The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The black dress is exquisite. Very elegant and regal. It's one of her best dresses.

Yes, a perfectly judged outfit. I like her hair worn back over the shoulder ( you can see her wonderful earrings) wonder why she doesn't do this more often. It might be the make up, but she looks very good and fresh faced.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like this lace black dress very elegant. But i disagree about hair and makeup. Hair is a big mess. And the makeup makes her older.

Last edited:
While looking to the BBC for the Remembrance Festival most of the tweets on "the second screen" (Twitter) went about Gregory Porter (one of the singers) with his inseparable hat. A lot of the other tweets went about "the globs of make-up plastered on Kate" and other rants against the Duchess of Cambridge. So Twitterland was not so impressed with Kate's appearance, to put it mildly.

I like the dress but it's nothing special, it's like another black lace dress. The disappointment was her hair, it was really styled badly and the blow-dry wasn't done nicely IMO. Moreover, I find such dresses should have hair pulled back half or all.

Totally overwhelming look. The dress is another lace, boring and banal black dress, which was even unflattering on her. It made her look busty in the upper part. Kate has a lot of similar and much nicer black cocktail dresses, and yet she chose another new piece that does nothing for her. Pity.

Totally overwhelming look. The dress is another lace, boring and banal black dress, which was even unflattering on her. It made her look busty in the upper part. Kate has a lot of similar and much nicer black cocktail dresses, and yet she chose another new piece that does nothing for her. Pity.
I know people keep saying she has alot of similar pieces. And in a way she does... But I can't see one that would work here. They are either gowns or more full-skirt and frilly (and sometimes even edgy) more fit for galas and cocktail partys. Unless one seeps from my memory.

I know people keep saying she has alot of similar pieces. And in a way she does... But I can't see one that would work here. They are either gowns or more full-skirt and frilly (and sometimes even edgy) more fit for galas and cocktail partys. Unless one seeps from my memory.

If she really needed to buy a new piece she could have at least chosen something better... I fail to see how this dress is remarkable oer even pretty...

I think the dress is alright. Just some fit issues.

The dress is okay for the occasion. I'm only surprised at the "vows" for this dress, which it is a boring, black lace dress. That's all:flowers:. At least in twitter I read comments similar to mine.

Why is she supposed to buy things that are remarkable she buys what she likes and wants to wear.

I like the dress, suitable for the event. I love the hemline. The dress looks better on her since everything is porportioned correctly.

Kinda like the side bang she's got going too.

LaRae

Totally overwhelming look. The dress is another lace, boring and banal black dress, which was even unflattering on her. It made her look busty in the upper part.

Busty isn't a descriptive adjective I'd ever apply to Kate! :lol:

She looks fine; the dress is conservative and well-suited to the occasion, and it's the sort of thing she'll probably wear again.

I agree that the LBD is nothing special, it looks similar to the velvet D&G worn at the Chinese State Visit:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...850_plum_lace_dress_by-a-69_1445424692978.jpg

Kate already owns lots of short black dresses and short black lace dresses, but I guess she just needed another one. It's fine for the occasion, the hair is a mess as usual.
Can someone show me what dress she should have repeated? This is an super honest question. Because I know it feels like she has alot of them... but I can't see which one she should have used. She has the gowns, that would have been inappropriate. Then she has the cutout ones with fuller skirt which are too edgy. The only one I can see is the Beulah from NY. But it's rather short and "cocktail-y" in my mind and not really fitting. Am I missing one?

Can someone show me what dress she should have repeated? This is an super honest question. Because I know it feels like she has alot of them... but I can't see which one she should have used. She has the gowns, that would have been inappropriate. Then she has the cutout ones with fuller skirt which are too edgy. The only one I can see is the Beulah from NY. But it's rather short and "cocktail-y" in my mind and not really fitting. Am I missing one?

I agree that the dress worn in NYC has a hemline that is too short for the occasion. The others with the cutouts in the material are IMO inappropriate for this event.

I agree that the dress worn in NYC has a hemline that is too short for the occasion. The others with the cutouts in the material are IMO inappropriate for this event.
Exactly. I see how people get the feeling that she has too many black lace dresses. I get that. But in this case I don't think any of them would have worked too well at this event. + She was 4 months pregnant in the Beulah dress.

I have no problem with the dress that she chose for The Festival of Remembrance. It's not overwhelming, and suits the occasion. Catherine looks great in it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

D and g works for her. Should bu rn the other black lace dresses

As others have mentioned...I don't think any of her other lace black dresses would have worked... She wore while pregnant or not dressy enough. The only dress which may have worked was the black Jenny Packham Kate wore in NZ with the fern diamanté on her shoulder. ... A tip of the hat to Charles in NZ. But I do think she looked lovely last night...and the lace pattern did have a bit of a 'poppy' flavor to it.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes//royalty/2014041018092/william-and-kate-unveil-queen-portrait-in-wellington/0-94-470/kate-arrives-dinner1--z.jpg

Last edited:
As others have mentioned...I don't think any of her other lace black dresses would have worked... She wore while pregnant or not dressy enough. The only dress which may have worked was the black Jenny Packham Kate wore in NZ with the fern diamanté on her shoulder. ... A tip of the hat to Charles in NZ. But I do think she looked lovely last night...and the lace pattern did have a bit of a 'poppy' flavor to it.
Oh, I forgot about that one! That might have worked... Maybe not with such a big fern though...

I so do wish Catherine would not wear foreign labels like D&G.

Is it only a Kate criterea? I mean... Sophie does. Diana did. Camilla does. And going out of UK. Victoria & Madeleine does. Mary does. etc etc.

Is it only a Kate criterea? I mean... Sophie does. Diana did. Camilla does. And going out of UK. Victoria & Madeleine does. Mary does. etc etc.

In fact since announcing her pregnancy Victoria majority of what Victoria has worn has been Seraphine and Asos both British labels

Kate is not a patron of British Fashion, she doesn't need to only wear British designers imo

In fact since announcing her pregnancy Victoria majority of what Victoria has worn has been Seraphine and Asos both British labels

Kate is not a patron of British Fashion, she doesn't need to only wear British designers imo
I agree. It's nice that she does alot and she does do it ALOT. So I don't see the trouble.

Dolce&Gabbana Siciliana lace dresses are said to be the best in their class. There is nothing wrong with an occasional dress/suit/coat from a foreign label.

Last edited:
:previous: I would have to agree. Catherine's D & G black lace dress was
both the most attractive black lace dress I've seen her wear and the most appropriate for the occasion. Of all the varied black lace dresses she owns, not one of them would have been engagement appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom