The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..it's a great color for her and of she looks fine in the dress ..it's just kinda flat..needs something ...jewelry even casual jewelry would of helped. Looks incomplete.

LaRae

Just NO ! Ghastly throwback to bad 70s, home-made elasticated monstrosities, thrown together by overenthusiastic Mothers on their sewing machines for their distinctly unenthusiastic teenage daughters...

This is just HIDEOUS..

I think the shoes dont go well with the style of the dress

I agree!! Nice dress but miss something to say Wow!!

Red Dress (McQueen) for this evenings birthday party in Berlin;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFHff7UXcAAth_h.jpg

Super interesting!
She looks so cute and it is a different style for her. I'm happy to see she is being so unique with her style this time around; Ive never been so impressed with so many looks in such close succession. And for a woman who is so thin this just fits her well and gives her the appearance of curves.

She looks beautiful! Her looks have so much more personality these days

The red dress is very beautiful. It's a great style.

I think Catherine rocked the red dress tonight. That colour is gorgeous.

Well..it's a great color for her and of she looks fine in the dress ..it's just kinda flat..needs something ...jewelry even casual jewelry would of helped. Looks incomplete.

LaRae

Check out her red earrings. They're cute, fun and go perfectly with the summer dress. I think a necklace might have clashed with the neckline/off the shoulder look.

The more I look at the dress, the more I like it. She wears off the shoulder dresses well. It's cute, summery, and different from her usual style.

Yeah I saw them...meh. Maybe a choker....or a necklace that was high up close to the bottom of her throat.

LaRae

Pretty color on her, but she should have worn her hair up in order to show the earrings. Without any (visible) jewelry, the dress looks too plain.

Although I love the colour, I don't like the styling of this dress. Agree that if she'd worn her hair up, added a striking necklace and a different shade of shoes it would have helped. She has some great evening dresses which she has worn on just one public occasion, I wish she would repeat some of these teamed with some new accessories rather than add new, unremarkable gowns such as this.

Doesn't really fit in with the rest of the guests, looks like beach to me. All of the shirring adds the appearance of curves to her which is a plus, but it is too plain, I guess a necklace could have helped

I don't usually like off the shoulder style dresses but Kate carries it off. She's tall so it doesn't seem as unbalanced on her as it usually does to me. I also love the color. I don't really like the ribbons at the sleeves. Overall I think it looks good, though. And I truly can't say it enough, I love the new hair length and style.

I like the dress, particularly how it moves. But it needs a touch of zing!
Not a necklace because the neckline make that tricky. So maybe a belt - as its a tad boho maybe "gold coins" or links to brighten it up. Or statement earrings (needs hair to be up - but still in a lose style)

I like the shoes and having seen details of the earrings she wore they are terrific but hair needed to be up for them, IMO.

Hot day apparently - relaxed style matching others there.

Overall its a win.

I just wish William would ditch the blue suits (how many does he need)

I usually like tours for Kate usually steps it up. But this one is just meh :ermm:

This red dress looks like she is going to a beach. Looks like the elastic dresses nana brought us back from Mexico. Not a good look for occasion.

The color is lovely though.

She should have worn her hair up, to show off earrings and her bare shoulders.

On the boat of those who say needs a necklace of other accessories. Would still not be huge fan of the Mexican fiesta look. But at least make it feel a bit less beach and more summer reception.

This is so cute on her, what a difference this is. This shows a different side to Catherine and I like it, the color is great on her and the style is relaxing and looks down to earth for her, not the fancy gowns she wears all the time. I can't seem to find pictures of those earrings that everyone is talking about yet I agree that some bling is needed there, hair up in loose waves and earrings with a few gold bracelets would really make this dress pop. And flats not heels of any kind would be better.

M.Payton look in Kate's jewelry section on the group...you'll see pics there!

LaRae

:previous:
Thank you very much for the directions to the earrings, I love earrings so wanting to see what she wore with this dress....:flowers:?

This off-the-shoulder berry red dress looks very beautiful and it suits her perfectly. Its more relaxed style and she seems to find it comfortable to wear. I would have added a lovely brooch/long necklace/belt or some interesting hair pin, because overall style seemed to lack something.
I really like her hair this length, it looks very thick and healthy and makes her look younger.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/265122.jpg
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/265124.jpg

Great dress for a beach party.

I like that she tried something new but it didn't work. The dress is lovely and a great color and style. The shoes are pretty but not with the dress (I think these shoes would looked great with the Erdem outfit in Poland), the red earrings were just too red with the dress. The overall was boring as she didn't accessorize it properly.

Just NO ! Ghastly throwback to bad 70s, home-made elasticated monstrosities, thrown together by overenthusiastic Mothers on their sewing machines for their distinctly unenthusiastic teenage daughters...

This is just HIDEOUS..

I quite agree - total miss for me for this event!

I agree! It's very unusual but it's a beautiful summer dress and I love it.;)

I like the "concept" but I don't like the execution or how she looks. The bust area reminds me of Madonna's cones and her hair makes her older than her years.

I like it, but it's too long; that makes her look dowdy. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom