The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Oh she looks beautiful here! I love the shoes and the pearls.

She looks beautiful! LOVE the pearls with the black...and a nice heel!

LaRae

Ok what's the ring on her right hand??

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these new...don't recall seeing the ring and necklace before..?

LaRae

Are these new...don't recall seeing the ring and necklace before..?

LaRae

I feel like she's worn mabe pearl earrings before and it may be that those are part of this set but I can't find them

According to Twitter, the jewelry is Balenciaga?

According to Twitter, the jewelry is Balenciaga?

It's the Eugenia set, earrings were debut at Trooping of Colour 2016. :flowers:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_DQb-UHG...E8ih1ffUsFmly_QCLcB/s1600/2016-0617-kate3.png
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zVAw_EFP...rnYNohFhDQCLcB/s1600/2017-0317-kateparis5.png
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BLyNuvjs...UZctnRDaxwCLcB/s1600/2017-0317-kateparis6.png

Close up of what I think is a matching jewellery set.

And we're shiny tonight;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7JKpkZX0AABtBw.jpg

First images.

Clearer pictures;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7JLhhnX0AQbL-T.jpg

We're in an ice blue gown from Jenny Packham.

Looks sensational

(...)

I dont overly care for the black McQueen reception dress but i do love that Kate changed up her shoe choice and debuted something for trendy and current with the ankle strap and block heel.

Exquisite. A French designer maybe ?

Ice blue gown by Jenny Packham

Love the blue gown too and I see the sparkly shoes too!

Wow, Catherine's gown is breathtakingly beautiful. I love that soft shade of view and the flowers add a magical, spring like touch.

The duchess looks beautiful in that gown and the jewels are just perfect.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 -

I like the black dress, but I really love the pearls. The necklace is a nice twist on a classic piece of jewelry. I like the texture and fabric of the dress. It's different.

The ice blue dress is stunning. One of her best imo. It does have a magical quality to it.

Last edited:
I have been underwhelmed by McQueen for some time, and there is something about the black dress I don't like. Maybe tank top style or the leather belt, I don't know. Open hair doesnt help.
I dont overly care for the black McQueen reception dress but i do love that Kate changed up her shoe choice and debuted something for trendy and current with the ankle strap and block heel.
It depends on the lighting. This dress looks cheap with extreme flash one but the DM has photos up and it shows the dress in a more favourable light.

Kate and Wills begin their Brexit charm offensive in Paris | Daily Mail Online

I don't know about this one. It's not my favourite.
Catherine started the day in the UK looking very elegant in a percher hat and gorgeous, full-skirted military style coat , but once she ditched the hat and went for the ingenue look in Paris, she lost me. She is way too old to be playing that card, and the collar and sundry buttons disappeared under her beautiful but voluminous hair.

The black cocktail gown looked awful. You called it DoM, a curious tank top with a leather belt with that material looks clunky. The curious bell-shape skirt from the waist down is definitely too long and chunky and the raggedy lace fringe flare at the bottom seems at war with the straight ankle strap of her very nice shoes. Full marks for the shoes.

And finally an evening dress that should have looked magnificent, but didn't. I love the ice blue colour and was surprised at the depth of colour with the embroidery, the three-quarter sleeves were quite elegant and very Catherine. But I have trouble with the skirt. When she is standing still it looks amazing but, when she moves, the embroidery has the weird effect of pulling the skirt up in the centre like a set of lace curtains. I am gobsmacked by the shoes. They look like two shapeless sparkly lumps whose style and colour had nothing in common with her evening gown.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums...00000578-4324570-image-m-50_1489779851770.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/17/19/3E6148D000000578-4324570-image-a-51_1489779856770.jpg

As for her hair, well if you are doing your thing for the UK in France and swanking big time in Paris, you had better take your 'A' game and she didn't. I think she should have taken her hairdresser with her because that hairstyle she wore with her evening gown is the very same one my 11 year old wears to school every day and was executed with the same amount of finesse. If she did take her hairdresser she'd to well to fire her.

I like the black dress, but I really love the pearls. The necklace is a nice twist on a classic piece of jewelry. I like the texture and fabric of the dress. It's different.

The ice blue dress is stunning. One of her best imo. It does have a magical quality to it.

Me too and more please! That black dress, when seen in the right lighting with at pearl necklace/earrings is to die for. A very classically styled dress, in a trendy if solid black fabric. The shoe choice is so fresh and that frilled hem adds just a bit of interest to the bottom half.

In the country of Coco Chanel, less is more and between the pearls and the black sheath she was spot on IMO.

In the stairs photos of the ice blue dress, it looked like there was a lot of piecing going on with the bodice of that dress. I was ready to be disappointed. Then the closer photo (again, you have to light the dress so that it can be captured in a snap) revealed a scoop slip under the lacy overdress. Thank the gods, she nailed this!

And can I just say, like the Queen, Anne, and the best of the rest, Kate brings energy to her look ALL DAY AND NIGHT LONG. I would have been exhausted, but she was ready to work the crowd and the tables. I give her a lot of credit for her stamina.

I know a lot of you hate her hair. I don't - in fact, I admire it. Someday, she will cut it and there will be a new kind of outcry. Until then, I can live with the fact that she pulls her hair back the same way my niece does. Because Wills pulls his pants on the same way my nephew does. :eek::p

I liked all of Kate's choices for Paris. She looked gorgeous.

She looked beautiful. And it was a succesful fashion day. That said I was disappointed. Her day clothes wasn't expecting anything new, her usual style. But her evening looks she sometimes breaks her mould and tries something new. Being in Paris I had hopes she would be a bit daring , or at least outside her usual box. Sadly she stayed safe. Beautiful but safe,

I actually like the black look best. It's simple, but if you are going to go simple, a little black dress is the way to go. A bit if a change for her. What I really love is the jewelry. I usually stay away from pearls, I find them old lady like. But this is a fantastic modern design (not a fan of the earrings of the sets look like grandmas clip one from the fifties but the necklace is great).

The blue the color is stunning. And I love the embroidery :flowers:

Her hair:ermm:

Again she looked beautiful. Just wish she had gone outside her box in Paris.

Last edited:
Thought I hated the ankle straps with the tea length black dress but then I changed my mind. The fake jewelry and leather belt are,still a no no. The ice blue gown was perfection, just the hair looked like a schoolgirl, what a shame

And finally an evening dress that should have looked magnificent, but didn't. I love the ice blue colour and was surprised at the depth of colour with the embroidery, the three-quarter sleeves were quite elegant and very Catherine. But I have trouble with the skirt. When she is standing still it looks amazing but, when she moves, the embroidery has the weird effect of pulling the skirt up in the centre like a set of lace curtains. I am gobsmacked by the shoes. They look like two shapeless sparkly lumps whose style and colour had nothing in common with her evening gown.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums...00000578-4324570-image-m-50_1489779851770.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/17/19/3E6148D000000578-4324570-image-a-51_1489779856770.jpg

As for her hair, well if you are doing your thing for the UK in France and swanking big time in Paris, you had better take your 'A' game and she didn't. I think she should have taken her hairdresser with her because that hairstyle she wore with her evening gown is the very same one my 11 year old wears to school every day and was executed with the same amount of finesse. If she did take her hairdresser she'd to well to fire her.

Exactly what I was thinking about the JP dress & hair!!

I din't like either the black dress or the black tie gown. I just don't know how either could have been considered appealing in .. PARIS... good lord both should have been amazing but she looks like she has been playing dress up ... they are both shapeless and plain on her ... and that (..) hair of hers always rank amateur in style and I am afraid wearing it down too horrible ... (..)

I don't understand the wearing of a watch with the little black dress. I think it ruins the spirit of the outfit.

I do love the ice blue evening gown, it's quite stunning and fits her perfectly. But for some reason I really dislike those sparkly shoes. I don't care how much they cost, they just kinda look cheap to me. Now, the black shoes with the ankle straps....TO DIE FOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom