The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I like the dress too...just would like a little more color to it.

LaRae

I like the dress (and the shoes) but agree that the dress would look great in another colour, perhaps a coral. Not a great fan of the length but tall people can carry it off much better.

I really like this look! So shimmery. It's neutral and unassuming, giving chance for the Queen to shine. But still very festive and glittery. I really like it and it suits her very much! I loooove the swoosh of the skirt!

Am I the only one to like this dress on Katherine? When I saw this dress alone it didn't look that great, but on Kate it looks so awesome. She looks very elegant, I love the color, length & sparkles:flowers: Her hair is perfect too:)

No you are not. I love the look and find her very elegant. The shoes are to die for!;)

No you are not. I love the look and find her very elegant. The shoes are to die for!;)
I agree. I love the shoes. And while they may be a bit matchy-matchy with this look (I like it, but can see why it doesnt suit everyone) I cannot wait to see her use them with other looks :) THey have great versitile potential!

Interesting responses from some! A boring dress on Catherine but lovely on Mette Marit. :whistling:

Have to say I disagree. Catherine looked spot on - for her and the occasion. The Erdem dress is lovely and I love the sparkly shoes!

I really like Kate this evening - a first for me when it comes to her Erdem evening dresses. The shoes are fab as well. Overall a great look for the reception

Kate looks fantastic in that dress. It suits her to a T. Great choice.

Love the shoes and find the dress very pretty. Sometime, your job is just to show up, look pretty and chat! And some days, that's work! Kate never makes it seem so. :flowers:

i like the material of the dress, but i feel all these dresses of Kate's, with full length sleeves, look matronly and make her look older than she is; i believe this dress would look stunning with three-quarter or shorter sleeves.

I find the dress not terribly interesting, though I'm not a fan of that waist look (with the slight blouson above, very narrow defined waist, and full skirt) generally.

With that said, I like it when Catherine wears not terribly interesting clothes to events like these; I think it shows that she understands the guests to be the most important part of the evening and that she has the self-confidence both to let the dressed-to-the-nines guests shine and to understand that they're going to enjoy meeting her regardless of what she's wearing.

The Queen has managed to wear not-terribly-interesting clothes for decades now, and people still deeply appreciate meeting her; Catherine does well to emulate that.

On a personal level, I'm particularly fond of wearing midi-length skirts and full length sleeves, so anything Catherine can do to promote them is A-OK with me. You can't swing a cat in a mid-range fashion store without hitting 26 knee length or above the knee sleeveless dresses for the past several years and I'm so over it.

Love the look! It looks matronly on her though but she looks nice.

Kate wearing this dress and shoes, to me, define what a Princess looks like with the shoes adding the touch of Cinderella slippers to make it a Fairy Tale Princess look. Simple yet elegant and royal.

I think she hit it out of the ballpark with this look. :D

The dress is pretty, but the shoes are amazing!

She looks lovely, length is elegant as well as color with her hair and the sparkle and pleats add some weight. Would have liked a necklace with a colored gemstone? Just saw the same dress on mettle merit, omg bad choice. Not good with the blonde hair and the pleats make her look very wide.

I don't love the dress but I don't dislike it either. I think it's a pretty dress, slightly boring. The shoes are fantastic though and her hair and make up look great.

One thing you can always say about Kate- she dresses appropriately for every occasion and has built a really nice working wardrobe and a style that she's clearly comfortable with.

I love her dress and I think this is a lovely dress for the event. It's a great color, the lace isn't heavy nor is its your typical lace dress. Her hair was styled well for the neckline. Downside was her shoes, reminds me of young girls dressing up in cinderella costume with the glittery shoes.

JMO - but I think Catherine purposefully choses something sedate for group indoor events/receptions. It's polite to not outshine HM or the cousins or even the invitees. She gets so much attention from the press, whatever she wears, that it would be grasping to try to wow us at these kinds of events.
As to the shoes, HM has that sparkly silver pair, Princess Alexandra wore those great sparklers around her birthday and Kate's own silver sandals are years old. I think it was time for something new. Not to be worn all the time, but certainly not out of place for the royal ladies in this family.

Interesting responses from some! A boring dress on Catherine but lovely on Mette Marit. :whistling:

Really?
I'm not keen on the dress but I think it looks much better on Kate.

(It's the sort of dress that makes even a relatively thin person look huge! Only someone as slim as Kate could look attractive, imo).

I love the dress. Its very beautiful and regal. The details are stunning. I love the shoes as well.

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom