The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The skirt is a tad bit short but she looks really nice.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:27 PM

She looks really lovely. Classy and youthful at the same time. Love the hair and the hat....and her tan legs are to die for. I do wonder if the jacket would have looked better with three-quarter length sleeves...

Old 06-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

The chapeau was a perfect selection, imo.
Some details about the outfit. The jacket is a Joseph Nessie Tweed, different color of course Joseph Women's Short Nessie Jacket | Jules B
and the shoes are from LK Bennett L.K. Bennett Sledge Shoe Colour Light Taupe Online via Style Compare
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ
That's a great hat, thank you MRSJ! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Did anyone notice her hair color is different or is it just me?
I like the white of outfit most because of the tan.
It seems to me the same on the basis of the photo posted by MRSJ.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
Did anyone notice her hair color is different or is it just me?
Maybe a bit lighter bc she's been in the sun for her honeymoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic
That's a great hat, thank you MRSJ! :)
You're welcome. I posted more in their current events thread :) I always find the greatest photos on TRF's instead of the papers/magazines because we have awesome posters!
Old 06-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Nobility

her hair color is a warm shade. looks more reddish..look at the muscles in her calves. HRH William looks thinner...
Old 06-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Kate attended the Investec Derby Festival today. She looks really good and I adore her shoes.

Kate Middleton looks white hot at the Epsom Derby - mirror.co.uk

ETA: Sorry for the broken links. The new link should work for everyone.
Wow, Kate looks great!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

http://whatkatewore.com/2011/06/04/k...t-epsom-derby/

What Kate Wore-

I guess it's a Reis dress and sweater .....explains why it didn't seem to match
Old 06-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

I like the Derby look, with the exception of the fact that the skirt is just a touch too short. With heels that high, an inch longer would have resulted in a more proportionate look.

As for whether the skirt and jacket are different shades, I think what we're seeing is actually different fabric densities. It's not uncommon even for very expensive designers to pair a thin, floaty skirt/dress with a heavier jacket. I've always rather liked the look.

The hat is killingly chic, and wearing her hair up with it was exactly the right choice.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I loved Catherine's hat a lot, but I was unsure of the entire ensemble. I adored her shoes, however.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Loved the look ... especially the new hair style. Only makes me wish that she had worn her hair in this style for the wedding --- would have made a perfect topper for the perfect dress :)
Old 06-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Catherine looks really pretty, I like more the jacket that the skirt. The shoes are good. She looks lovely with the hair pulled up. The hat is very pretty.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Majesty

Catherine looks older with her hair up. Perhaps today she was trying for a more mature/sophisticated look. Not bad at all.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Someone on the Fashion Spot noticed that Kate's shoes were from L.K. Bennett London.

Sledge2 Court Taupe L.K.Bennett

I like her hair in this style and the color does appear to be a little lighter.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Adore the hat and her hair up in a smart bun - jury for me is out on the outfit. The Reiss dress is lovely but just not sure if it was right at the Derby and the jacket is smart but is abit heavy for the floaty chiffon aspect of the dress. It is a good investment jacket and hopefully she will be able to wear it with other outifts. Shoes are great (Sophie and Eugenie have the same pair - both wore them at Easter) L K Bennett shoes are great and so comfy to wear and not expensive.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like everything about the outfit but the hat. Really like her hairdo.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Not crazy about this outfit I like the idea of it but maybe it is the colour BUT her hair is out of her face and it is quite cute with the bun to the side. Shoes are nothing special and the bag is okay.
I have to agree with you LadyMac... I find the skirt way too short.The hair out of Catherine's face is different for a change and quite becoming as it shows her features more.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Nobility

Nice to see Catherine out and about.
Love her hair up for a change.
She looks lovely, dress is a little too short.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

As a first formal outing as Duchess of Cambridge I think she has done very well. I loves the white contrasted with the neutral hat clutch and (divine) shoes.

However, I think the dress is a little too short even though it is obvious that she has very long legs and it was not in the least vulgar. The chiffon type material in the skirt is also something that needs to be avoided for open air appearances as she is at the mercy of the elements and we do not want any "wardrobe malfunctions".

I loved her up-do and over time she will finesse the "finish" required, but the style was lovely and suited her chapeau. Perhaps Zara could give her a few hints on how to achieve the shine immaculate finish desired.

Overall an A for a first outing and for having the confidence to use an up-do, which is something that neither of the York girls have yet even attempted.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
As a first formal outing as Duchess of Cambridge I think she has done very well. I loves the white contrasted with the neutral hat clutch and (divine) shoes.

However, I think the dress is a little too short even though it is obvious that she has very long legs and it was not in the least vulgar. The chiffon type material in the skirt is also something that needs to be avoided for open air appearances as she is at the mercy of the elements and we do not want any "wardrobe malfunctions".

I loved her up-do and over time she will finesse the "finish" required, but the style was lovely and suited her chapeau. Perhaps Zara could give her a few hints on how to achieve the shine immaculate finish desired.

Overall an A for a first outing and for having the confidence to use an up-do, which is something that neither of the York girls have yet even attempted.
Nice summary. I agree with you that DofC II(the younger) looked smashing.Very lovely, youthful and well put together.

The York princesses are in a very different position than DofC II. I actually like many of the outfits the rest of the posters have fits about. They are individualists and somewhat eccentric in their choices and I like that. I would bet that the queen has fun with their choices as well or they would not be as experimental as they are. They appear to have a close relationship with their grand mother and would most certainly not upset her. I rather look at the York princesses than other young royal women looking like young versions of older matrons.