The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white dress is stunning! She looks very regal.
I agree. It's a departure from some of her other dresses, but it's beautiful. I don't mind her hair being down tonight as she's been wearing her hair back/up more frequently.

This is a really lovely dress, but for some reason, it doesn't sit well in my mind. Perhaps it is the hair being down? I don't know whether it is because it gives off a sweater type vibe (being wintery white) or just the different directions of the lines. I don't know how to explain it, so its not making sense!! Ugh :bang:

It is a definite hit from me. I love to see her experimenting with different styles. A perfect choice for this engagement.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

i don't really see anything wrong in kate's posture - where do the other posters see this? i thought it's just a matter of her being tall, so in most pictures she is lowering herself down to be closer to her interlocutor.

I agree with you regarding the posture issue. It was especially noticeable when she was standing next to a very tall man. She just frequently is talking with people who are much shorter than she.

Strongly dislike it- can't say why- best reason I can come up with is that it looks like it was made out of hotel bath towels, dishcloths, or sheets- can't decide which.

Lovely dress, I like the length, doesn't need yo be floor length to be formal. Her hair looks great. Just a note Kate, you don't need to wear the flag:whistling: we only wear red on Canada day not as a wardrobe here. But elegant look:flowers:

Best appearance in a very long time, stunning dress - please, do not wear beige shoes with it!!!

Better pictures of Catherine last night. This is the best evening dress/overall look she has worn IMO. I just think her brooch should've been placed on the other side. I dont care much for her make up though, seems lately her daytime and evening time make up looks all the same to me.

Catherine dress is by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi

Full view ** Back view ** Close up

Last edited:
I love the colour and length of the dress, and hair and the maple brooch are lovely. The fit of the top of the dress does emphasise the thin boniness of Kate's upper body, however, and the waist has material to spare. Glad to see red shoes and the overall look is great. Vivid reds look superb in the evening, I always think.

Sophisticated and chic. A very different style from her usual evening gowns and I love the hairstyle.

This is another stunning evening gown from Kate. The cut is not the usual silhouette that Kate is used to her and fit her perfectly. Beautiful.

She looks just smashing! Love the color and the style. The neckline is super sharp!

The only thing I would change is the earrings. The rest is spot on.

LaRae

The dress seems slightly too big, but she looks fantastic!

I also think the maple leaf should be on the other side, it seems a bit awkward there.
But that's a minor thing, she looks elegant.

wow! gorgeous!
i love this. she looks magnificent - every inch the princess.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 -

The draping goes through the shoulder area on the other side. It could have gone a little over to the right a bit but we can't see the under structure of the dress. If there not enough fabric there, the brooch might have flopped forward pulling on the dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

... we only wear red on Canada day not as a wardrobe here.

That must be an Alberta thing. Here in Ontario, we wear red whenever we feel like it. (I'm wearing it today, actually!)

I loved the look last night, though I'm far from sold on those earrings.

at first i thought her brooch should have been on the other side as well - but then i realized that may have distracted from the interesting neckline and draping. stunning dress and look.

Someone suggested she might have worn the maple leaf in her hair.
That would have been a nice look, and a bit different. She doesn't wear hair ornaments, that I can recall.

Someone suggested she might have worn the maple leaf in her hair.
That would have been a nice look, and a bit different. She doesn't wear hair ornaments, that I can recall.

She did once; she wore an updo with pearls in her hair for a tea in Kuala Lumpur. It remains my favourite to this day.

I think the maple leaf would have looked stunning in her hair, though I'm not sure how it would have been fastened.

I agree with hel, it must be an Alberta thing because I have four red dresses in my closet that I wear throughout the year. I thought Catherine looked lovely and I really liked the shape of the dress.

Absolutely love the red dress. Catherine looks fantastic.

Beautiful! One of her best evening looks.

The dress is magnificent. She looks incredible.

She did once; she wore an updo with pearls in her hair for a tea in Kuala Lumpur. It remains my favourite to this day.

I think the maple leaf would have looked stunning in her hair, though I'm not sure how it would have been fastened.

This is probably better posted in the Jewelry thread - but she has a hair stylist and surely has access to look at royal jewel settings of all kinds in the vaults. If I did her hair - I'd be working with a jeweler on some kind of thingie to hold brooches in the hair. That is of course, unless, the Duchess is completely against the idea. She may fear hair damage or just not like the concept. But I agree with you that it would be a lovely way to integrate the rare olde baubles into the Duchess' style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom