The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 7 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Lovely color. And I'm not going to bring up the "p" word...:)

:previous: Catherine's choice of red jacket with a white dress, colourwise is a quite stunning choice although her beautiful updo looks a little matronly with the neckline of the jacket. The dress is beautiful but I cannot gauge how it looks on Catherine as almost all of it is hidden from view.

The red jacket is beautiful but it was never designed for an occasion such as this nor to be worn with a lace dress. If just looks decidedly odd and the style is certainly not one that I can imagine paired with that dress.

:previous: Catherine's choice of red jacket with a white dress, colourwise is a quite stunning choice although her beautiful updo looks a little matronly with the neckline of the jacket. The dress is beautiful but I cannot gauge how it looks on Catherine as almost all of it is hidden from view.

The red jacket is beautiful but it was never designed for an occasion such as this nor to be worn with a lace dress. If just looks decidedly odd and the style is certainly not one that I can imagine paired with that dress.

I agree- I like both pieces individually but the styling is off here. Not her best look.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the red jacket isn't a good choice it's very attention grabbing. It should have been a colour that blended in with the others

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 -

The red jacket isn't a good choice for this occasion , I don't mind that it is a strong colour but it doesn't work with the dress IMO . It would be lovely to see the dress properly and the jacket teamed with a different outfit. I really like her hairstyle.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't usually post about Catherine's outfits, but I just don't get this look - a lacey dress teamed with a car coat - and then to carry a shawl as well, as some photos showed.

If you need a coat and a shawl - wear a warmer dress or a longer coat.

And yes, lots of photos online now, and the "p" word indeed.

I too, think the outfit a fail. The pieces are good, but the sum... As she is just there out of love, it's fine, because it really is all about the Queen.

But I refuse to kvetch about the hair. In general people whine about it being worn down. Now in the evening, she wears it up and there are complaints. Nits IMHO!

I don't usually post about Catherine's outfits, but I just don't get this look - a lacey dress teamed with a car coat - and then to carry a shawl as well, as some photos showed.

If you need a coat and a shawl - wear a warmer dress or a longer coat.

And yes, lots of photos online now, and the "p" word indeed.

I keep trying to think of what p word you both mean and can't come up with it :)

I keep trying to think of what p word you both mean and can't come up with it :)

Sorry HRHHermione - "p" = another set of tiny feet on their way.

Trying not to draw a reprimand from anyone about speculation, but several photos of the Duchess standing - taken from several angles - that is the first thought I had.

And I've seen several sites, twitter accounts etc., also thinking the same - pregnant?

Sorry HRHHermione - "p" = another set of tiny feet on their way.

Trying not to draw a reprimand from anyone about speculation, but several photos of the Duchess standing - taken from several angles - that is the first thought I had.

And I've seen several sites, twitter accounts etc., also thinking the same - pregnant?

Ahhhh I get it. Thank you for telling me :)

Time will tell.

I too, think the outfit a fail. The pieces are good, but the sum... As she is just there out of love, it's fine, because it really is all about the Queen.

But I refuse to kvetch about the hair. In general people whine about it being worn down. Now in the evening, she wears it up and there are complaints. Nits IMHO!

Surely if Kate comprehended that it really is all about the Queen, she wouldn't have worn that attention-seeking red coat.

I think it was meant to match the 'attention seeking' jackets of Philip, William and Harry

Surely if Kate comprehended that it really is all about the Queen, she wouldn't have worn that attention-seeking red coat.
The boarder beneeth them were red, the men wore red on their suit coats, I think the nit-pick parade seem to have been an unannounced feature in this celebration...

I have to agree, beautiful pieces separate but not together. :sad:

The red coat was not appropriate for the event. Or with the dress. I would love to see it come out again, the color is great on her and love the neckline. But it didn't fit the formal event. If she wore red to match the men, red accessories would have been more appropriate. The men have red detailing on an otherwise dark outfit, so they don't jump out. Besides, the men's outfits are the royal uniform for Windsor.

The dress is quite lovely. I wish we had seen more of it, maybe just the shall with the dress. I hope we see it again and get a better look.

Have to agree the updo was a bit matronly with the outfit.

The red coat was not appropriate for the event. Or with the dress. I would love to see it come out again, the color is great on her and love the neckline. But it didn't fit the formal event. If she wore red to match the men, red accessories would have been more appropriate. The men have red detailing on an otherwise dark outfit, so they don't jump out. Besides, the men's outfits are the royal uniform for Windsor.

Precisely!

Not my favourite outfit but the red is a spectacular colour on Kate. With Cams in white and QE in blue, Kate in red makes sense. British flag nicely represented by the three most senior ladies

Not my favourite outfit but the red is a spectacular colour on Kate. With Cams in white and QE in blue, Kate in red makes sense. British flag nicely represented by the three most senior ladies
Nice catch!

I agree Macrobug. The ladies all looked lovely in those colors found in the Union Jack and as others pointed out it coordinates with the Windsor jackets worn by the men in the family.:)

My reservations about the updo were that while it is beautiful it was also an intricate updo that one would expect to see with a tiara, and a gorgeous evening gown rather that what everyone else was wearing.

We can only speculate as to her reasoning.

Macrobug, that was my thought too, when I saw a long shot -- the Queen in the center with blue, Camilla on her right in white, and Catherine on her left in red. I also considered the possiblity that Camilla didn't want both of them wearing white...:)

Macrobug, that was my thought too, when I saw a long shot -- the Queen in the center with blue, Camilla on her right in white, and Catherine on her left in red. I also considered the possiblity that Camilla didn't want both of them wearing white...:)

If Kate went red and white why not add blue.

I doubt Camilla is to blame for Catherine's chose of clothes.

Was the weather unexpectedly chilly? This almost seems like she didn't expect to need to wear a coat and just grabbed one last minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom