The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
The dress isn't ill-fitting - it's a different silhouette for Catherine. This is a very "Bond" look - kind of 70s, a little risque with the sheerness but covered up sort of at the same time. Everyone's been asking for different silhouettes, and she's tried one.

This is a very luxurious look, to me, and it is kind of daring with so much sheer and the rather exposing cut of the inner neckline. But this is also a very classic look, with the "blouson" cut of the top, which is especially noticeable in front.
I agree, I love the blouson style of the top of the dress and then the "surprise" back. It is truly lovely and her hair is the best updo I've seen on her. Love the earrings as well.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:47 PM
Courtier

(..)

I like the new earrings. They remind me of Crown Princess Mary's aquamarine earrings.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think it does much for her. It reminds me of drapery sheers.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
The dress isn't ill-fitting - it's a different silhouette for Catherine. This is a very "Bond" look - kind of 70s, a little risque with the sheerness but covered up sort of at the same time. Everyone's been asking for different silhouettes, and she's tried one.

This is a very luxurious look, to me, and it is kind of daring with so much sheer and the rather exposing cut of the inner neckline. But this is also a very classic look, with the "blouson" cut of the top, which is especially noticeable in front.

Agreed. It fits fine. It's not as form fitting as what she usually wears though.

This up do and the one she had when she wore that stunning aqua dress are my favorites so far. Outstanding look on her. The belt and earrings were the perfect accessories.

This isn't my favorite gown, but I like it and think she looks good in it. I like Kate's style in general, but it's fun to see her deviate a bit sometimes.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

A miss... IMO.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

(..)

I like that Kate wore her hair in an updo and I liked the earrings, which went well with the gown. The earrings are Kate's mother's, I believe. However the dress accentuated the lack of curves, and the colour washed Kate out, IMO. She looks much better in more vivid colours.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Same here. Like the color, updo (I agree that's maybe her best updo) and the gorgeous belt... but the front and especially the upper part really bugs me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It's a lovely dress and colour, but the fit seems a little "generous" on the top part. The front reminds me of the Queen Mother's day dresses - the V-neck, cross over style.

I'd like to see the dress in a deeper colour too.

I love Catherine's hairstyle when it is put up like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
LOVE the hair/jewels (are those new earrings?). Love the color of the dress...and the back of the dress is fabulous! The front skirt is beautiful (so are her shoes)...but the top. The top is not attractive, too much material and the fit is off.
I have to admit to loving the colour and the gorgeous, slightly fuller, lined skirt is to die for but, why have a slit up the left front? Was the slit down the bare back of her top not enough?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5896056545.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the "idea" of the dress but her shoulder blades are sticking out at the back and the front coverage seems to have been made for a far more generously endowed woman and just sort of droops or hangs there. Had the top been lined and still had a slit down the back, it probably would have looked amazing, but she didn't and it wasn't. But don't you just love the DM headline:

Kate Middleton braless at Spectre world premiere in Jenny Packham gown

The front of her hair looks lovely, but the back looks like a birds nest with the lights catching every split end. The other strange thing was that the updo looked totally different from the left and right . . . now that is just odd. Shoot the hairdresser, but it does allow us to see those gorgeous chandelier earrings. I wonder if they are aquamarines or blue topaz? Never mind, I love them anyway

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QBFQ1si8eW...iddleton-1.jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/494...rwzWGSfQ%3d%3d

Actually, I loved all her accessories, from the gorgeous earrings, the belt, clutch and jimmy choo's.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I am trying not to look at the top part of the gown at all - from the belt down it is lovely and typically of the style suited to Kate. But the top half looks awful - the spaghetti straps are dated and not becoming and the blouson effect of the coverup is pretty bad. The sheer element of the gown on top highlights the bad posture of Kate and the way she hunches her shoulders and stands with that awkward pose of having her clutch held high.
I do like the colour, her hair is lovely and her mother's borrowed earrings are perfect. However i am hoping for a nice evening gown tomorrow evening so i can forget about this one. Not one of Jenny Packham's best gowns on Kate which is are as normally they are stunning.

I would love to see a repeat gown for the 100 women hedges dinner - its about time she repeated more evening wear.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

JMO- I love seeing new gowns- it's about time after all the repeats! ( Yes, I do appreciate recycling...)
Old 10-26-2015, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

This is only the second evening gown event of the year I believe. The First being the State Dinner. I don't remember any evening gowns in the beginning of the year. If there were, they were maternity wear.

The ink blue dress from the last Kate attended the Hedge Fund dinner in 2013 right after the christening got worn again in NYC at the St Andrews Met Gala and I believe it was also worn earlier in 2014 I think to the NPG?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Daring Duchess of Cambridge goes braless in pale blue floor-length Jenny Packham gown and diamond accessories at the world premiere of Spectre

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...5890368164.jpg
This dress looks like a night gown

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 10-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Majesty

I'm not sure about this dress. I like the skirt, and the color, but the top part is kind of 'eh'.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:39 PM
Nobility

(..)

I didn't like the dress as much as others. I did watch the live feed for the event and the dress looks better in motion. Pictures never do anyone justice. I like the dress but not the front on top. LOVE the earrings and the bling around her waist. I get the look she was going for but I'm not sure it was executed as well as it could have been. Overall great effort, hair and accessories!
Old 10-27-2015, 12:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
JMO- I love seeing new gowns- it's about time after all the repeats! ( Yes, I do appreciate recycling...)
I'm excited to see what she wears tomorrow. She hasn't had any evening events, other than the State dinner, in a while. Before that she was recycling her dresses. I think I want to see something new.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The evening gown, I liked the color, the embellished belt and the daring back slit but I thought the sides of the bust was a bit revealing and the front part aged her. I like her up-do and her earrings. Such a lovely unexpected look.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I like very the hairstyle and the earrings. The dress is good perhaps for another but Catherine seems to be at least 1 or 2 sizes bigger. Bad choice.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I think the focus on the back was intentional. Since they don't stop and pose for the pictures, her back is what's shown the most. The same when they talk to the actors! So I understand the reasoning! I also think this is a dress that is best seen in movement. On the livestream it looked better :)

That it did. The clips I've seen, it really works far better than in the stills I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It's a lovely dress and colour, but the fit seems a little "generous" on the top part. The front reminds me of the Queen Mother's day dresses - the V-neck, cross over style.

I'd like to see the dress in a deeper colour too.

I love Catherine's hairstyle when it is put up like this.

When I showed Mom the pictures, she wondered if when it was the final fitting time, if maybe Kate was still Breast Feeding Charlotte and that's why the front has such as sag to it? That had never crossed my mind, but after thinking on it, Mom may be on to something there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scook9187 View Post
I kind of wish the top was more structured in the front on top. Our remind me of that dress gwnyeth palrow wire to the Oscars which flopped because of the no bra look. But Catherine looks better.

Thank You...I had nearly forgotten about that crime to fashion. Now, I have to and bleach my brain once again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
She looks great. I especially LOVE her hairstyle. How I wish she had worn this style for her wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes!! Her Hairdresser outdid himself (?) tonight and then some!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Agreed. It fits fine. It's not as form fitting as what she usually wears though.

This up do and the one she had when she wore that stunning aqua dress are my favorites so far. Outstanding look on her. The belt and earrings were the perfect accessories.

This isn't my favorite gown, but I like it and think she looks good in it. I like Kate's style in general, but it's fun to see her deviate a bit sometimes.

Not my fave either, but not her worst. IMO, that honour belongs to that shapeless grey one shoulder thing from a couple of years ago. This one...The colour's beautiful on her, but after all this time, I think I'm safe in saying the Blues really are *her* Colour Range/Spectrum. She just looks gorgeous in anything Blue. Even if the actual garment is a flop, if it's Blue, it still brings out the best of Kate. At least IMO.

And while not a complete flop, it's not a complete win either. It really one of those that looks better in movement, but.....

Yeah.

That up do though...Oh that up do!! That knot her hair is in looks so intricate and so incredible!!! Just a total Wow, but especially because....

Thanks to it, we got a proper look at those Earrings and what a view it was too. WOW!!! Only thing I hate about them, the only way I'll ever own a pair is if I won the Lottery and I'd love to have a pair of those gorgeous beauties. Just...WOWZA!!!

Old 10-27-2015, 04:29 AM
Administrator

The thread has had a major clean-up. Speculative and off-topic posts have been removed. Please remember that according to the TRF rules we don't speculate on health issues, weight and eating disorders. This is a fashion thread, so please stay on topic of this thread! Thank you!
Old 10-27-2015, 05:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love that this is a different look for her. Beautiful hair and stunning earrings. I think this is a very distinctive and stylish gown and like it very much.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Spectre premiere: The Duchess of Cambridge beats Bond girls in red carpet fashion stakes - Independent.ie

Closed Thread

Tags
catherine middleton style, royal fashion, the duchess of cambridge eveningwear, the duchess of cambridge fashion