The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The black dress was nice, the hair could've been styled better and differently for the look. I think a soft bun or a soft up-do would've looked nice especially with the necklace. But, overall was not her best.

The Jenny Packham dress, I don't know where to start, with Catherine's look or the dress with a shiny lining. Nothing about the look or Catherine's appearance was nice. The hair, come one, a dresses like that sure needed better hairstyling, if she didn't have her hair dresser on hand, she could've hired someone.

I thought her evening appearance would be so much more glamorous.

Last edited:
The ice blue JP dress is one i would like to see again at a state banquet with her hair up and the lotus flower tiara. And i am sure it wilt reused. Jenny Packham is 'queen' of the evening look for Kate and a great design partnership

The silver dress is very nice. I think that Kate looked stunning. The only complain that I have is about the fabric: it looked heavy.

I love the ice blue/silver dress and think she looks fantastic in it.

I must have terrible taste. I thought that Catherine -and her hair- looked elegant, and suitable, and quite beautiful in each of her evening ensembles. She's a princess, not a model who needs to look perfect for only a few minutes while her photograph is taken.

I like both dresses but being contrary, preferred the black one.

Not to my taste. She has so many lace dresses -yawn!

She does seem very fond of lace, but for the occasion, the dress looks fine. I really like Kate in green, and I especially like the earrings.

The dress is lovely and a great color on her, but why does it seem that we keep seeing this look on her. Kinda getting a bit boring, love the earrings though.

Love the color and I like the lace...but I don't like the top. It would of been much nicer if they had done something different with the top...the scoop liner or whatever it is looks odd.

LaRae

It's nice, but I feel like I've seen her in this ten times before, even if it's new :whistling:

Love the color and I like the lace...but I don't like the top. It would of been much nicer if they had done something different with the top...the scoop liner or whatever it is looks odd.

LaRae
It actually has a semi-low scoop at the back that I like. I hop we get to see it with an updo in the future :)

It actually has a semi-low scoop at the back that I like. I hop we get to see it with an updo in the future :)

I think I would of liked it better if it had been solid ...or a different configuration of the lining placement....

LaRae

kate looks statuesque no matter what she wears... the fit it just perfect (even if the dress design wouldn't be my top choice on a rack, kate makes it come alive).

Yes it does seem that all Catherine's lace dresses are merging into an amorphous blob. The thing that distinguishes this one is the layering of lace, which is a little different but the contrast of lace against skin on the arms, decolletage and shoulders is both spidery to look at and way too stark although the green is beautiful and it does suit her.

However, I don't think the gold clutch and the shoes suited it at all and looked pallid and washed-out against the depth of the green.

All in all, I like Camilla's green lace an awful lot better and she's having a lot more fun with her jewellery!

The green gown is stunning. She looks wonderful.

Her hair is lovely. And the earrings are stunning :flowers:

And I love the color if the dress. Green is lovely on her :)

That said, another boring lace dress. I agree with the atmospheric blob comment.

I find this lace matronly/aging. And the layering is weird, the area just above her knees draws awkward attention.

Last edited:
Great appearance with the green gown. She looked rested with perfect makeup and nicely styled, glossy, bouncy hair which let us see the earrings.

Yes the earrings are gorgeous! Most of her jewelry is though.

LaRae

I like the dress but I don't think it likes Catherine. From the videos she can't seem to walk very well in it but that might just be the angle. The colour is lovely and I think if you suit lace, there's not harm in sticking to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom