The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Marchesa dress was a nice dress, nice fit and a great color of Catherine but the rest was a total miss and messy. The hair shouldve been pulled all up, the earrings i red, long and childish IMO, nothing pretty about them. She should've worn nice studs. The clutch and heels in maroon, boring! They should've been in black.

The whole look was too maroon, couldn't get a clear view of her earrings with the open hair.

It's a pity because Catherine has the nice outfits and sometimes it's just ruined with the easiest things like hair and accessories.

Personally, I like the matchy-matchy look occasionally when you are a Princess. So the dress, shoes and bag are okay. I am not a fan of the earrings, but if she had to wear them, then she should have styled her hair differently so that they were visible.

As someone with long hair, I often wear my hair long with earrings that dangle to give a glimpse and whisper of color or sparkle as you walk. I don't think all earrings are meant to be 'Seen'. Personally these are earrings I would own and I def would not put may hair up or pulled back to show them off - I would just use as a color accent and let the dress shine on it own.
Disclaimer: royal jewels are meant to me seen [emoji73]

Don't like the choice of earrings with that dress. The dress is busy enough as it is, and I would have preferred (as if she cares what I prefer LOL) to see simple but striking jewelry. Are there any nice ruby earrings in the vault?

She certainly looks stunning from the waist up. That necklace!! I hope we get more pictures of her.

From the waist up, she's stunning. Lovely shade of pink. Beautiful necklace.

I hate Marchesa. Don't think Royals should associate with this brand.

The dress is pink/blush, but it has a wedding gown feel to it. The cleavage for a state banquet? The plunging neckline is what a Hollywood actress would go for, not a future queen. And for such a statement necklace, a streamline gown would have worked in a bold color if Kate didn't want to copy Letizia's red.

the dress is stunning so far and works extremely well to show off that gorgeous necklace. apparently the sleeves are bell sleeves. maybe it is a custom creation for kate?

i am guessing it is this dress made in custom with a long skirt and in pink:

http://www.marchesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/LOOK-25.jpg

It indeed has bell sleeves. Best photo I can find. You can also see her in the background of the photo of the Spanish couple and their hosts.

Love Rob Pattinson — royalpain16: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and...

See her in the background here

Her hair is stunning. I love the big gun necklace and the dress color is lovely.

I do find it a bit low cut for a state banquet. And I find the lace too busy with the stunning necklace. A simpler gown, something to really make the jewels pop, would have been better.

But still lovely

Last edited:
A stunning diamond and pearl necklace would of suited the dress very well also. But I don't know what all is in those vaults!

LaRae

The top part of the dress is too tight around the ladies' double parts, too lacey and when you only see the top part, one could easily mistake it ladies' undergarments, also because of the nude colour.

Catherine has a long-structured face. The combination with the deep V-shaped decolleté plus the V-shaped collier, hmmm.... If I was her advisor, I would go for round necklines and a round collier and -for once- not such skin-tight (à la Letizia) as if the dress was 3-d printed on her body.

The jewels were magnificent, but this type of colliers is very hard to wear with success.

Catherine looked very nice, one of her nicest evening looks with a tiara IMO. The gown color, lace, flare and the neckline was very pretty. The open back was lovely. The downside of the now was the slightly flared sleeves. Her hairstyle looked very nice and looked great with the tiara. Lovely make up and a perfect necklace with the neckline.

Having seen the, admittedly, rather blurred picture of Catherine's gown, I think it a little fussy and not a style that suits all those jewels. I think to wear such a necklace today, in a way that it doesn't appear to be dated, is for the dress to be a simpler, sleeker style.

It would be great to see a clear picture to be able to comment on a full view, for what we can see there was a lot going on, mixing styles like bell sleeves, lace, deep V neck and different type of jewellery (rubies, pearls), not sure that it all worked and what a shame not to have a photostop for the royal procession but only for the Queen/King & consorts.

Is this Kate's most daring neckline EVER? Duchess takes the plunge in dusty pink Marchesa gown at glittering Buckingham Palace banquet - but avoids a fashion face-off with Queen Letizia

Last edited:
The pink gown is incredible. The color, the design, and the style is perfect. She looked amazing.

I'm not a fan of the duchess, tbh. She has nice hair and sometimes nice updos and had once a really stunning dress (Alice Temperley, green/blue/petrolish, very lacey). But I don't like her fuss. To me she doesnt seem real, only acting. But thats not the point here, just wanted to mention before I talk about the dress and the necklace.
I my opinion, the necklace is to heavy for her, too big. And the dress would be lovelier in another color and another cleavage. Two times v-neck is too much I think. The hair is wonderful as most of the time, but the eyemakeup is, as usually, too dramatic.

The pink gown is incredible. The color, the design, and the style is perfect. She looked amazing.

It is too fashionista to me. Why do Letizia and Catherine wear dresses giving the impression they entered a 3-d cabine and the dress was computer-printed on their slimmer-than-slim bodies? I prefer the style of dresses in Sweden or Denmark, more ceremonial, more royal, more stately.

Lovely colour on the duchess but wasn't mad about the sleeve or neckline,pity she has no order to wear alongside as it would have really complimented the overall look.

From the neck up the DoC was an oil painting, sheer perfection. But that fussy, slightly frou-frou evening dress is not my cup of tea at all and it really flops next to the Queen of Spain's streamlined, regal elegance.

The plunging neckline is not a big deal for me. It's not like she is spilling out of it. It wouldn't work on someone like Princess Madeleine of Sweden, but for a less well-endowed woman like Kate I think it's ok.

Last edited:

I liked it too. I liked that she wore something interesting and different than her normal style

From the neck up the DoC was an oil painting, sheer perfection. But that fussy, slightly frou-frou evening dress is not my cup of tea at all and it really flops next to the Queen of Spain's streamlined, regal elegance.

The plunging neckline is not a big deal for me. It's not like she is spilling out of it. It wouldn't work on someone like Princess Madeleine of Sweden, but for a less well-endowed woman like Kate I think it's ok.

She's really not competing with a reining monarch. Can you imagine if she'd of worn something similar in style or color to Letizia? The media would be chewing her up, not to mention the detractors.

I would love to see a good pic of her in the whole dress.

LaRae

I'm with you on this one. I thought she looked wonderful. The neckline especially was different for her, but combined with the necklace, it was great.

She's really not competing with a reining monarch. Can you imagine if she'd of worn something similar in style or color to Letizia? The media would be chewing her up, not to mention the detractors.

LaRae

Oh yes I know she's not competing with Letizia but she's been in the Royal game long enough to know that the press and public WILL make it a competition.

I don't object to the color of the gown or her jewels. I just find the style of the gown not to my taste, especially the sleeves. I've seen the DoC in some really beautiful evening gowns, like that pale shimmery pink Jenny Packham she wore shortly after her wedding. Loved it!

Something like that would have been great..something a bit more streamlined to offset the spectacular bling.

Last edited:
The look on her face cracks me up. You can almost imagine what she's thinking: "This is sooooo borrrring and my butt is asleep," ?

I love the whole look. The jewels just about knocked my socks off.

LaRae

Okay, I just saw a much clearer and better photo of Kate's pink lace evening gown and....I love it. I mean I really love it. It would only work on a tall slender woman like the DoC and she looks absolutely beautiful.

So can I change my vote or is it too late??:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom