
I am so glad that the Duchess of Cambridge has gone for the glamourous but discreet look. She is not a 'celebrity' - she is a working member of the Royal Family. There is a fine line there. I thought she looked lovely.

I favour the view that she should keep her hair down if she feels comfortable with it that way. Even loose chignons can make some people look severe. I feel sure that, over the years, she will experiment with her hair, but she has so much new to deal with that being comfortable with her hair down probably helps! :)

Only disappointing part of her overall look looking at the pictures again was her heavy make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom