Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
better pictures

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...8201977814.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...8201984723.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Wind is not Kate's friend, we all know that.

Her posture is horrible and she still seems to be very insecure or nervous - at least via body language - about where to stand, go, wave, maybe that has to do with the bad posture, having to fight with the hair and skirt while pressing the clutch to the spot where the legs start, what looks unfortunate anyway.
I would have to agree with the general feeling that the top and bottom don't match. The bodice is ill-styled and ill-fitted and just looks plain odd, and then we have Catherine's preferred high-waisted skirt.

The pleats on this gown are warring with the ultra-fussy top and just as you shake your head and wonder what sort of evening gown this is . . . out pops her leg from an extremely inelegant height and the effect is even odder still. Hello Catherine, for a minute I thought it wasn't you! Glad we cleared that up.

DoM, I think the points you mention are mannerisms rather than any sense of insecurity or nerves. Women that wear such slits in their evening gowns, showing as much leg as Catherine wont to do in almost all her evening gowns, do not suffer from lack of confidence.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

I rather like the top and skirt combination. I would have closed the slit in the skirt and have the neckline altered a bit. But I like it.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Majesty

i think the posture issue may come from the fact that she is quite tall, specially in heels, so kind of has to duck down to be able to talk to people...

regarding the skirt and the wind, i guess that will always be the problem of flowy skirts. they look lovely and is a younger look than a 'stiff' skirt, but the wind will always be an issue - specially in the UK!

the hair, on the other hand, is rather irritating as she is always touching it to put it out of the way - and a problem easily solved with a good hairdo. she doesn't do it as much these days as in the past, but it is disturbing when watching her.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Loved those legs in that dress.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I adore this dress! It's understated but elegant as well.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Serene Highness

She looks like she's not sure whether to hold down her skirt or her hair.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dress. Unique but appropriate for the occasion. I might have closed the slit on the skirt up a little (couple fo inches), but other than that, very pretty. I would have loved to have seen her hair in a half up/half down type of style.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Nobility

This isn't a fave of mine. I like skirt; the slit adds a little something. I don't think the top works on her though.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:08 PM
Royal Highness

Tom and Lorenzo...

...have some interesting comments about styling.

Cathy Cambridge Wears a Pretty Dress at the "A Street Cat Named Bob" UK Premiere | Tom + Lorenzo

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I actually think it's a pretty dress (I love the slit in the skirt), but it feels a little boring. I think it would have looked better with an updo and different earrings/jewelry.

That Tom and Lorenzo article made some good points. The dress is a little basic, so it needed something to make it pop. Different accessories/styling would have helped.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:23 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

November 12, 2016 - The Duchess in a black Temperley coat attending the Royal Festival of Remembrance.

It's a lovely coat which flatters her but I don't think this event required a coat especially since it was indoors. A simple black dress would've looked right.

Full view ** Close up
Old 11-13-2016, 12:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Agreed. Lovely coat, but a nice black dress would have suited the indoor event more.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, much as I like the coat, it did look a little odd by to continue to wear it as if this is an outdoor event. In previous years Kate has arrived coat-less in a formal black evening dress and other royals are clearly continuing with this pattern this year. Perhaps she was feeling cold and she slipped it off later in the evening.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-13-2016, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she turned up and realised someone was wearing the same dress

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 11-13-2016, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she just sees the event as somber and fit for remembering others rather than a fashionable opportunity.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Maybe she just sees the event as somber and fit for remembering others rather than a fashionable opportunity.

Yes appreciate your point but as this is a fashion thread we are going to discuss such trivial matters.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-13-2016, 02:10 PM
Majesty

Catherine looks wonderful and elegant. It's a great coat.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Yesterday evening's look was very disappointing. The coat was too blad for such a somber occasion and that hair loose like that was a big "no", imo.
Old 11-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I have a similar opinion to the previous posters - beautiful coat, but a little strange that Catherine is wearing it for an indoor occasion. Having said that, it's getting colder in London though (I'm just on the outside of the city) so perhaps she wore it because she was genuinely cold, even if she's inside.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Catherine in a Black Preen Cocktail dress at the Place2be awards;
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...33028374413312

This is the dress on the model; https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/p...product/720304

Black version of the red one from the tour?

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duchess of cambridge eveningwear