The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine was very elegant at the Festival of Remembrance.

Busty isn't a descriptive adjective I'd ever apply to Kate! :lol:

She looks fine; the dress is conservative and well-suited to the occasion, and it's the sort of thing she'll probably wear again.

Yeah, that's the point! I know Kate isn't busty at all, but that dress made her look as if she were busty! She is very thin and can pull off better silhouttes :flowers:

Oh, that's really pretty and elegant! The guy next to Kate doesn't look half bad either...;)

I'd like to see the top as a jacket. Perhaps with white or matching red trousers. A bit excentric but not too much over the top. Not something for the Dutchess though, not her style.

Hello! article on Catherine's outfit for the Fostering Network event.

It's a lovely dress!

Love that dress. Divine, especially the color. Gorgeous, Elegant, and regal. Perfect for a princess! Or Duchess!

Last edited:
Catherine looks great! The dress is beautiful and elegant. I also love her hair.

I don't like the dress, I think it is dowdy.

The hairstyle is okay.

Lovely dress but the belt isn't very attractive. Like her hairstyle.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The fabric looks interesting, however the dress is nothing special in my opinion. There are hundreds of dresses out there just like it. I do think Catherine looks pretty.

I think she look smashing! Great color for her, love the textured material and the style is classical elegance...and appears to fit her very well!

LaRae

Sorry, but this is in my bottom ten all time. It is hard for anything to make Kate's derriere look large. This does. There is an awkward tulip shape thing happening with the bottom half.
It's the right color, nice length, appropriate and the fabric is gorgeous. But it's dull and not flattering. JMO.

Sorry, but this is in my bottom ten all time. It is hard for anything to make Kate's derriere look large. This does. There is an awkward tulip shape thing happening with the bottom half.
It's the right color, nice length, appropriate and the fabric is gorgeous. But it's dull and not flattering. JMO.
Exactly my thoughts. Dull and not flattering is a great way to describe it. The fabric, as you stated, is gorgeous.

It's a classic A line dress....it doesn't even show her behind. I don't see how it can make her look too big....most of her dresses are A lines....

The dress is attractive. It is a great color. The belt and shoes match.

IMO, it is a great look that could have been polished a bit more without the 'Shirley Temple curls'.

Tulip-shaped. That was the word I was looking for to describe the 'full sail' look in the wind, and yes, it is an awkward shape.

But with the reappearance of the "sausage curls" the only thing missing was the four-inch wide sash and obligatory bows.

Tulip-shaped. That was the word I was looking for to describe the 'full sail' look in the wind, and yes, it is an awkward shape.

But with the reappearance of the "sausage curls" the only thing missing was the four-inch wide sash and obligatory bows.

We called them 'boings'. :lol:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-emWCyxn7y...WY/GwdYGfnv7pQ/s1600/temple_shirley_young.jpg

http://spyhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/shirley-temple-13.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/b20...DAY/2014/02/11//1392116052000-GTY-2642529.jpg

http://www.birdyboredombusters.com/images/cotton_rope_boing.jpg

Last edited:
I think Catherine looks great. The length, color, style and texture of the dress suit her quite nicely. The hairstyle works well with the whole ensemble. It's a simple and elegant choice for an evening event that is not a formal affair.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the dress! It's such a lovely color, length and it has a nice flare to it. However, I dont think the belt is suitable for an evening event/dress. I like the black pumps and clutch with the outfit. The hair style is ok but the one curl in the front looks odd.

Lovely as the dress was, did she really need another new dress for the engagement? Could there not have been another dress in her wardrobe tat could have been used again

Lovely as the dress was, did she really need another new dress for the engagement? Could there not have been another dress in her wardrobe tat could have been used again

I'm sure she didn't but I've been known to buy myself a dress even I don't "need" one. Sometimes, you just fancy a new dress...

I'm sure she didn't but I've been known to buy myself a dress even I don't "need" one. Sometimes, you just fancy a new dress...
I agree. Also, I think she might be trying out the brand a bit for the India tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom