The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's really not competing with a reining monarch. Can you imagine if she'd of worn something similar in style or color to Letizia? The media would be chewing her up, not to mention the detractors.

I would love to see a good pic of her in the whole dress.

LaRae

Letizia is not a reigning monarch, but still you are right.

Kate's time will come, as Queen consort of the UK she will outshine everyone anyway.

It's amazing, I have friends in the US and the coverage of the State Visit over there is - even though there is only a blurry photo of Kate - all about Kate and wearing Diana's diadem.
For many people who are not exactly royal watchers there is only one monarchy, the Brits.

Letizia is not a reigning monarch, but still you are right.

Kate's time will come, as Queen consort of the UK she will outshine everyone anyway.

It's amazing, I have friends in the US and the coverage of the State Visit over there is - even though there is only a blurry photo of Kate - all about Kate and wearing Diana's diadem.
For many people who are not exactly royal watchers there is only one monarchy, the Brits.

Oh yes my mistake!

Very few folks here know or care anything much about any monarchy but of course due to history they will, at least in some point of their lives, heard of the Brits and there is almost no coverage of any other country's monarchy except maybe a blurb in passing when someone dies or marries. Maybe.

LaRae

A powder blue dress by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, very plain & boring, the top is like a t-shirt. I don't like the shoes but the most horrible is the hair, beauty pageant curls gone wrong what makes her look like a middle aged housewife.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017...0_other_new_displays_c-m-63_1499977615371.jpg

Totally wrong outfit!

The dress is too pale, boring and looks like a t-shirt paired with a skirt.

The shoes are nice but not with this dress. The clutch was nice enough but the color was off. You had powder blue dress, purple/gold clutch and black shoes.

The hair looks great short but the curls didn't look good and the parting should stop, it simply doesn't flatter her in anyway.

Well..it's different for sure..all the folks who say she's boring will have to review that somewhat.

I love the style of the dress but I'm not sure about the design ..the random black lines are just weird to me.

Love her jewelry and hair!

LaRae

:previous:

Well I wonder why some think she is boring, she can't be dressed to the nines all the time, as for this dress......from the top to the waist a great dress on her, now the bottom.....what is that going on there? Those black lines sticking out and the way the fabric is sticking out.....not liking this one bit. Different yes and I think an acquired taste.?

Adore the jewels, and love the hair pulled back.

I like the dress on, because it's different and the colours do suit Catherine.

I just don't think I like the dress itself. The structure across the top of the dress is too pointy for me, it extenuates the wrong part of her body.

I like the dress, and it was gracious of her to wear something by a Polish designer.

I rarely think she's is boring in her clothes...she's found a style that suits her and sticks with it just like almost every woman I know in real life.

Different...I was trying to be nice <G> I am generally not fond of any of the so called 'fashion forward' things.

LaRae

I don't like the dress but hair and jewels accessories are really good!

Yay..there's more than 2 of us now not so sure about the dress <G>

LaRae

The dress is very structural and made of v stiff material. Its a quite complex design - I like it.

I can't say I love the dress. But I love that Kate is wearing it! It's fun, it's quirky, it's fashion, it's structural. It's a risk. But a risk based on a very standard Kate silouette! And the styling is traditional, which works very well. I like it!

I'm not sure about the random black lines, but otherwise I like the dress. It's a good style and fit for her. I like the leafy (?) styled belt.

Her hair is fabulous, and I love the pearl necklace. It's such a fun, yet elegant, piece.

I don't care for the top of the dress but the dress as a whole is very interesting. It's great that she's wearing a polish designer and I like that she's mixing it up a it recently with her fashion choices.

Hair, make up, jewellery, etc are all spot on.

I often call Kate boring therefore i love this different and daring dress on her, for me the look works. A Polish designer is a great choice.

Brava! Nice styling, too! Head to toe good stuff, while using a local designer and making a more edgy fashion choice than usual.

I'm glad to see a neat updo, and in general I do like the concept of this white dress with black lines. There is something rather odd going on with the dart lines in the bosom area, but I think this is something new and different and fresh. Good to see a Polish design too.

Love the dress! The hair and jewels are perfect

Catherine's hair and makeup look amazing and her faux pearl earrings and necklace work extremely well with the cut of the dress.

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the dress itself. The jagged black lines make the skirt look stiff and the piping at the neck goes around the neck on the right and stops half way up the neckline on the left. Too wonky an effect to lend itself to elegance although Catherine gave it her best shot.

Too wonky a

Sorry not going to change my opinion she is boring. When 9/10 you wear the same standard silhouettes, the 1 time you differ doesn't make you not boring. Her evening clothes she at least takes chances. Her day looks how often do we say, is that a recycle it looks like...... And if not, well looks it's an inch shorter I'd a shade darker. Today's day look prime example.

Tonight......

Glad she took a chance. I like evenings (her casual looks best) as she does try. But that said the random lines are bizarre and not that flattering.

Her hair looks stunning. And I love the pearl necklace :flowers:

Not huge fan of ear bobs, but dress modern enough, they work well.

Other then risk, thing I love about dress is belt. Love the detail.

Nice touch going with a polish designer. I was a tad worried she'd do as she dud in Canada, wear a British designer but Canadian flag color. This was great.

Catherine's hair and makeup look amazing and her faux pearl earrings and necklace work extremely well with the cut of the dress.

Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the dress itself. The jagged black lines make the skirt look stiff and the piping at the neck goes around the neck on the right and stops half way up the neckline on the left. Too wonky an effect to lend itself to elegance although Catherine gave it her best shot.

Too wonky a

I thought maybe they were real pearls?

LaRae

Totally wrong outfit!

The dress is too pale, boring and looks like a t-shirt paired with a skirt.

The shoes are nice but not with this dress. The clutch was nice enough but the color was off. You had powder blue dress, purple/gold clutch and black shoes.

The hair looks great short but the curls didn't look good and the parting should stop, it simply doesn't flatter her in anyway.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017...0_other_new_displays_c-m-63_1499977615371.jpg

I really like this dress actually, and I find Kate's clothes boring more often than not.

I like her shorter hair but I think she could wear it back, or up, more - that would enhance outfits like this one which may seem boring.

As for the white dress she wore today, I didn't mind it, but the chest area was a bit questionable...it could have been designed better.

I like the dress. Its kind of structural and edgy, a lot more different from the dresses she has worn before. Also nice tribute to wear something by the Polish designer.
Her updo and jewellery looked beautiful and well matched with the dress.

:previous:

Well I wonder why some think she is boring, she can't be dressed to the nines all the time, as for this dress......from the top to the waist a great dress on her, now the bottom.....what is that going on there? Those black lines sticking out and the way the fabric is sticking out.....not liking this one bit. Different yes and I think an acquired taste.?

Well, you can't change your mind to the opposite just because she wore one nice outfit which isn't boring. More likely, I would think, this time she looked great! Sometimes she does dress boringly. Everybody has a view on fashion and its always different, we wont always agree with one another on whats nice, what isn't, colors, cuts etc.Opinions need to be respected even though one doesn't agree.

Lovely dress and I love the black lines. This really was something different and it suited her well. I liked the black pumps with the tie around her ankles and the black clutch. Im not fond of the pearls, they look bulky but did look good with the outfit.

I find the white and black dress terrible. One of her worst looks. It's a great style but not the design.

The jagged part of the bottom half of Catherine's dress ruins it for me. I like the design and the dress itself really suits Catherine but the jagged part seems unnecessary. Still; it's lovely that she wore a Polish designer.

The style of the white Polish gown is impressive though I'm not in love with the jagged design; but I feel the overall look is still a plus.

I love this dress. It's different but not overly fussy. It's still quite simple. And I love the aplique on the waistline...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom