The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 04:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like the colour but that's about it. The skirt reminds me of a school girl, too wide and short.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:39 AM
Courtier

The DOC is not wearing evening dress neither are others in the photograph. Why would the DOC go in an evening gown?

Old 02-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Heavens, I like the magenta suit. It's a fresh take on Kate's love for full skirts. She looks every bit as good in it as the model. IMO, this is sophisticated and ladylike and completely fit for a Duchess.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Royal Highness

According to this, it's by Carolina Herrera, not Oscar de la Renta. Has she worn this designer before?

The Duke & Duchess Of Cambridge Attend The Guild Of Health Writers Conference

Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Majesty

^^^ Kate has already worn CH, on the Canada's tour if I am not wrong.

However, Oscar de la Renta or not (and I believe it is De la Renta) I found the outfit as boring as it could be. I don't know if he cause for such a let.down were the accessories or the similiaries with the Luisa Spagnoli's suit, but I was left totally unimpressed.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The colour of this suit is lovely and something different for Kate - the last time i recall her wearing a purple like that was on the very first royal tour of Canada when she last wore the Issa silk dress to the Canada day evening fireworks.

Apart from the colour i don't like much else. Maybe the jacket by itself with a pair of black trousers would be nice for a more informal daytime engagement. But overall it is a bit of a mixed look for an evening event

Old 02-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
The colour of this suit is lovely and something different for Kate - the last time i recall her wearing a purple like that was on the very first royal tour of Canada when she last wore the Issa silk dress to the Canada day evening fireworks.
maybe, it was a repeat
http://au.pressfrom.com/upload/image...-l_716990_.jpg
Old 02-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely color on her but too little girlish in style.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
According to this, it's by Carolina Herrera, not Oscar de la Renta. Has she worn this designer before?

The Duke & Duchess Of Cambridge Attend The Guild Of Health Writers Conference
Oscar De La Renta Autumn/Winter 2015 Ready-To-Wear Collection
Runway outfit
Old 02-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Majesty

this just doesn't work for me. the jacket is great fitting, the colour is nice but there's something about the skirt that just does not work.

odd, because i generally love some oscar de la renta action. hopefully she will get the skirt better tailored.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-07-2017, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

The jacket is too bulky and emphasizes a longer waist which throws the proportion out of wack. The skirt is to girlish IMO.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Majesty

I think that the magenta colour is great and looks wonderful with Catherine's dark hair, but I do think that the skirt is little-girlish.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Nobility

I like this outfit, maybe the skirt looks a tad schoolgirlish, but I don't mind. I do wish she'd try out some new jewelry, though. Not sure why she chose to wear a watch. A pretty bracelet would have been better, IMHO, especially as the sleeves are a little short.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

LOVE the color...the style is nothing exciting.

LaRae
Old 02-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Just saw from distance, looked like fiat dress. I actually liked it better as fiat dress. Seeing it up close see it us another peplum coat.

Honestly if it was a business day event, she should have just eith the red from earlier. They were so similar anyways.
I see your point. I thought that as well. But I'm thinking it might be like this. The first event was in the morning and the other in the evening. I assume she was in other clothes during the day at home. I know I would not stay in a suit for that long at home when not needed. And sure, she could have pulled it off and put it on again for the evening, but changing is just as logical in that case.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

At the BAFTA Awards, 12 February
Wearing Alexander McQueen
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/E...M1dM9vu0Ex.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/E...JHILOrsf8x.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/E...Ma68pWgd2x.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/E...gbswwqiKNx.jpg
https://68.media.tumblr.com/bd1d7a75...wpzjo1_500.png

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 02-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Love the style, hate the colour/pattern far too dark for her. Lighter colour would have been better.
Hair looks fabulous!
Old 02-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

LOVE LOVE LOVE! The top particularly is so flattering to her. Hair is great too!

Are those new earrings??? Is that the Queens cuff on loan again, right wrist?

LaRae
Old 02-12-2017, 02:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hate it , horrible pattern and frilly skirt The top doesn't suit her or her posture. Very disappointing
Old 02-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Sorry, this is a pass. McQueen is usually on point for her but the design is jacked off Erdem.

Closed Thread

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duchess of cambridge eveningwear