The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so! They are the ones with the interchangeable center stones.

LaRae

Are you sure the middle bits were interchangeable?

Are you sure the middle bits were interchangeable?

I think so? I've read about it either here (jewelry threads) or in an article about the earrings.

LaRae

Last edited:
I think so? I've read about it either here (jewelry threads) or in an article about the earrings.

LaRae
Not that we know of. The Queen has a pair that look very similar to these but are not the same. Those can have diamond drops, emerald drops or empty hoops. The ones Kate wore are a different pair that showed up on the Queen at an opening of parliment.

Post on Kate's: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Diamond Pendant Earrings
And the interchangable ones: From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Queen's Emerald or Diamond Pendant Earrings

Ah ok...thanks! I thought these were the interchangeable ones.

LaRae

thin she looks beautiful in the red dress and I like it very much! But what is it with the men tights and balerina shoes with bow?

I think those earrings, while beautiful, look very heavy and uncomfortable. I know I can't wear really heavy earrings without a lot of pain.

I think earrings are like high heels too much pain for me

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Oops got the colour wrong, it's pink.

Thanks for the updated pic dazzling :)

I'd call that Magenta, which [correct me if i'm wrong] isn't a colour the Duchess has worn before ?

I love this suit and the colour is divine.

Great color and the skirt with the box pleats is good for her as it seems to add some weight

I love the magenta color. Fresh and a great change for her.

That said Another cost dress? I am sorry but bored. And doesn't scream evening event. And after wearing a suit earlier, something less structured would have been nice.

Last edited:
I love the magenta color. Fresh and a great change for her.

That said Another cost dress? I am sorry but bored. And doesn't scream evening event. And after wearing a suit earlier, something less structured would have been nice.
It's not a coat dress. It's a jacket and skirt. ANd it's not very eveningy, but neither was the event. It was a seminar/conference for professionals. I assume the monday night spot was so it's after regular work hours, but it's a standard work event it seemed. So I thought the look fitting. It was a bit too similar to her earlier look in the day so I would have liked them more spread out on different days, but both looks were nice and professional.

I love the coat dress. Its a beautiful color.

It's not a coat dress. It's a jacket and skirt. ANd it's not very eveningy, but neither was the event. It was a seminar/conference for professionals. I assume the monday night spot was so it's after regular work hours, but it's a standard work event it seemed. So I thought the look fitting. It was a bit too similar to her earlier look in the day so I would have liked them more spread out on different days, but both looks were nice and professional.

Just saw from distance, looked like fiat dress. I actually liked it better as fiat dress. Seeing it up close see it us another peplum coat.

Honestly if it was a business day event, she should have just eith the red from earlier. They were so similar anyways.

I like the colour but that's about it. The skirt reminds me of a school girl, too wide and short.

The DOC is not wearing evening dress neither are others in the photograph. Why would the DOC go in an evening gown?

Heavens, I like the magenta suit. It's a fresh take on Kate's love for full skirts. She looks every bit as good in it as the model. IMO, this is sophisticated and ladylike and completely fit for a Duchess.

^^^ Kate has already worn CH, on the Canada's tour if I am not wrong.

However, Oscar de la Renta or not (and I believe it is De la Renta) I found the outfit as boring as it could be. I don't know if he cause for such a let.down were the accessories or the similiaries with the Luisa Spagnoli's suit, but I was left totally unimpressed.

The colour of this suit is lovely and something different for Kate - the last time i recall her wearing a purple like that was on the very first royal tour of Canada when she last wore the Issa silk dress to the Canada day evening fireworks.

Apart from the colour i don't like much else. Maybe the jacket by itself with a pair of black trousers would be nice for a more informal daytime engagement. But overall it is a bit of a mixed look for an evening event

Lovely color on her but too little girlish in style.

this just doesn't work for me. the jacket is great fitting, the colour is nice but there's something about the skirt that just does not work.

odd, because i generally love some oscar de la renta action. hopefully she will get the skirt better tailored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom