The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a beautiful black dress, with a lovely neckline. Catherine looks beautiful.

I actually like her hair down for this occasion.

Great look on Kate...she wears that neckline well.

LaRae

It would have balanced the neckline better had she worn her poppies on the left where they should be.

It would have balanced the neckline better had she worn her poppies on the left where they should be.

I think they would have looked crowded on the left side of the dress-I'm not sure there is enough fabric for the trio of poppies.

There is no rules about wearing poppies.

Exactly.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...-should-you-wear-a-poppy-what-side-left-right

The Royal British Legion, primary sellers of the red poppy, have drawn up a ‘red poppy etiquette’ for those wearing them this year.

Rather than setting out a full guide, the organisation simply said the poppy should be worn “with pride”.

Their advice reads: “There is no 'correct' way wear a poppy. It is a matter of personal choice whether an individual chooses to wear a poppy and how they choose to wear it.”

Actually it was tradition for women to wear poppies on the right. Men on the left.

The Queen for years wore her poppy on the right before switching to left. But as the article states, there’s no right or wrong. I wear my poppy on my hat.

Lovely dress! But I still think it's a pity that she always wears her hair down which hides the jewels and the details of her outfit.

Just realize she wore the pearl brooch and placed the poppies on it. Not sure how did she do it but it's a nice idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just realize she wore the pearl brooch and placed the poppies on it. Not sure how did she do it but it's a nice idea.

I agree, I think it was a great idea to put the poppies on the brooch, so it looks like the poppies have a diamond stem.

Nice coat, and the Tudor hat/hat band seems to be A Thing for the Duchess.

Love the coat but just can't admire those hat/head bands!

Another military feel but I don’t mind this one less costume.

The colour is lovely. Nice to see again.

But I really dislike those Tudor head bands.

I think the headband is the right option for an event that requires hats but it is the late afternoon....as for the coat, I just love that colour on her.

Sorry! But whatever that is on her head is ugly and ruins the overall look. Her suit and the fit is gorgeous!

Fair point, hair looks great.

The Duchess this evening at a service marking the centenary of WW1 armistice at Westminster Abbey . With the green Catherine Walker coat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrvX5-zWwAAocSX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrvXC_RWsAANidt.jpg

Great to see this out again after being used for St Patricks Day 2017 and for the trip to Paris the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the pop of colour tonight, I really love Catherines leaning towards headbands at the minute. They look really lovely!

I love this green coat. All the black details are so elegant.

I really like all the headbands too. They’re something different, and she wears them very well. Lovely updo as well.

I loathe headbands only slightly less than fascinators! Otherwise she looks great.

I think today’s cenotaph look is my favourite all time. Catherine is to the manner born.

Feels weird to comment on fashion on such a solemn day, but I am going to do it anyway lol. The cenotaph look was not flattering IMO.I hope someone returns the collar she swiped from the local vicar. It ruined the whole look.

I am feeling mixed on this CW...but its expertly tailored (to be expected from CW) and the color and fabric are rich so its fitting. The head band and hair style seems to be her go to now and that is a real shame. I always loved Kate's fascinators so this headband isn't working for me.

Last edited:
Gorgeous coat on the duchess at Wesminster Abbey and I thought the Tudoresque headband worked well with the black material on her coat.

Isn´t the coat dress a repeat? Always here for a Kokoshnik type headband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom