The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Welcome to Part 6 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - October 2015 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I love the back of the dress, but unsure about the dress from the front.

Front
Back View

I don't know if I like the dress or not... I have a soft spot for that style, but the fabric makes the pleats look wrinkled instead of the flowy effect...

The upper part is "like an ill-fitting bathrobe", indeed. Catherine looks fine from the back. The hairstyle and earrings are lovely.

On a different note, Ms Harris is the best dressed lady at the screening. A simple cut and rich colour show off Ms Harris' amazing figure.

Last edited:
I think that it would have looked better in a richer colour. Burgundy or navy or dark green.

except the back the dress is a mess,a total mess.
i quit like the hair as someone said above her best ever.

I loved it! Very nice! The front is so-so! But it's all so swoopy! And the back is stunning!! And i love the little detail of the buttons on the arm! Very nice!

I don't know if I like the dress or not... I have a soft spot for that style, but the fabric makes the pleats look wrinkled instead of the flowy effect...

Yep. I'm going back and forth on it too. In some photos I like it, but in other photos the fit is odd.

I do adore the back of the dress, as well as the color. I'm also loving her hairstyle and the earrings.

Yep. I'm going back and forth on it too. In some photos I like it, but in other photos the fit is odd.

I do adore the back of the dress, as well as the color. I'm also loving her hairstyle and the earrings.
I think the focus on the back was intentional. Since they don't stop and pose for the pictures, her back is what's shown the most. The same when they talk to the actors! So I understand the reasoning! I also think this is a dress that is best seen in movement. On the livestream it looked better :)

Love it. The way it falls,the colour etc beautiful dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Same here. Like the color, updo (I agree that's maybe her best updo) and the gorgeous belt... but the front and especially the upper part really bugs me...

It's a lovely dress and colour, but the fit seems a little "generous" on the top part. The front reminds me of the Queen Mother's day dresses - the V-neck, cross over style.

I'd like to see the dress in a deeper colour too.

I love Catherine's hairstyle when it is put up like this.

It 's like there is too much fabric in the front and it doesn't drape correctly.

I love the back of the dress, but unsure about the dress from the front.

Front

Back View

I think there's too much material because the dress doesn't fit her properly. Lovely colour though! It's bitter biting up here so I don't know how warm she is!

I love this Iook- I think it's glamorous and fun and different than her usual style, with the statement earrings and sparkle. And her up do is lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

LOVE the hair/jewels (are those new earrings?). Love the color of the dress...and the back of the dress is fabulous! The front skirt is beautiful (so are her shoes)...but the top. The top is not attractive, too much material and the fit is off.

LaRae

The dress isn't ill-fitting - it's a different silhouette for Catherine. This is a very "Bond" look - kind of 70s, a little risque with the sheerness but covered up sort of at the same time. Everyone's been asking for different silhouettes, and she's tried one.

This is a very luxurious look, to me, and it is kind of daring with so much sheer and the rather exposing cut of the inner neckline. But this is also a very classic look, with the "blouson" cut of the top, which is especially noticeable in front.

The dress isn't ill-fitting - it's a different silhouette for Catherine. This is a very "Bond" look - kind of 70s, a little risque with the sheerness but covered up sort of at the same time. Everyone's been asking for different silhouettes, and she's tried one.

This is a very luxurious look, to me, and it is kind of daring with so much sheer and the rather exposing cut of the inner neckline. But this is also a very classic look, with the "blouson" cut of the top, which is especially noticeable in front.
I agree! She was treading the line of sexy without going overboard. And when should you do that if not at a Bond premiere?! I think she managed to walk that fine line splendidly!

The upper part is "like an ill-fitting bathrobe", indeed. Catherine looks fine from the back. The hairstyle and earring are lovely.

On a different note, Ms Harris is the best dressed lady at the screening. A simple cut and rich colour shows off Ms Harris' amazing figure.
I completely agree with you about the front and back. Not so great from the front, but fine from the back. Hair, jewels and makeup are lovely though.

i don't like this dress as much as i liked the red dress she wore for the state dinner. it is OK but missing the wow factor. combined with her earlier outfit, not kate's best day. the hair fails to impress me too.

The back is nice, but it's a shapeless piece of fabric from the front. Not her best.

I kind of wish the top was more structured in the front on top. Our remind me of that dress gwnyeth palrow wire to the Oscars which flopped because of the no bra look. But Catherine looks better.

Don't like this top on Catherine. The back opening looks like she forgot to finish pulling the zip and then you see the zip tab. Top doesn't compliment her at all. I much prefer her figure hugging gowns.

I have to say, even if the dress was not spot on I really enjoy that she's playing with different shapes and cuts! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom