The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A better dress tonight ,perfect for a warm summers evening.I didn't like last nights choice at all.

I don't think the colour suits her. Not a fan of the dress or the sandals.

I don't care for it either; she has much better dresses.
But I suppose she wanted to wear a German designer to please her hosts.

(She can always retire this after she gets home).

Really like this dress, splash of colour but an all round nice print. I actually love these shoes, she seems to have them in a variety of colours and we woman usually do that because they fit well.

But what I want is for someone to tell William to stop mixing colours in his clothes. Earlier we had brown, black, navy and white. Now it's a mis match. Like ugh!

I have to say, I prefer this dress and even the shoes to the red dress outfit. I too think that William needs some advice about his colour choices, and that jacket looks a bit creased as well.

Not a good look IMO, dark and downy. This dress is to dark for her, all I see is a mass of dark fabric and those shoes are horrible, are they really shoes to begin with? Do not like the print of the fabric nor the color, yet the style would be nice in a different fabric.

William, now is that jacket made out of linen? I looked closely at the pictures and could not decided if it was linen or something else. The color is nice on him as always and the pattern in the fabric is very nice, so does anyone know the designer of this jacket that could help tell us what it is made of. Maybe the valet if there is one could of had it pressed before hand...that would of helped with the wrinkles.

I really like this dress and also how she has worn a German designer. The colours suit Catherine well.

Iam not crazy about this dress but she looks ok, she has the same shoes in black! I do not know from which designer are her shoes but I really like them

I always liked Catherine's style, and this trip proves once again my liking for her fashion (I would love to own some of her clothes), HOWEVER, one thing that I always disliked was her choice of shoes. Now that's one ugly pair she's got! I wish she had more taste when it comes to shoes, this trip it was mostly cream color, quite boring...

:previous: I have to agree! I think she bought a job lot of these particular wavy style sandals in different heights and colours and none of them flatters her.

William can't dress, it's sad but true. His father and brother have much better style so I have no idea where he gets his drab taste from.

I like the style of the dress, the belt, the shoes, and the bracelet. The center part in her hair looks awful.

Dislike this dress too. It just looks like too little fabric. Only she, with her super slim figure, could wear such a straight dress and look nice with the belt on it. Anyone else would look like a sausage. I like the shoes, but the heels are way too high affecting her posture adversely

William can't dress, it's sad but true. His father and brother have much better style so I have no idea where he gets his drab taste from.

Absolutely agree! William needs a stylist desperately!

I like Catherine's dress, and the shoes - if they were in black. I also think she needs her heels to be a bit lower - she clearly struggles with very high heels as her posture is dreadful!

I actually really like this dark green patterned dress. It suits her and I like the silver belt. Not crazy about the shoe ..but I prefer this to the red boho type dress. I like the pearl bracelet too!

LaRae

Oh I don't think William cares a bit about what folks think about his clothing...he strikes me as that sort of personality <G>

LaRae

I think the dress is beautiful but you really do need to be tall with long legs and just the right kind of slim to have any hope of looking good in it. I think Kate pulls it off and the more pictures I've seen the more I've liked it.

I usually look forward to her tours. One time I usually find myself excited. But this one has been a mix of meh and disappointing.

While this is better then the red, that isn't saying much. It's blah, not the most flattering length wise. Bit dark and gloomy. And I hate the shoes.

As bizarre as the black lines on her white dress were, if I had to vote for best look of tour (day or night) it would win. Only overly interesting.

Not a good look IMO, dark and downy. This dress is to dark for her, all I see is a mass of dark fabric and those shoes are horrible, are they really shoes to begin with? Do not like the print of the fabric nor the color, yet the style would be nice in a different fabric.

William, now is that jacket made out of linen? I looked closely at the pictures and could not decided if it was linen or something else. The color is nice on him as always and the pattern in the fabric is very nice, so does anyone know the designer of this jacket that could help tell us what it is made of. Maybe the valet if there is one could of had it pressed before hand...that would of helped with the wrinkles.

The problem with linen jackets is that they do crease shortly after you wear them, valet or no valet. I dont think a slightly creased jacket is the end of the world at all!

Absolutely agree! William needs a stylist desperately!

Oh I don't think William cares a bit about what folks think about his clothing...he strikes me as that sort of personality <G>

LaRae

Actually William is dressed in the classic, slightly on-trend way a British gentleman would do smart casual.

I recognize that sartorial tastes and preferences vary considerably across the world, and especially between Europe and the US, but from a UK perspective, William was dressed just fine.

I'm from the UK and for me he wasn't dressed fine. His clothes are mis-matched darker shades. He looks like he got dressed in the dark. He needs to get someone to create him some complete outfits, not just pick as he goes.

I feel like I should like this green print dress but I just don't. I think it's the high neck, sleeveless, slim line look combo. Something about the top part of it. Nice belt.

Lovely dress and those sexy high heeled sandals were nice find. I like that she wore the belt to accentuate her slim waist.
I think Catherine looked tons better in this dress than the model showing this dress:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kFtYbsn_...YTousTYwB2dumbmyg0jOdkwCLcBGAs/s1600/mlup.jpg
Good gracious you are right. That model looks like a JC Penny catalogue would reject her. And if you want to talk about bad posture just look at this chick.

As for William's style, I think it is too late for him. He is too set in his bad taste ways and if the genes of Diana and Charles plus the influence of Harry and Kate can't help him then nothing can.

One thing that has puzzled me is that evening wear can be *anything* you wear in the evening? This does not strike me as evening wear, given that, this is a very nice dress coat and hat. Catherine looks really great in this color from what I see here. I like the cut of the outfit and it seems to fit very well on her. I like that she is wearing her hair up a bit more these days also. And a beautiful hat perched on her head makes a perfect outfit for the day/evening.
One thing, suede shoes in the summer, a nice patent leather would of looked better IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom